Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Yeet Street Discs

TLDR: This cost me a good bit of manual effort to recover from an overly ambitious action taken by the app. Be warned, if you want to mix barcodes with some of your products having externally assigned barcodes and some having generated barcodes, be sure to take backups regularly. This has an option to overwrite ALL barcodes that have not been automatically generated. Meaning this will wipe out ALL externally assigned barcodes from all products without a warning or confirmation. This was done by an employee, as there is no way to prevent it through permissions. I want the employee to be able to create new barcodes, but not overwrite the entire database of barcodes. Seems like this would be a valuable option to add. FYI, recovery was not simple, We had 10 days worth of heavy turnover since our last backup. Luckily, I was able to code up a solution to recover the older barcodes for the pre-existing barcodes, but the newer entries where a total loss. We had to manually rescan 400+ products to recover. One would think that shopify would have thought this one out a little more, and that they would offer a free backup scheduling app for when things go badly. Not really impressed.

Swoon

The jewelry tags are very frustrating. They don't give show the sku or the barcode. This makes tagging labor intensive. Also the Dymo labels used constantly get clogged in the dymo printer.

May 19, 2021

Hi, there! Thanks for reaching out and for providing your feedback. Customization options are limited for smaller sized labels at this time but I'll pass your feedback along to our team internally! -Oliver

DECANTsf

Honestly, we need more options for Dymo templates. Shopify Hardware sold us Dymo Hardware, but the size tags we need vs what is available as a template are way too big. Need this to be more customizable, so we can choose *Just* barcode and name of item, on a smaller Dymo label ( 1⁄2 x 1 7⁄8" or 1⁄2 x 1"). It's so limiting.

May 15, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for leaving a review and providing us with your feedback. I can see how having more options for the label sizes can be beneficial for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to share your comments with our developers. Thanks again! -Elias, Shopify Support

Quarantunes

Borderline useless. It doesn't have my Dymo label size and doesn't let me use metafields or even a range of Shopify fields. Like many Shopify features it seems to have been designed without much user experience input.

April 30, 2021

Hi, there! Thank you for leaving your feedback. Supported label sizes can be found here: https://bit.ly/3e6Olgg. I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team in hopes that we may be able to add further customization down the road. -Oliver, Shopify Support

Storehaus

I think it is a convenience app for a barcode. The only and most problematic thing is that the app does not support my language and my currency. Quite a disappointing since Shopify itself did a great job with translating the language.

April 2, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you're finding the app convenient, and thank you for sharing that feedback with us here. I can certainly see why being able to use the app in your own language would be helpful, so I will go ahead and pass your feedback onto our development team for their consideration. -Oliver, Shopify Support

SUP2

Barcodes print on label with half the number and +11 have emailed shopify to help fix it and not luck. I think it woul dbe good if glitch can be fixed.

March 8, 2021

Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry to hear that you've had this issue and not received the help you needed, as this is something that should not be happening with the app.

I would recommend trying to contact our support team again, either via a callback or by live chat, so that you can be authenticated on the store and this issue can be investigated in more detail. A member of our team should be able to take a look at the app to try and determine what is causing this problem. You can reach out to them at: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

ebarza

We used this application to print the barcode for our store. While using this application we were facing the problem of not printing the price along with the barcode. We contacted to the support team regarding this issue. But they said that your country currency doesn't support with our system as this application is used worldwide for printing the barcode. For developer:
Developers should update this application with time by time as many of the Shopify users using this application for barcode printing.

February 22, 2021

Hi, there! Thank you for that feedback - that is correct, you aren't able to print your pricing on your barcodes using the app if you are using an unsupported currency on your store. If this is the case for you, I'd recommend using the Dymo label printing software instead: https://bit.ly/39fg0Ji. Hope that helps! - Brie, Shopify Support

Rock Paper Scissors

This app is really frustrating. It doesnt create barcodes consistently. It logs out of shopify & is just a frustration.

January 11, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here; I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app. I'd like to help you troubleshoot these issues, so I'll follow up with you via email shortly to take a look together. Cheers! - Brie, Shopify Support

MODELLEISENBAHNGEBRAUCHT.DE

Barcodes werden in völlig chaotischer Rheinfolge erzeugt wenn man in der Produkt Section eine bestimmte Liste auswählt anstatt diese Rheinfolge zu übernehmen. Viel Sortier Arbeit.

Love on Haight

So you get barcodes, but sadly, they don't work for Google or Amazon...so only for shopify. Wish it was different.

November 4, 2020

Thank you for this feedback. Retail Barcode Labels creates 8-digit product barcodes that can be scanned and used in retail locations. Whereas the UPC codes required by Google and Amazon operate slightly differently. To learn more about how these codes are used on Google, please check out this document: https://bit.ly/3oVwf4c. Equally, this Amazon resource: https://amzn.to/3621odn is helpful, too.

I also recommend looking over this document (https://bit.ly/3mNmSl9) for more details on adding UPC codes to products in Google Shopping, as well as this document (https://bit.ly/364nCLM) that refers to this same process on Amazon.

I'll follow up with you via email so we can discuss this further! - Rae

Previous 1 3 4 5 6