Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

BK8 Outfitters

This app keeps stuffing up on me, half the time it won't even print and ends up just sitting there in the printer app?? Also feels like so many more steps to actually print barcodes compared to the old app. Not user friendly

May 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

Fly Guy Disc Golf

I do not like the new app. The older one was much simpler and faster. This app makes me reset my label and printer every single use. Very unhappy with this forced upgrade.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! I understand the printer settings resetting can be quite frustrating for your workflow. When you print your labels, there is an option to go into the system dialogue. Once in there, you can select the preset to use your "last used settings". This will use the last preset you used for your labels.

I have also sent detailed instructions for your store via email, please do get back to me if you require any additional feedback. Hope this helps!

B's Uptown Boutique

I like the barcode app as a whole but I hate how the Retail Barcode system doesn't print sizes anymore. It makes it 10x harder to tag inventory now instead of it being a simple easy process.

June 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The sizes are variants and this can be added to your created label template. You can see a help guide on how to add it here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#create-a-barcode-label-template

We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance anytime. I’ve sent an email to you and so we can get this app working properly for you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Southern Roots Boutique

I used this app to help me make checking people out faster and help keep better track of inventory. I love that it generates barcodes for you but HATE that it takes 10 tries just to create a barcode label. I have to try to create a label multiple times before it will let me print the label. Trying to save time but this app takes FOREVER. Very slow!

June 4, 2019

Thank you for this feedback. I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email to offer additional support as I would love to get more context from you so that we can work together to get this app working for you. I apologize that your experience has been less than ideal and I look forward to working with you.

Lorelai Lace Boutique

i use this app to print barcodes. the regular barcodes are off center but i can live with that. the 1x1 square labels that i use for my accessories i cannot even use anymore because they are so off center it cuts off the price. I have changes the settings several times and nothing i do makes it better. I suggest next time you make all of your customers use an app that is sub par you test it first. My contract is up with shopify in may and i am now currently looking into other pos systems because this issue has been a headache and i am losing money not being able to put the majority of my accessories on the floor.

June 4, 2019

Thank you for providing us with feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels app! Label alignment issues could have a few possible causes, so I have sent along an email to assist on this. - JP, Shopify Support

The Skateboard Shop

I can see what the new Barcode app tried to achieve with being able to mass print barcodes but the whole process is tedious and takes much longer than previously with the old app.

June 5, 2019

Hi there, thank you very much for sharing this feedback. I've followed up with an email to you as well because I'd like to delve a bit further into this issue for you,.I'd like to find out more about how you are printing in bulk and if I can recommend a better way to do it instead, and I'll reply on the email. We’re always looking to improve apps with good feedback like this, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores like yours and what they can offer merchants such as yourself.

Claudia May

Im really not happy with this app. I want to add my "Product Name" and althought the box is ticked, it doesnt show the Product Name on the printed lable. The same goes for custom text, etc.
Get it sorted please!

June 5, 2019

Hello Claudia, thanks very much for sharing this feedback here. I think for your case there might be a specific error and I'd like to get to the bottom of it so I’ve followed up with you by email. We’re always looking to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants like you. So thanks again for this feedback.

Niall, Shopify Support.

Ana Patricia Boutique

It takes a few times to create the same labels and you have to keep going back in which frustrates me. It started off great but now is taking too long for each individual product to be bar coded.

June 5, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We work hard to improve our app functionality, so we’d like to look into this further for you. I’ve sent out to an email to you and hope to hear more of your thoughts soon. - JP, Shopify Support

HOMEBASE610

I've had two issues with using this app since loading it to Shopify. One, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter and select just the items that haven't already had barcodes created. And two, if you use a standard printer with sticker tags on sheets- there is no way to select where on the sheet you want to start printing from. These two issues make it much harder to efficiently use the app.

April 23, 2019

Thank you for this feedback! You can filter your products by items that do not currently have barcodes created. The steps to do so are listed here: http://bit.ly/2GDcv19.

As for your second point, this is a limitation of the app and I have provided this feedback on to our developers. We are constantly striving to better our tools and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

I’ve reached out to you via email to provide any further support and receive any further feedback you may have, I hope to hear from you soon. -Bo, Shopify Support

SUCK

The app is not bad but there's a big bug, this app defaults to using the wrong side of my Dymo printer, I try to change but print always upright on horizontal labels! Please help me because I need to print a lot of labels asap
Thanks

June 17, 2019

Hey there,
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I have gone ahead and emailed you directly so that I can help you with it. We appreciate you taking this time to reach out and provide us with this feedback as we are constantly working on making our apps better and every contribution helps.
-Bo