Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Merchant + Olive

App won’t even open. Tried deleting and re-downloading. Nothing. When app tries to launch, I get an error message alluding to the fact that the app doesn’t even exist. What a waste of time.

September 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue. This should not be happening and I'd like to find out more to see if I can help with this problem. I will be sending you an email shortly so please look out for that and get back to me if you're still interested in using this app. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Feather Baby

Horrible! Needs an option on WHICH price to include on the barcode. If you move an item to your sale rack, it would be helpful to select if you want the barcode to include the price or the compared at price.

August 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us!

The compare at price is designed to be a display only option for customers to see any discounts on products. Barcodes will print displaying the amount that they will charge for. That's why it isn't an option for printing at this time.

That being said we’re always working to improve the options in our apps. I’ve followed up with you via email so that I can share your feedback with our development team. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Purrl Kitten

The app only allows for set sized labels. I wish it supported more Dymo label sizes or allowed you to set custom sizes

August 2, 2019

Thank you for reaching out with this feedback. I understand how it would be helpful to have more Dymo label size options, or a custom size option on Retail Barcode Labels, so I'd really like to share this feedback with our developers. We’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so we really appreciate you sharing this suggestion with us. I'm also going to follow up with you via email to log your feedback. Feel free to reply to my email for further assistance! - Rae, Shopify Support

MIA Boutique LLC

The old app (replaced by this piece of junk) was much better. Printing customized labels was so easy. Now, with the "new" app, my workflow to print labels takes at least 4-6 times longer. I can longer print my customized labels within this app. I have to export the products, manipulate the export and then print the labels from with Dymo app. I should not have to give up my specific label format to meet what this app can do. This app was a huge step backwards.

In the 4 months since my review was responded to, I see no changes in how this app works to improve usability. Disappointing as this app was useful before Shopify thought the updated app improved the process.

July 23, 2019

Thank you for reaching out with this feedback. I understand your frustration with the process for printing customized labels, and how much more time consuming this task is now. With this in mind, I would really like to pass your thoughts over to our developers so that they're aware of how this is impacting your business. We are always looking to improve our platform, so we really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. - Rae, Shopify Support

emporium nerja

In theory this app is great however the barcodes it produces are not accepted by google shopping. I am in the process of having to re-barcode everything!.

July 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Google Shopping will require a GTIN as the barcode for products, unless you choose to set up your products as "custom products". This may be why you were seeing an issue there.

We’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our platform team. I'd also like to chat and see how I can help to streamline this process for you! I look forward to hearing back. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Shoeq

So far this has proved to be totally useless for me. I've wasted so much time with this. First I installed it and it just doesn't work properly, I cannot get any fields to print other than name and barcode, none of the other options I selected will print. I reached out twice on email for assistance but got no response. So I unistalled it hoping I could reinstall it and now it just wont install, keeps just giving me an error page. hours and hours of time wasted.

July 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Our team are not able to respond to emails immediately, but we will always follow up! I’ve sent you email myself so that I can look into the trouble you've been having with the app and installation. I look forward to hearing from you! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Solar Flare Glasswork & Design

If I could rate this a zero I would. This app has cost me so much time and money. It is extremely ineffective. I have tried it on Google Chrome, Safari. I have wasted at least a roll of labels trying to get it to print. Twice I have reached out for assistance to no avail.

June 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! I'm very sorry to hear you've a roadblock with the app, and I'd like to look into this issue further with you. I’ve reached out to you via email so we can troubleshoot this, and I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

The Barbell Cartel

APP was great before the recent update,

new version is a nightmare, i can't fit all the info on my labels and it is much more confusing to use

June 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with the Retail Barcode Labels app! To fit all the variant information on your label, it's important to create the template correctly. We have a guide that outlines how to create the label template properly here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#create-a-barcode-label-template

We’re always looking to improve the functionality of our apps and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and to see if there is anything I can help specifically with your store and the app. Looking forward to connecting soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

Lavender & Lace Boutique

The app changed about 3 months ago. It is not consistent and often does not scan with the hardware.

June 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance! I’ve sent an email to you, hope to connect soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

Radix Boutique

Too many extra steps with this new app, I hoped it would get easier with time but it still frustrates me daily! Now I can only use it on one of my computers and not the other, reading reviews I'm guessing it's because I'm using Safari on the one that it won't work on???? Wish they'd work the bugs out.

May 21, 2019

Hey there,

Thank you for this feedback. Thank you for the feedback regarding this. I understand that the additional clicks can be quiet frustrating. When you go to print the labels, you may experience missing label types from their print selection settings, you can checkout this screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-05-7krc4-gjgy2.png. To get around this, you can select Print using System Dialogue (see screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-07-t1ub2-jxx6e.png) and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead.

I have also sent on this via email, please do get back to me if you require any additional feedback.

All the Best,