Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

BellJar

Unfortunately we're really not fans of this new barcode printer. The tags come out looking less clean than they used to and the whole system of creating barcodes and printing them adds so many additional steps to take than the last system. It's completely the worst app Ive ever used.

Hey there,
Thank you for this feedback, it is needed so that we can continue to improve. The quality of these blurry labels can be adjusted. Adjust the print quality by selecting Layout > Print Features > Increase DPI to 300 x 600. This will render better quality labels. I have also sent on this information to your email, I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Beaus & Belles Boutique

App lags all the time. There are so many flaws. The other system wasn't perfect but this is even worse. When I create barcodes for all items without barcodes, it would be nice if it would actually create barcodes for ALL without barcodes instead of having to keep creating them for each item I have entered. Also it would be nice to see all the recent items entered so I can print those barcodes at once instead of manually entering each item, selecting each barcode and then printing. I think the only thing I like about this app is being able to use different type of labels and printers instead of using only the dymo. PLEASE make this app better.

June 5, 2019

Hey there! Thank you so much for this feedback. These are currently a limitation of the app and we are working on this. I will be sure to pass this along to our developers. I've followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development/platform team so I can get a little more context from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Curious Nature

This app is absolute trash. I had been using the other app that was replaced by this excuse for over 3 years with no issues. Why did you do away with it? I am not alone in saying I want the old one back. This new app is so inefficient it's laughable. Multiple pages to print barcodes for one product at a time? What's the point?

I have nothing good to say about it honestly, and as a Shopify customer with multiple store accounts, I am sorely disappointed. Hopefully with enough pushback they will bring the old app back, because this one is just not going to work long term. Do not download this app if you can help it.

June 5, 2019

Hello Curious Nature, firstly, thank you very much for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps, and we are working to improve the way apps work with stores and what they offer to merchants such as yourself. I'd like to also help where I can with using this app, so I’ve followed up with an email to you. If you have anymore recommendations, I can submit them to our developers too. Thank you.

Niall, Shopify Support.

Magnolia Hill

The bar code app used to assign barcodes to products that didn't have them. Now, you have to have it create a barcode specifically by the product and it takes so much longer. I hate the new app - not user friendly - or time saving.

June 5, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback! I apologize you had a less than positive experience with the app. For a step by step help guide on how to create barcodes for all products that do not have any assigned here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#create-barcodes-for-all-of-your-products

When transitioning to a new app, I totally understand the frustration with learning how to use the new functions. The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email as well. I hope to hear from you soon!

Blush on Central

The first time I used it, it was fine - now it cuts the top row (product name) off the label. Only prints price and barcode! Please fix this!

June 5, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback! I apologize the frustration caused when using the app. When transitioning to a new app, there often can be a bit of a learning curve but Shopify Support will be available to help you in the future!

The issue with the product name cutting off, it has been reported that the Safari browser can sometimes do this. You can try using the Chrome browser in the future and see if this fixes the issue.

For variants to show up on the label, it needs to be included in your label template. We have a help guide that explains the template creation but more specifically step #5 in the help guide here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#create-a-barcode-label-template

Ice 'N' Fire

Is this April Fools joke!! I need to apply barcodes and this new app is screwed up!! what was wrong with the old app!

June 5, 2019

Hi Ice 'N' Fire, thank you for providing us with feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels! I have sent along an email to offer you assistance using the app. - JP, Shopify Support

Autoskinz

Won't print on the correct label even though the correct label size is selected. It prints across two of them and no way to resize it. Not sure why the other app got removed from list of apps but this replacement is horrible. Something I could easily do I can't now.

June 5, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels app! We in support can help with printing alignment issues related to the app soI have sent along an email in case you needed any further assistance on this. - JP, Shopify Support

Vandalia Glassworks

Not sure why they changed the previous barcode printer but this new one is awful. It is such a pain and a huge step backwards for anyone running a brick and mortar store.

June 5, 2019

Thank you for providing us with feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels! Having to change to a new app can be frustrating as you need to learn new workflows but Shopify Support is around to assist if you ever run into issues. I have sent along an email to offer you assistance using the app. Hope to hear from you soon!

Anonymous L.A.

50% of the times no matter how long you give it barcodes are not created and you have back and do it again. How easy would it be to have it signal you when completed. Please fix this bug.

June 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! I'm sorry to hear you're having a negative experience with this app. We’re always working to improve the way our apps work, and I’ve followed up with you via email so we can investigate this further and to log your feedback for our development team. I hope to hear back from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

The Record Shoppe

This app has just made my otherwise very good experience with Shopify...a very bad one! Way more time consuming and frustrating for labelling.....any plans to bring the other app back?? please

June 5, 2019

Thank you for providing us with feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels! Having to change to a new app can be frustrating as you need to learn new workflows but Shopify Support is around to assist if you ever run into issues. I have sent along an email to offer you assistance using the app and to give you the opportunity to provide feedback so we can improve the app. Hope to hear from you soon!