Overall rating Based on 1044 reviews
We have received countless number of spam emails from this developer. After continuous efforts to remove ourselves from their mailing list, this review is to inform others. Their customer service has told us we were removed from their mailing list and yet a week later, we are still receiving unwanted marketing emails daily.
Choose Your Attitude
So far, just trying to set things up. I had thought its one layer, but for a simple return you need:
Then a shipping center.
Postmen doesn’t connect well with any shipping center. Returns dont work when printing labels. Customer service is only email. Now 4 emails in and having to repeat the issue, and not having a solution out of the gate. Is there a way to expedite service? Help with sales? Just on trial mode, and having horrible luck getting everything to work.
Beware! This app does not automatically issue a refund like the free Shopify app does! We found out after a few weeks that this app had not refunded the money to our customers once we had processed the refunds, so we had to go back and do it all manually! The creator has NOT clearly informed about this! It makes the app useless to us, as it's time-consuming to do every refund manually. We're going back to the free app we used previously.
UPDATE to developer:
I have already reached out to you and was told that refunds have to be done manually.
We are sorry about your case. However, in Returns Center, merchant can refund to customer's original payment method directly. We simply call Shopify refund endpoint to do so.
Therefore, this might be an individual case. Could you please kindly reach out to us at email@example.com? So that we can figure how it happened and help you solve this issue. Thank you so much!
This app is useful (when it works) and when it doesn't it is beyond a doubt the worst app I have ever used. My store does 1million+ on shopify so I have most of the top notch apps and this one is one of the best and one of the absolute worst.
I picked a plan upon install and I am "UNABLE" to change that plan. Like at all. Does anybody think thats weird?
So I contact support on 17th December 2019. They tell me various fixes like "uninstall your app, reinstall" the usual stuff. None of it works. Whenever those instructions are followed it just reinstalls on your store and again you are UNABLE to choose a new plan.
Long story short I have been locked into almost 2 months of overcharges now because these complete children cannot do the most basic of functions which is
1) Provide the Shopify user the ability to upgrade/downgrade their plan
2) Upgrade or downgrade the plan at the request of the user.
They even asked to be added to Admin Access on the store which they were. And they haven't fixed their problem. Their latest email asks me to get on a call to "discuss concerns"
Like are these jokers and children the worst support ever? The lowest IQ of the barrel bunch of $2 worker slaves out of Mumbai or something?
I CANNOT change my plan due to their apps issues and they WILL NOT change it for me. So I am stuck using an app that I need but am forced to pay overcharges for because I cant upgrade my plan to a higher tier and they cant do or won't do it.
I dont say this often but thats basically illegal. These guys are complete clowns.
Admittedly, I did like this app at first however, there are huge faults that this app has that can't be overlooked anymore. So let me save you time and money:
1. When you first get this app if you're trying it out you will be on their standard starter package (5 returns/month + $2 for every additional return). Please read that carefully, you will be charged an extra $2 for every return if you do not MANUALLY delete the app, remove your account integration, REDOWNLOAD the app, reintegrate, and then choose a different plan. They do not automatically upgrade you based on your returns usage, or even have the option to upgrade easily within the app (which is common practice for almost every single app). They're literally trying to scam you out of more money hoping that you don't notice you're over your quota and charging you a ridiculous amount for the extra returns. When I did notice this was happening I contacted support and I was told that I would have to go through each of my SHOPIFY invoices, because for some reason they also don't have their own separate billing and invoicing for you to check how much you're paying - to get a refund. Now mind you, this would take hours and as a business owner ain't nobody got time for that. I was willing to overlook this and continue using their service, until we get to point two.
2. Aftership sends out emails to your customers using their server, with a reply-to email as your business email address. The problem is, ALL of the Aftership emails being sent out are being marked as spam by your recipient's mail servers, so they never see your return approval, return instruction emails, etc., When I contacted Aftership regarding this issue I was told that I would have to email EACH of my customers to add our business email to their address book so they wouldn't be marked as spam. Well, clearly this support tech had no idea what he was talking about because the emails are sent out from AFTERSHIP'S servers so even by adding our email address to their address book it wouldn't do anything, also it defeats the purpose of having an AUTOMATED return service. Great idea, let me take the time now to email hundreds of people for no reason, g r e a t i d e a. This is when I decided the app was just a huge waste of time and money.
