Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Preduce

Worst app ever. Why replace the old app that was working just fine? The app doesn't recognize Thai Baht so we can't add the price on our labels anymore...

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'd like to help out as much as I can here and I'll email you as well if you need any more help. Unfortunately, at this time, we don't support some characters or currency symbols for barcodes. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer to merchants like you. I’ve also followed up as well with your feedback to our app development team.

Niall, Shopify Support

The Edit Boutique

THIS APP IS A PAIN IT DOES NOT WORK IN SAFARI, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS TO YOU ENTER. BECAUSE IT DOES NOT PULL ALL NEW PRODUCTS LIKE OLD STYLE DID. STOP TRYING TO IMPROVE THINGS ARE WORKING JUST FINE.

June 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If the app doesn't work on Safari, you can try opening it in Chrome which should work. Thank you for letting us know, I will be sending your feedback to our development team and hopefully we can get it working smoothly on Safari soon!

We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance! I'd like to learn more about the issue with printing new barcode labels so we can improve the usability of the app in the near future. I’ve sent an email to you, hope to connect soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

The Blushing Brunette

I use this app everyday to create barcode labels and it takes forever for the barcode labels to create. I have to create them about 3-5 times. Also, it's difficult to print multiple items at once, it's very time consuming.

June 4, 2019

Hello there, firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback. It is feedback like this that guides us in the right direction to make apps better for merchants like you. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team. In that reply I've included some screenshot to help.

You should be able to add labels in bulk in the Shopify admin, by going to:

> Apps
> click "Retail Barcode Labels"
> Then "print labels"
> Then select the option that best suits you, all or select a few products
> Then press the purple button "create Barcode labels"

You can also print labels in bulk, by going to:

> Products
> Clicking the white square beside the product name
> Then press "actions" at the top of the page.
> Then print selected labels.

This guide will also help for the hardware side of using the app:

> https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer#print-barcodes

Hopefully this helps! But I will also send you on an email to go further in detail with this for you! Thanks.

Niall, Shopify Support.

Avenues Sweet Choices

The old version had its limits, was finicky, and took many tries to master but the new version is absolutely useless. There are way too many steps involved and the worst is the issue that it now treats the Dymo Labelwriter like a network printer - the proper Dymo label types I use do not show up on my label options list so I can't print anything at all.

June 3, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback on Retail Barcode Labels app! All Dymo label formats are supported but some do require a different workflow than others, such as exporting the label information to be used in the Dymo desktop software. I have sent along an email in case you needed any further assistance on this. - JP, Shopify Support

BEIGE LR

It is not user friendly AT ALL. The old free app was 1000% better. The fact that you have to click 75 times to finally print your tags is not an effective use of time. Please update!

Hey there,

Thank you for this feedback. We are striving to better all of our apps so this feedback is very much so appreciated. I did some digging into this for you and found that there is a workaround to avoid all of these additional clicks. These additional clicks are often due to missing label types, this can be avoided by selecting Print using System Dialogue as per this screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-07-t1ub2-jxx6e.png and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead.

I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email to offer additional support if needed and to gather any further feedback you may have. -Bo, Shopify Support

The Lollipop Tree Boutique

Our old app worked fabulous but we can't get this app to work with anything and nothing the tech team has offered has worked at all. We just went and tried to use different labels that are on the list and they still don't print correctly. We haven't been able to print a single label for over a month and the whole process has been a disaster. We are close to switching everything to a different system to help correct the issue.

Hey there,
Thank you for this feedback. I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email to offer additional support as I would love to get more context from you so that we can work together to get this app working for you. I am sorry that your experience has been less than ideal and I look forward to working with you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Your Bling Boss

The app duplicates barcodes for different products. It is not compatible with Avery labels as advertised. A Dymo 450 is required and still doesn't print right. It could be more user friendly; such as, a more refined search for multiple items to be printed. I deleted the app, but will try again to see if that helps. It would be an awesome app if they could work out the kinks.

Hey there,
I am sorry to hear that this has been your currency, I appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. Dymo LabelWriter 450 or the Dymo LabelWriter Wireless Printer are the only compatible printers for this app, while Avery labels can be used as per our docs these are the only compatible printers for the app.

I have gone ahead and emailed you regarding the other issues you have mentioned so that we can troubleshoot together and get this app working for you! I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo

Vintage Redefined

We use this app to create barcodes to scan on merchandise. It is very finicky and hard to use. There are extra steps that make the process very tedious just to print a barcode. Lately the barcodes have not been printing correctly at all. It is wasting a lot of labels.

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. It is very useful for future developments and to help make this as user friendly as possible for merchants such as yourself. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and see what exactly is effecting your app and hardware.

Please feel free to reply to my email to see what we can do to help for you personally, but just to inform you there are only some printers that are supported and I have listed them here, just incase you are using hardware that we would not support: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer but regardless, I'll see what can be done. Thanks!

Niall, Shopify Support

Shop Southern Roots TX

Started out bad, got a little better, now it's worse than it started out. I was hoping it would be great, but now its not even working on Safari.

June 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Although the app should work on any up-to-date browser that we support, Shopify recommends using Chrome with the Retail Barcode Labels app for a more consistent experience. That said, we're always looking for ways to improve our apps, and I’ve reached out to you via email so we can log this feedback with our developers. I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Blush Ivey Boutique

They limit your review to 100 character so that you cant tell everyone how bad this app really is

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the Retail Barcode Labels app, and we'd love to assist to get this working. We encourage merchants to leave reviews with as much context as possible, and we require reviews to be at least 100 characters so that we can get a better understanding of the issue :) I’ve reached out to you via email so we can investigate this issue further. I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support