Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

BLACKBARN Shop

This is not working for me and the old app is days away from being discontinued. We use 1" x 1" Dymo labels and I cannot get them to print correctly. You can't even read the price when they print out... not good

June 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the Retail Barcode Labels app! If information is printing outside of the designated space, it could be something in the printer settings that is affecting it. You can try using Chrome and following the recommended print settings here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#recommended-print-settings-for-barcode-labels

Our development team is always looking at ways to improve the functionality of our apps, so I’ve followed up with you via email so we can take a closer look at the issue you are having as well as document any additional feedback you may have. Looking forward to connecting soon!

NashvilleSpiceCompany

The old app was ok but very slow. This app takes way too many steps to print barcode labels. We print a lot of labels for thousands of products and you now have to click 3 more times to just print a label. When you are doing many, this is not better - it's worse for productivity.

Additionally, the labels don't allow any adjustment so the product name and barcode get cut off on the left side of the label. There's no option to adjust that. When Shopify requires you to go to another app, it should at least meet what was good about the prior app and I would hope be more efficient and easier than less efficient. I'm not saying it's hard because you can figure it out easily but there are too many clicks that are unnecessary in an app.

The development team should sit and produce a few hundred labels of various products and then they'll see the opportunity to streamline the steps.

Our use: Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo with Dymo small labels 1"-2-1/8"
Everything worked fine on the prior app except the speed. Now it cuts off the name and sku on the left side and takes too many steps to simply print.

June 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the Retail Barcode Labels app! We're always working to make sure our apps function properly for our merchants, so I’ve followed up with you via email so we can take a closer look at the issue you are having as well as document any additional feedback you may have. Looking forward to connecting soon!

Park & Province

I hope the devs or anyone who made this app actually read these reviews. The first app was bad but eventually functional from a workflow perspective. This new app has completely halted operations during one of our busiest times for printing barcodes. It's absolute garbage, the hoops you need to jump through from setup to print and simply not have it properly function (pages margins, etc) just go to show how overlooked the creation of this was. This is a very classic Shopify move, mindless development, never listening to your customers (it took 4+ years for customers to complain about the lack of a cost-of-goods section before any efforts of change), and releasing a product that actually destroys any productivity. I'm always amazed at how we're still paying for this platform, however it's difficult to move a whole shop's system. Must be why my two new shops are now on Squarespace...You gotta start helping your customers, Shopify.

June 17, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels app! I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email to offer additional support as I would love to get more context from you so that we can get the app working to it's potential. I apologize that your experience has been less than ideal and I look forward to connecting with you!

shop218

Just go back to the old app, this one is terrible. Extremely difficult to use. Please re-instate the old app.

June 17, 2019

Hello Shop218, firstly, thank you very for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as you. I’ve will be following up to you with an email. I will also log any feedback and recommendations to our development team that you have. Thank you very much.

Niall, Shopify Support

Linen and Cake

This app is very limited. It doesn't have an option to print on 3/4x2" DYMO labels that we have been using forever. I also want to print our logo on the label but there is no option for that. I may have to spend an extra $10/mo to get what I need, but I feel that as a product-based platform, Shopify needs to offer a solution to this problem.

Hey there,
Thank you so much for this feedback, is as always, is valued. I have gone ahead and reached out to you directly via email to offer any additional support you may need.

Love, Hope & Cure Designs

Worst app ever! I had to chat with shopify for 3 hours to try to get it to work and it still does not work. I think it is horrific that they are getting rid of the the old barcode printer app while this one does not work for many They should at least keep the other one active for those that this is not working for. This is a BIG problem for those of us that cannot print barcodes using this new app. Please tell me this will be fixed before the cut off date. This is horrific.

Hey there,
Thank you so much for reaching out regarding our app. I am sorry to hear that you are so dissatisfied with it but we do appreciate your candid feedback. I have gone ahead and reached out via email also to see if there is any other support I can give or gather any further feedback from you.

SUCK

The app is not bad but there's a big bug, this app defaults to using the wrong side of my Dymo printer, I try to change but print always upright on horizontal labels! Please help me because I need to print a lot of labels asap
Thanks

Hey there,
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I have gone ahead and emailed you directly so that I can help you with it. We appreciate you taking this time to reach out and provide us with this feedback as we are constantly working on making our apps better and every contribution helps.
-Bo
Shopify Support

The Commons Studio and Exchange

The updated version of this requires so many steps. Unable to print easily one barcode if required. Already looking for something simpler. Required change of hardware as well

June 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We’re always looking to improve apps with this kind of information, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as yourself. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and if there are any other recommendations you would like to make, you can reply to that email. I would like to help you voice your concerns and forward them to our developers. Thanks!

Bluendig

pesima aplicasion cada que escaneo un producto selecciona dos :C en lugar de ayudar con el imventario hase un desastre total no la instaleeeeeeennnnnn

M22

This app is a huge pain... the older app was better. For no reason at all, and completely out of my control, this app defaults to using the wrong side of my Dymo printer! It is wasting all kinds of materials, and my time. Shopify needs to get on top of this issue immediately.
****UPDATE***
After getting previous issues sorted. As of Thursday April 4th 2019 this app is completely non functional, again. We can not adjust format/sizing again... for seemingly no reason. It would appear that once again Shopify has rolled out an update without communicating to their customers.
Please get this sorted ASAP! We are losing money!!!

June 14, 2019

Hi M22, thank you for providing us with feedback on Retail Barcode Labels! There are some challenges during the initial setup of the app but we can help with that at Shopify Support. I've sent along an email in case you needed any further assistance on this. - JP, Shopify Support