Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Marigold Way

This is a very clunky and buggy app. The previous app was much better. None of my employees can figure out how to use this. Resulting in lots of label waste. The many steps are one of the problems and there's obviously some print driver (do they even exist anymore) issues. It's made barcoding very frustrating and inefficient.

May 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

We have teams dedicated to making sure feedback is heard and applied to future developments in the apps we offer. We’d like to chat more about your experience and which features are causing frustration.

I’ve reached out to you via email, and look forward to continuing our conversation! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

TlbatkShop | طلباتك شوب ® Official Site

worst app Provide some detail about what you did or did not enjoy about using this app. Your comments can help other merchants decide whether to use this app.

April 24, 2020

Thank you for the feedback; I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the app. I'd like to find out more about what specifically you had trouble with, so that we can troubleshoot any issues with you and pass that on to our developers as well. I'll reach out to you via email shortly and we can discuss there. Thank you. - Brie, Shopify Support

Citywide Fashions

We are new to shopify and trying to use the retail label app slows down our process but is the only no charge app available. On 50% of the product entry we have to keep re instructing the system to create barcodes and then print the label. Not one day of product entry has gone by without the system failing and us having to repeat steps over and over again on the same product.

April 24, 2020

Thank you for providing your feedback to us here and I'm sorry to hear that you've had consistent issues with the Retail Barcode Labels app. I'd like to learn more about this problem to see if I can help at all, so I will be sending an email to you shortly to touch base with you and find out more about what issues you've experienced. Please look out for my email and get back to me there if you're still requiring assistance. -Victor, Shopify Support

Disc World

Works quite well. Is buggy if your text isn't formatted correctly (if you have funny characters in your product title)

Would be nice to be able to customise the layout and add logo / thumbnail - also be great to be able to use with other DYMO sized labels, not just the preset ones.

April 7, 2020

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll be sure to pass those requests on to our developers so that they know you'd like to see those added to the app. - Brie, Shopify Support

Slam69

Really useful to create barcodes for uncoded products.
I just wish it was an easier process, i'd like to Create barcodes and Print on one page, rather than having to retype all the products back in.

Also if you could integrate Transfers with this app, so when a new Transfer arrives you can send all the products straight to the app, create barcodes if needed and print. To do this now, currently you have to copy and paste or input all the of your transferred products to create barcodes, and then do it all again print barcode labels.

Other than that it's really good, and free!

Wall To Wall Storage

Pretty worthless. It creates 8 digit bar-codes while in the USA Google requires 12 digit UPC codes. The App will populate your custom products bar-code locations with these 8 digit numbers and then Google will kick them all back and you will have to manually remove them. I submitted an inquiry on this and was told that these are actually GTIN numbers but Google reads them as UPC numbers. There needs to be a separate box to fill in for GTIN numbers on the product pages.

March 13, 2020

Thank you for the feedback! I can definitely understand the frustration with having to manually replace the barcodes with your GTIN numbers. An alternative option would be to export your products via a CSV file to change them in bulk and import them back into your store afterwards.

That said, I'll be sure to pass that feedback on to the relevant team so that hopefully a separate field for that is added in the future. I will follow up with you via email shortly as well, in case you have any further questions about this. Thank you! - Brie, Shopify Support

C U at X Tack

Love this app, labels print quickly and clearly. Only reason i can't give it a 5 is I click create bar codes, wait for confirmation this was done, go to the labels I want to print and it says barcodes are missing. I have to do the process again, may be my connection speed (SLOW) but figured I'd pass it along. It would also be nice to not have to go through so many screens to print labels, if bar codes must be created once that is done it should automatically go to the product...
Thanks!

Uranta Mindful Clothing

This app is super simple to use and very efficient. Totally recommend it! My only concern is that if you have printed barcodes in your items and you push the button of create new bar codes it will erase all the other barcodes you previously had. and there is no way to have them back unless you enter them manually.

O N A T A H

Why did you take away the auto print feature for labels? Now we have to go through 2 extra steps, it's not as easy and streamlined?! Would love to see the auto print feature return.

March 3, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and providing your feedback to us here. We aim to make the app as streamlined as possible and I hope the ability to create and print labels in bulk still makes the process straightforward for you, but I can appreciate why this feature would make the process even faster. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team. Thanks again! -Victor, Shopify Support

417 Boutique by Cate

The app works great! No complaints except the annoying add that pops up that wants you to leave a review. Hoping this will make it stop popping up.