Facebook Ads: Traffic & Sales

Facebook Ads: Traffic & Sales

by Ad Intelligence INC

Marketing tool for retargeting ads | Automated advertising

Yoder Leather Company

I used the old version of retarget app for a long time on our site. It worked smoothly and was well worth it. But the new version has been charging us more in ad spend and lowering our ROI dramatically. Facebook is now hitting the full budget each day where before changing it only needed a fraction of it to get results. I believe this is due to the campaigns all resetting which I was assured wouldn't happen. But all the historical data is gone and created new campaign in facebook. With any luck the facebook campaign will optimize over time and improve ROI but I was told that historical data wouldn't be lost which is very disappointing. The way the app is set up now anybody could just use facebook business manager directly and avoid paying a monthly fee to retargetapp. All they are doing now is just automating a retargeting campaign that anybody could set up in 10 minutes with a google search. I'd be surprised if you couldn't reach out to facebook support to set it up for you for free and save a monthly app fee. Ad spend all goes to facebook anyway.

Weekend Swim

We used this app for over 3 years and loved the results. Their new pricing structure is almost double the original cost and we don't believe it is worth the additional cost. They sent no notification to existing clients about this cost change and it was definitely a shock to see. We may finally be saying goodbye to this app. Also, once we updated the app our results vanished which was super disappointing.

April 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your opinion. We have been working hard to make new RetargetApp the best solution for your advertising needs, and now we are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our most recent update.

I would like to note that RetargetApp is not only a fully automated retargeting solution, now we offer more advertising tactics (prospecting ads, abandoned cart recovery ads, cross-sell, etc.) and personalized ad creatives. This is why we re-considered our billing system - it is now more streamlined and transparent. What’s more, we offer a 14-day free trial to try a new version of the app.

Since we created an absolutely new campaign for you, your previous campaign results are not displayed on the in-app dashboard. However, these stats are not lost, we are always happy to provide you with detailed analytics for your previous campaign any time you may need it.

Mavenjp

They will bill from you automatically and there is no option to stop that.

Endurancetreadmills

has become very expensive with latest update so higher ad costs and less sales not sure what has gone wrong with latest update seems like they scatter gun impressions across alot different networks

Shelly Cove

I have used this app for my store for about 2 months now. $425 spend, and $12,500 in return. GREAT ROI right? Well, if this was accurate, that would be the case. However, I know from crunching the numbers that this is not correct. I thought maybe this was measuring Click Through AND View Through Conversions (the app never specifies anywhere on the site which attribution model it uses, which can be misleading). I decided to message the founder of the app.

He messaged me and said RetargetApp only measures Click Through Conversions. Now this is where I KNOW this is off. I can see the UTM campaign on my Shopify store, and this means that 1% of my traffic is bringing almost 20% of my revenue. (So basically I was either lied to, or the maker of the app himself is also misled, which I struggle to believe)

The oversimplification of the app causes me some distress. As a numbers guy, there is no way to measure this in the slightest, and test different variations or cross examine different retarget platforms. Also, since the revenue/profit it gives you is not accurate, the numbers yield relatively useless. If the owner knows that the numbers are not 100% accurate (which based off other reviews, he apparently does), this needs to be stated clearly in the app, or maybe taken off the store until it is fixed.

TL;DR :: Developer is not up front about the accuracy of the "revenue" metric within the app. Interface is over simplified. No way to really measure anything useful. Good if you are new to retargeting, but pay no attention to the numbers except the "spend" metric, because it means very little,