Return Magic

Return Magic

by Alveo.io

Top-rated return solution. Make your returns magical!

Superfit Hero

I'm not one for writing bad reviews but I know how busy shop owners are and I'm hoping I can spare you some wasted time. This app is full of bugs and SSL errors so it's impossible to even set up. Support is utterly unresponsive. Return Magic was acquired by Shopify in 2018 so I assume they are integrating the technology locally and killing the external app? Whatever the reason, Return Magic is already dead. Don't waste your time.

Doughnuts & Deadlifts

TL;DR : customer service is terrible and non responsive. App is not suited to Medium-Large stores.

We installed Return Magic on January 16th, 2019. The next day I reached out to them for help with integrating the app with our Shipstation, because no carrier options were populating when I went to integrate with our Shipstation account. Clara was initially quick to respond with trouble shooting questions, and then said that she would need to involve their engineering team and would get back to me.

One week later and I hadn't received a response, so I followed up with her. It took her 3 days to respond with "I don't understand what is taking [the engineering team] so long. I will ask for an update tomorrow".

It took two days to get another response, but she just asked for our Shipstation API keys for the engineering team to test with. A few days later, Clara informed me that because we have so many carrier accounts in our Shipstation (we fulfill for a number of other businesses) the calls to retrieve the carrier info from Shipstation time out before we can actually select a carrier for the integration. So she said they would try to optimize the code on their end, which could take a couple more days or weeks. That was on February 1st.

February 11th, I requested an update. February 13th, Clara presented another option: the engineering team could add our carrier account to our ReturnMagic app manually themselves.

February 18th she informed me that our Shipstation should be connected. I immediately went to try it out, and found that they connected the incorrect Carrier/Shipstation storefront. I responded to her same day to notify her of this issue, and have received NO RESPONSES since then!

I followed up March 11th, to request an update. No response. Followed up again March 26th for an update and to let them know that this was their last chance before I uninstalled the app and found another solution. No response. Emailed on April 15th to officially inform her that we were leaving Return Magic and to make sure we weren't charged any of the base fees. No response.

We were really looking forward to using Return Magic, and the dashboard looks great on the backend, so this was very disappointing. We do not suggest this app unless you are a very small store/small production who is not seeking helpful customer support.

Bijoux Medusa

Apps is really good and helpful but the support is one kind of a joke. Ask for month to get help to resolve an Issues and they reply me 3 time the same copie / Past answer. What a lazy way to handle support.... Probably hosted in India to lower cost. But cleary should Hire good people to correctly reply and really help they merchant.

sober

I agree with the bad reviews.
The support has absolutely no idea and is slow. After several weeks of discussion and mistakes at returnmagic still no solution or total lack of understanding. We will probably use another app. why Shopify buys such a company.

Hanifa

Didn’t work for me. Contacted support a few days ago. Never heard from them.

Customers were having issue with actually going through the system

Beach Bunny Swimwear

Slow support, and it takes a while for a support rep to troubleshoot your issues. It works fine if you're a smaller store.

GODSOFMANKIND

Decietful design, complete robbery. Looks good when you set it up all to find out 1 month later when you need to process a returns it DOES NOT WORK! $10 down the drain..

Brothers With Glass

First off the support is very slow, I sent an email and got an email the next day saying hes to busy today but would love to have a phone call tomorrow. I don't have time for phone calls from every app developer that has a bug, quick email support is the standard and this company does not offer that. That was the first issue. Next we had an issue that was preventing the proper options from displaying to the customer effectively, this app is not that complex and the fact we could not resolve this issue means it has unresolved issues.

Next the acyclic did not work, we processed a return and it did not show any of the data and we did not process an option that was custom and thus not showing up in analytics , this was a stock setting and it still did not work.

We just gave up on the app as we still had not received any support and were in the process of scheduling a phone call but that was at least a day or two away from happening.

Bad support, poorly functioning app, bugs = Not worth the download.

Ultimate Hobby

Do not join, absolutely bad customer service. I tried contacting them 4 times in the past and no response at all. My return portal has not been working for 2 months and they are still charging my account. I will cancel immediately.

Nursing Angel

A complete waste of time and energy. We persisted for more than 3 months. We gave them every opportunity to help iron out all of the issues. In 3 months we were unable to create 1 return label successfully. Utterly hopeless!

Previous 1