Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Radix Boutique

Too many extra steps with this new app, I hoped it would get easier with time but it still frustrates me daily! Now I can only use it on one of my computers and not the other, reading reviews I'm guessing it's because I'm using Safari on the one that it won't work on???? Wish they'd work the bugs out.

May 21, 2019

Hey there,

Thank you for this feedback. Thank you for the feedback regarding this. I understand that the additional clicks can be quiet frustrating. When you go to print the labels, you may experience missing label types from their print selection settings, you can checkout this screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-05-7krc4-gjgy2.png. To get around this, you can select Print using System Dialogue (see screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-07-t1ub2-jxx6e.png) and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead.

I have also sent on this via email, please do get back to me if you require any additional feedback.

All the Best,
Bo

Ooh La Lucy

This app is a major downgrade from the previous barcode app and needs major improvements that should have been evaluated before the new app was released. HUGE disappointment!

May 24, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I’ve followed up with you via email in case you needed any further assistance. -Lauren, Shopify Support

String Theory Colorworks

App reuses barcodes for multiple products, which doesn't help me with the automation with over 350 products each with up to 14 variants.

Also, it would be helpful if I could select what label I would like to begin printing on for the label sheets, as it is extremely rare that I have a full sheet of labels I need to print at any one time, and I abhor waste.

May 27, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. In regards to the app reusing barcodes, this should not be working as intended if it's doing this. There are ways to create barcodes from the app or even on a product level that are unique barcodes but I'll work with you in depth in my email to you. For re-using label sheets, there is a work around method that I can go over with you and will be letting our developers know of the paint point you were having so it can be addressed in the near future. I’ve followed up with you via email in case you needed any further assistance on this.

Boutique Grand-Pré

Please note that this new app is not appreciated as the dimmensions I previously used are not even an option. Furthermore, when there are changes to Shopify, being whatever it is small or large changes, the Retailer should be notified and have an option of accepting or not. I now cannot print the labels I printed last year and have ordered several.

May 27, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. This app does have the ability to work with most common label templates from Dymo and Avery, and also allows you to add custom sizes.

That being said, we're always looking for ways to make workflows easier for our store owners, so I'd like to chat about the trouble you've had with this app in more detail.

I’ve reached out to you via email, and hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Plus Sized Pin Up

I have no idea why you got rid of the barcode APP that I was happily using which worked really well , this one is time consuming, fussy and difficult to work with , looking for other options outside of Shopify ,

May 28, 2019

Hey there, thanks for providing your feedback! I'd like to look into this issue further with you, so we can work to improve the the Retail Barcode Labels app's workflow and efficiency. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

Bijou Lovely

This new app is the worst. Doesn't support all Dymo label sizes but won't let you export barcodes to print different sizes in the Dymo software. Won't print labels correctly in Safari either. Label designs look terrible compared to the old app. Please bring back the old app or let us choose which app we want to use rather than forcing stores to change to an app that doesn't work for their use case. I am very disappointed in this new app and frustrated that my employees and I are forced to use it. Shopify needs to start testing their "improvements" with actual brick and mortar stores prior to launching them. As someone who actually likes change when it useful and improves things, this is not that. You have taken away functionality with this app, not improved it.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us about the Retail Barcode Labels app-- I'm sorry to hear the app hasn't met your expectations! We introduced this new version of the app to be easier to use and more reliable, but we're always looking into ways to improve its functionality.

When it comes to the inability to print via Safari, this is a known problem that can be resolved by using the Chrome browser instead. You will also be able to export your barcodes to the Dymo software via a product CSV. Once you export this file from your products page in the admin, you can import it into your Dymo desktop software to create any templates that aren't currently available in the app.

That said, I've reached out to you via email so that we can log your feedback with our developers, and to investigate these issues further. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Lauren, Shopify Support

bikinissi

Not working properly in Safari, Chrome is fine.

May 31, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us so that we can improve! Currently, it is a known issue that the app can sometimes not work with Safari. I'm glad you were able to use Chrome as it works great on this browser. I've reached out to you via email to follow up on your experience and hopefully get additional feedback with the app to send to our development team. Hopefully we can get it fully working on Safari soon! I hope to hear back from you!

Jolie Femme Fashion Store

99% of the barcodes printed with the app can't be recognized by the barcode scanner. No wonder it's a 1 star app....

May 31, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us so that we can improve! For the quality of the label not being able to be scanned, you are able to increase the quality in your printer settings. We recommend increase the quality to 300 x 600 DPI and there is a help guide on how to achieve that here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#recommended-print-settings-for-barcode-labels

I've reached out to you via email to follow up on your experience and hopefully get additional feedback with the app. Hope to connect soon!

Preduce

Worst app ever. Why replace the old app that was working just fine? The app doesn't recognize Thai Baht so we can't add the price on our labels anymore...

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'd like to help out as much as I can here and I'll email you as well if you need any more help. Unfortunately, at this time, we don't support some characters or currency symbols for barcodes. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer to merchants like you. I’ve also followed up as well with your feedback to our app development team.

Niall, Shopify Support

The Edit Boutique

THIS APP IS A PAIN IT DOES NOT WORK IN SAFARI, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS TO YOU ENTER. BECAUSE IT DOES NOT PULL ALL NEW PRODUCTS LIKE OLD STYLE DID. STOP TRYING TO IMPROVE THINGS ARE WORKING JUST FINE.

June 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If the app doesn't work on Safari, you can try opening it in Chrome which should work. Thank you for letting us know, I will be sending your feedback to our development team and hopefully we can get it working smoothly on Safari soon!

We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance! I'd like to learn more about the issue with printing new barcode labels so we can improve the usability of the app in the near future. I’ve sent an email to you, hope to connect soon!