Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Deadwood History, Inc.

I am not liking your change the "Print label sheet" is confusing and adds more steps to the process

March 2, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this. I can definitely understand how this change has created more steps in your workflow of printing labels, and I'd really like to share your feedback with our teams. I'm going to send you an email shortly to discuss this further. I look forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Balance Eco

There are a few minor issues and inconveniences, however, my biggest problem by far is that Google shows ALL barcodes as invalid. It's cool to be able to create new barcodes for products, but it doesn't really help if they register as invalid barcodes to one of the main shopping platforms.

February 26, 2020

Thank you very much for your review. I'm sorry to hear that using this app caused conflict with your Google Shopping barcode requirements.

Very often this is an issue because Google Shopping requires specific barcodes, which can be traced back to a product's manufacturer, while our barcode labels app isn't able to locate those at this time. Therefore the codes created by the app won't be as specific as what Google is looking for.

That being said, we are always looking for ways to improve the apps we offer to help make our merchants' lives easier. I will be following up with you via email so that we can talk in more detail about how your experience with this app could be improved! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Violet Row

I’ve experienced some of the issues as the other other reviewers. My biggest issue though is label setup. I wish there was another option available...not variant choices but where the variants show up on a label and the ability to choose a starting point on an avery label sheet. Even more important, to be able to add the title to the small avery label (5167?). I’m only able to print the price & barcode. How can an employee know what product that label goes to w/out the title? I would love to discuss this further. Thanks!

February 26, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Our development team relies on this kind of candid review so that we can continue to improve the options we offer.

I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can chat more. Hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Damselfly Clothing Company

This app is a little gliltchy. It doesn't always create all the barcodes for new items, it doesn't have a cart or easy way to print tags for new items, and just about every other time, it doesn't populate the print window and you have to generate tags again. Very time consuming and only works with Dymo label printers, which are marginal also. I expected much more!

February 26, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review. To create barcodes for new products only, please follow these steps (http://bit.ly/2w4VxG2) to add barcodes to any products or variants that don't currently have a barcode assigned to them.

In terms of the issue you mentioned with the print window not populating, this may be a browser issue. I recommend testing this out in a Chrome browser to see if the same problem occurs.

I'm going to send you a follow up email to check in and make sure this information helps resolve your queries. Speak soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Knotty Pine Gear

When I click add app it keeps coming up with page not found. I have been trying to get this app for a few days now and still nothing. Is anyone going to fix this app!?

February 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble accessing this app! It should accessible without issue. Can I confirm whether you've been able to try clearing your cache or checking on the app from a different browser?

I’ve followed up with you via email to make sure we can get you set up with Retail Barcode Labels! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

SL Tack

Have tried loading this app a few times and it keeps coming up with page not found. has it been removed

January 30, 2020

Thank you for your review here! We haven't removed the app, no. Sometimes certain pages in the admin can have trouble loading. Often clearing your cache or updating your browser can solve this!

It is odd that it isn't loading up for you however, so I'd like to take a look into what might be happening. I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can continue our conversation. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

TAYLRD

This app just doesn't work. Tried for 3 days to Print Labels, but no connection at all from app. Do not reccomend

January 30, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

I'd be happy to work with you to see what we can do to get the app working for your business! I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can look into your account and offer some steps to help out. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Humble Bumble kids Boutique

I dislike having to go through products alphabetically. I would like to be able to print the most recent products created instead of having to search, print, go back a page, search, print, go back a page, search print...you get the idea.

November 29, 2019

Thank you for leaving this review and sharing your feedback. I understand how beneficial it would be to have the most recently added products displayed first when creating and printing new labels.

Our teams are always working hard to improve the functionality of our apps, so I'm going to share your suggestion with them regarding the sort order of the products when printing labels. I'll reach out to you via email to ensure your feedback is logged with our development team directly. Thanks! - Rae, Shopify Support

SPREE Boutique

I used to be able to add a product and create a barcode label right from the product added and print. Now I have to jump through hoops going back and forth creating it up to 3 times before I finally can print

November 7, 2019

Thanks for reaching out with this feedback. To print a barcode label directly from a product page, just click 'More actions' at the top of the page and select 'Print barcode labels'. This will open up the Retail Barcode Labels app in your Shopify admin so that the label template and the number of labels required can be printed. Labels can also be printed from the product list view by following these steps: http://bit.ly/2GC5bSM.

I'll reach out to you via email so that we can discuss this process in more detail. Speak soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

American Car Craft

This app went rogue and replaced all the barcodes on-site with 8 digit codes. What little support I received just said there were plenty of warnings that action was going to take place...not so. Now Google Shopping sees all barcodes as invalid. Not happy I gave 1 star because there is no -1 option.

October 30, 2019

Thank you for posting this review and sharing these details. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with the Retail Barcode Labels app, and how this impacted your setup with Google Shopping. I understand the difficulties this has created for you, so I'd like to follow up with you via email so we can discuss your specific experience in more detail. I'll be in touch soon! - Rae, Shopify Support