Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Sweet Iris Vintage

I like that this app is simple and easy to use. However, the lack of support for Brother printer labels is a huge bummer. I've had to use a different label template to get close to the labels I'm using but the top line of print gets cut off if I put even one extra line on it. The print is also off center which bugs me. And I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new printer when I've already invested hundreds into the setup I currently have.

October 5, 2021

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this feedback. The only supported printers are the DYMO and the Zebra. As well, you can print to your own office printer using Avery labels (https://bit.ly/2Wiy4ib).

I can certainly see the potential benefit in offering more support for additional printers, such as the Brother, so I would be happy to submit your feedback to our developers for future consideration. Thank's again! -Marty, Shopify Support.

Poketo

This retail barcode app is not as robust and easy to use as we would like. First, let's start with the tags: There is little you can do to edit or alter the printing template. If you have products with variation, you cannot note this in the printing, as it merely prints 3 fields: Price, the main product name, and SKU number. So, for example, if you have similar products that differ by style, you cannot note that difference on the tag. The only difference would be the SKU number - this is not helpful.
Second, the dashboard interface is best suited for simple 1 or 2 product printing, but not if you need to print one set of tags after another. If you need to print another set of tags, you will need to basically restart the app by clicking the "Retail Barcode Label" title in the app. It's very annoying that the dashboard view is set up this way - it's not intuitive, and makes the printing process more of a chore.
Third, the app is glitchy. For some reason, the very first tag has a shortened product name, while all subsequent tags have the full name. In short, if you can avoid using this app, go for it. Find something better.

August 26, 2021

Hi, there. We are sorry to hear you ran into these issues with the Retail Barcode Labels app and thank you for taking the time to share this review and for highlighting these issues. We can see why some of these issues would be a problem for some of our merchants, like yourself, and we would be happy to pass your feedback along to our developers for future considerations. Although we cannot guarantee updates to this in the future, the more requests we get from our merchants the better the chances for future updates. Thanks again! -Marty, Shopify Support

Arktana

We use this barcode maker for our two stores. The biggest issue it has is it makes duplicate labels for different items. This messes with our inventory levels a lot and it seems to keep happening. I am looking for a new app as we cannot afford to let this keep happening as we have two brick and mortar stores and an online store so it is very important that our inventory is correct at all times.

July 29, 2021

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue with the Retail Barcode Labels app and can appreciate that the duplication of labels is especially frustrating when you have numerous stores and accurate inventory reporting is important. This is a known issue with the app and we are logging merchant feedback on this, so I will be sure to pass your comments on to our app development team. Thank you for writing your review and letting us know you're having this problem. -Victor, Shopify Support

Yeet Street Discs

TLDR: This cost me a good bit of manual effort to recover from an overly ambitious action taken by the app. Be warned, if you want to mix barcodes with some of your products having externally assigned barcodes and some having generated barcodes, be sure to take backups regularly. This has an option to overwrite ALL barcodes that have not been automatically generated. Meaning this will wipe out ALL externally assigned barcodes from all products without a warning or confirmation. This was done by an employee, as there is no way to prevent it through permissions. I want the employee to be able to create new barcodes, but not overwrite the entire database of barcodes. Seems like this would be a valuable option to add. FYI, recovery was not simple, We had 10 days worth of heavy turnover since our last backup. Luckily, I was able to code up a solution to recover the older barcodes for the pre-existing barcodes, but the newer entries where a total loss. We had to manually rescan 400+ products to recover. One would think that shopify would have thought this one out a little more, and that they would offer a free backup scheduling app for when things go badly. Not really impressed.

June 19, 2021

Hey, there. Sorry to hear about the issues caused by the overwrite and we'd be happy to share your experience with our developers, so that your suggestions can be taken into consideration for future developments.

As for backing up, there are a couple of options you can consider - you can export a copy of your products to a CSV file (https://bit.ly/3wCodAB) or use a third-party app, like Rewind Backups (https://bit.ly/3vBrb7f), which is capable of scheduled backups.

Thanks again for taking the time and sharing these suggestions with us. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Swoon

The jewelry tags are very frustrating. They don't give show the sku or the barcode. This makes tagging labor intensive. Also the Dymo labels used constantly get clogged in the dymo printer.

May 19, 2021

Hi, there! Thanks for reaching out and for providing your feedback. Customization options are limited for smaller sized labels at this time but I'll pass your feedback along to our team internally! -Oliver

DECANTsf

Honestly, we need more options for Dymo templates. Shopify Hardware sold us Dymo Hardware, but the size tags we need vs what is available as a template are way too big. Need this to be more customizable, so we can choose *Just* barcode and name of item, on a smaller Dymo label ( 1⁄2 x 1 7⁄8" or 1⁄2 x 1"). It's so limiting.

May 15, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for leaving a review and providing us with your feedback. I can see how having more options for the label sizes can be beneficial for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to share your comments with our developers. Thanks again! -Elias, Shopify Support

Quarantunes

Borderline useless. It doesn't have my Dymo label size and doesn't let me use metafields or even a range of Shopify fields. Like many Shopify features it seems to have been designed without much user experience input.

April 30, 2021

Hi, there! Thank you for leaving your feedback. Supported label sizes can be found here: https://bit.ly/3e6Olgg. I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team in hopes that we may be able to add further customization down the road. -Oliver, Shopify Support

Storehaus

I think it is a convenience app for a barcode. The only and most problematic thing is that the app does not support my language and my currency. Quite a disappointing since Shopify itself did a great job with translating the language.

April 2, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you're finding the app convenient, and thank you for sharing that feedback with us here. I can certainly see why being able to use the app in your own language would be helpful, so I will go ahead and pass your feedback onto our development team for their consideration. -Oliver, Shopify Support

SUP2

Barcodes print on label with half the number and +11 have emailed shopify to help fix it and not luck. I think it woul dbe good if glitch can be fixed.

March 8, 2021

Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry to hear that you've had this issue and not received the help you needed, as this is something that should not be happening with the app.

I would recommend trying to contact our support team again, either via a callback or by live chat, so that you can be authenticated on the store and this issue can be investigated in more detail. A member of our team should be able to take a look at the app to try and determine what is causing this problem. You can reach out to them at: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

ebarza

We used this application to print the barcode for our store. While using this application we were facing the problem of not printing the price along with the barcode. We contacted to the support team regarding this issue. But they said that your country currency doesn't support with our system as this application is used worldwide for printing the barcode. For developer:
Developers should update this application with time by time as many of the Shopify users using this application for barcode printing.

February 22, 2021

Hi, there! Thank you for that feedback - that is correct, you aren't able to print your pricing on your barcodes using the app if you are using an unsupported currency on your store. If this is the case for you, I'd recommend using the Dymo label printing software instead: https://bit.ly/39fg0Ji. Hope that helps! - Brie, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3 4 5 6