Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Love, Hope & Cure Designs

Worst app ever! I had to chat with shopify for 3 hours to try to get it to work and it still does not work. I think it is horrific that they are getting rid of the the old barcode printer app while this one does not work for many They should at least keep the other one active for those that this is not working for. This is a BIG problem for those of us that cannot print barcodes using this new app. Please tell me this will be fixed before the cut off date. This is horrific.

June 17, 2019

Hey there,
Thank you so much for reaching out regarding our app. I am sorry to hear that you are so dissatisfied with it but we do appreciate your candid feedback. I have gone ahead and reached out via email also to see if there is any other support I can give or gather any further feedback from you.
-Bo, Shopify Support

The Commons Studio and Exchange

The updated version of this requires so many steps. Unable to print easily one barcode if required. Already looking for something simpler. Required change of hardware as well

June 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We’re always looking to improve apps with this kind of information, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as yourself. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and if there are any other recommendations you would like to make, you can reply to that email. I would like to help you voice your concerns and forward them to our developers. Thanks!
-Bo, Shopify Support

M22

This app is a huge pain... the older app was better. For no reason at all, and completely out of my control, this app defaults to using the wrong side of my Dymo printer! It is wasting all kinds of materials, and my time. Shopify needs to get on top of this issue immediately.
****UPDATE***
After getting previous issues sorted. As of Thursday April 4th 2019 this app is completely non functional, again. We can not adjust format/sizing again... for seemingly no reason. It would appear that once again Shopify has rolled out an update without communicating to their customers.
Please get this sorted ASAP! We are losing money!!!

June 14, 2019

Hi M22, thank you for providing us with feedback on Retail Barcode Labels! There are some challenges during the initial setup of the app but we can help with that at Shopify Support. I've sent along an email in case you needed any further assistance on this. - JP, Shopify Support

Fox + Kit Children's Boutique

So many steps involved just to print a label. What a waste of time. Waste of materials too when I inevitably try to print quickly and forget to select the paper size (which needs to be done every time).

Update: This is the most infuriating part of my brick and mortar. Even when selecting the correct size "paper," the label is positioned incorrectly on the sticker and gets cut off, necessitating a decrease in scale percentage. This in turn makes the label small and difficult to read, but otherwise, pertinent information gets cut off, even though it is nowhere near the side edges of the label.

I also dislike that when selecting product labels to print, most recently created products are not listed first. Now I need to either remember which products were most recently created (difficult when creating many in one sitting), waste time and write them all down so I don't forget, or open multiple tabs to reference.

Honestly, please bring back the former barcode printing app, it was far more user friendly and efficient. This one is AWFUL. Side note, when printing regular documents after printing labels, you need to select your printer and paper size...again.

June 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We work hard to improve our app functionality, so we’d like to look into this further for you. I’ve sent out to an email to you and hope to hear more of your thoughts soon. - JP, Shopify Support

Higgins & Lyla

Massive issue with this app and google shopping feed - have spent hours rectifying the issues this has caused and has un-synced all my products with the google shopping feed! PLEASE FIX!!!!

Pretty B. Clothing

Seriously? WTF is going on? I thought the last app was bad...this one is worse. Way more steps to print a simple label. When it does print, Its too small to read, and I have to go back to each individual product to print. At least with the old one, it would show all of the new products together. What are you suppose to do after Feb 20th?

Essex Steam Train & Riverboat

NOT user friendly. bar code lines print too close together, barcode scanner won't read labels. And way too many steps to print labels.

Wohnreich

Don't use this app if you are using shopify's google shopping app to, since it will overwrite all your EAN/GTIN fields with it's barcode resulting in failed syncronisation for your shopping feed. I lost over 250 correct maintained data until I noticed that it kills my Shipping Feed .... zero stars

Gloriasandals

I used this app wish to print the barcode on an A4 Avery label ,
it does not print correctly and does not align with paper . I sellected the correct paper and check it 100 times,
I normally use amazon to do the same job and it works perfect

Cameo Boutique

Horrible! Very limited options for small labels. Doesn't work and you can't get through to tech support so that should tell you something right there! Please fix!