Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Style Boutique NI

This app is a disaster. I am struggling. I am having issues getting stuff to the shop floor as i cant get the products barcoded. Please return to the normal version. It takes an age for the barcode to get to the product. There is no way of getting back to product. A total mess. Shopify is a great platform but this app is a nightmare. Daniel

June 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback Daniel! We constantly working to improve our app functionality, so I want look into this for you. I’ve sent out to an email to you and hope to hear more of your thoughts soon. - JP, Shopify Support

Vintage Soul

4/6/19 - Update. All Shopify support told us to do was clear out the cache and cookies and reload the app. Did that and it's still broken. Hey Shopify! How about one of you try to print a barcode with a price and wording on a 1X1 Dymo label and see how it works for you. So disappointed that you break something and no effort to fix - all you would need to do is go to the last revision that was working.

When is Shopify going to fix this app? Literally not able to put product on the floor right now because of this. Shopify needs to get its POS act together or we will go back to Square as I'm sure many people already have. If you're gonna make a change you need to do much better testing before releasing it to the world.

June 5, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! This kind of information is vital to help improve apps for merchants like you. We constantly working to improve our app functionality, so I want look into this with you in more depth. I've sent you an email and I will be looking into your 1x1 label issue in more detail. Thanks.

Niall, Shopify Support

VALLEY TRIBECA

There must have been an update today, because this app and label maker was working properly until today. None of the important information is printing anymore! Also, if there was an update shopify should notify all users. This may be one of the more important features, and it needs to be communicated if a change happens

June 5, 2019

Firstly, thank you very much for sharing this feedback. Just to let you know I will also be emailing you about this to make sure this issue you experienced is fully resolved and the app is running smoothly for your business needs. Thank you very much.

Niall, Shopify Support

Fine & Dandy Market

The font does fit on the regular label size we have been using. If youre going to replace our printer apps then at least make them where they function correctly.

June 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback Fine & Dandy Market. There are known limitations of supported label sizes, but that depends on a number of factors such as the size of the label you are printing and the hardware you are using to print. I have a link here with more information on the labels that are supported - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer#supported-barcode-labels

However that said, I will also email you so we can go into this in more depth and I'll see if you can do anything for your specific case. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as yourself. I’ll also log your feedback for our development team as well. Many thanks!

Axis Boutique

We cannot adjust the size right for our labels.... The previous app was way cleaner and easier to set...
We are using the 30336 sized label and there is always part of the description and title that gets cropped... you guys need to make it adjustable so that if w have a longer title, it doesn't get cut after 12 characters...

June 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. This is due to a current limitation on how many characters can fit on the label based on the label size:

> Small (1" x 1"), maximum of 6-8 digits
> Medium (1" x 2 1/8"), maximum of 22 digits
> Large (1 1/8" x 2 1/8"), maximum of 40 digits
> Butterfly/Barbell (3/8" x 3/4"), maximum of 8 digits (not available in the United Kingdom)

There is more about that here in this link here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer#supported-barcode-labels

We’re always looking to improve apps with this kind of feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants so as yourself. I will be submitting your feedback as well to our developers too. I’ve also followed up with an email to you as well if you have any more questions. Thank you.

Collier West

It is convoluted and terrible. it took us an entire day to figure our how to make things print and now there are at least three more steps in the process. Big downgrade, very disappointing.

Hey there,
Thank you for this feedback, we are working on improving all of our apps constantly so we really appreciate you taking this time. I understand that the app can take a few additional clicks in comparison to the original app it had replaced. During the print screen, it can require additional clicks. To get around this, merchants must select Print using System Dialogue and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead. Please check out this screenshot http://bit.ly/2ETUEld. I have gone ahead and emailed you to provide any further support and gather any additional feedback you may have. -Bo, Shopify Support

BellJar

Unfortunately we're really not fans of this new barcode printer. The tags come out looking less clean than they used to and the whole system of creating barcodes and printing them adds so many additional steps to take than the last system. It's completely the worst app Ive ever used.

Hey there,
Thank you for this feedback, it is needed so that we can continue to improve. The quality of these blurry labels can be adjusted. Adjust the print quality by selecting Layout > Print Features > Increase DPI to 300 x 600. This will render better quality labels. I have also sent on this information to your email, I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Beaus & Belles Boutique

App lags all the time. There are so many flaws. The other system wasn't perfect but this is even worse. When I create barcodes for all items without barcodes, it would be nice if it would actually create barcodes for ALL without barcodes instead of having to keep creating them for each item I have entered. Also it would be nice to see all the recent items entered so I can print those barcodes at once instead of manually entering each item, selecting each barcode and then printing. I think the only thing I like about this app is being able to use different type of labels and printers instead of using only the dymo. PLEASE make this app better.

June 5, 2019

Hey there! Thank you so much for this feedback. These are currently a limitation of the app and we are working on this. I will be sure to pass this along to our developers. I've followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development/platform team so I can get a little more context from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Curious Nature

This app is absolute trash. I had been using the other app that was replaced by this excuse for over 3 years with no issues. Why did you do away with it? I am not alone in saying I want the old one back. This new app is so inefficient it's laughable. Multiple pages to print barcodes for one product at a time? What's the point?

I have nothing good to say about it honestly, and as a Shopify customer with multiple store accounts, I am sorely disappointed. Hopefully with enough pushback they will bring the old app back, because this one is just not going to work long term. Do not download this app if you can help it.

June 5, 2019

Hello Curious Nature, firstly, thank you very much for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps, and we are working to improve the way apps work with stores and what they offer to merchants such as yourself. I'd like to also help where I can with using this app, so I’ve followed up with an email to you. If you have anymore recommendations, I can submit them to our developers too. Thank you.

Magnolia Hill

The bar code app used to assign barcodes to products that didn't have them. Now, you have to have it create a barcode specifically by the product and it takes so much longer. I hate the new app - not user friendly - or time saving.

June 5, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback! I apologize you had a less than positive experience with the app. For a step by step help guide on how to create barcodes for all products that do not have any assigned here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#create-barcodes-for-all-of-your-products

When transitioning to a new app, I totally understand the frustration with learning how to use the new functions. The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email as well. I hope to hear from you soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support