3. Whenever you have an issue with their app they tell you to add it to the blog or something so people can vote on it. Their support is horrendous and I'm pretty sure all the reviews on here are fake. Definitely something fishy with this app that is apparently the most used returns app on shopify.
I've switched to return magic, which seems pretty good so far for those looking for an alternative to this mess.
We highly value your feedback and AfterShip Returns Center is an actively developed product. Our support has reached out to you in-person to collect more information and yes, we will surely work on the improvements you suggested. Below are some keynotes from our product owner and engineers:
1. We understand that you feel the price $2 per extra return high. That's the price only for quota exceeded. By choosing a right plan fitting the scale of your monthly transactions, you get a pretty low charge per return. We always want to offer you great service with a reasonable price, and we are trying to provide upgrade notice when quota exceeds for our customers. For now the notice is at "Settings > Billing" section, and we plan to provide more explicit notice + email reminder for customers to watch over their monthly usage so that they won't be charged an unexpected quota exceed fee.
2. We understand upgrade & downgrade without reinstallation is an important feature and we have been working on it. For now reinstallation is a must (and yeah a bit more steps we understand) to upgrade/downgrade your subscriptions. We are striving to release a one-click upgrade very soon and will update the progress with you in our blog (https://blog.aftership.com/) and our app homepage.
3. The way we are sending approval emails on behalf of you has a high chance to be marked a spam by email service providers. We do have a plan to provide a configuration for customers to setting up their email domain with our server to resolve this issue, please bear with us in the updates. In short term, when your customers submit a return request, we will show up a warm notice for them to remember to check the spam/junk mail box for any progress updates.
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.The product has frequent updates every month, we look forward to see you coming back to experience the improvements we have been making. Thank you!
Be aware that if you need to upgrade to the next plan they direct you to uninstall and reinstall the app then you have to redo all your settings, why would they do that? Isn't it common that websites grow and you upgrade to the next plan? Every other app has a simple one button or so click to upgrade they make it easy for their customers.
I messaged the customer service asking them to upgrade me, they sent me links to disconnect, followed the process it does not work in fact after I disconnect the app and go back the connection back, clearly this app has a bug. In speaking with our Merchant Success Manager @ ShopifyPlus she stated that uninstalling and reinstalling an app for upgrade she has not heard of.
Please note that I received an email they would screen share with us at 1pm today, they never sent us the link, we are now 3 days of not being able to create & send return labels for our customers. I sent another time to support. So disappointed in this app. I have worked on many shopify sites with many apps and this is the first time I have had this type of an experience.
Like the person that posted Dec 12, 2019 I am wondering if the reviews for this app are accurate.
Please accept our humble apology, could you please join us on a screen share call? We will resolve the issue on the call itself.
Kindly check your email inbox. Please reply to it and we will connect immediately.
Coloured Raine Cosmetics
sadly this app crashes continually informing us to connect the store even while it's already connected. Can't get any assistance through customer service. This is horrible
Apologies for such an experience.
Would you be able to join us on a call?
Please reply to the email, we've sent to your email address.
Tulsa Body Jewelry
Update 11/23: It was briefly fixed when it allowed me to update payment but started treating me like a stranger this morning. It behaves like I've never signed up even though I've presumably paid for the next month. I have a backlog of return requests that I can't access. My customers are angry and I feel humiliated. Support is severely lacking. It looks like this whole issue started around the same time they rolled out a bunch of updates to the app. Could someone please fix my issue???
Original post: We used this app just fine for a couple of months until my credit card needed updating. When I enter the app, it prompts me to select a plan which is all fine. When I consent to the charges I get declined and informed that I need to update my payment. When I click the update payment link, it circles me back to select a plan. There is nowhere to update my payment info. I've tried explaining this to support and they would rather assume I'm an idiot that simply can't navigate their website. I've been trying to get help from support for a week now and maybe there's a language barrier? I simply would like to update my account... make a payment and resume the service. Can someone help me resume active customer status please? I have many annoyed customers right now.
RPM MOTORSPORT LTD.
I have no idea why this app had 844 reviews, i can only say something is really fishy.
There is no way an app this weak to get this amount of reviews. They work with votes to implement a basic idea, however some votes only have 2 votes and they added them lol...
We have spent over 16 hours of work just to get going and finally the thing that made us uninstall this app is the basic features that arent there and that our customers cannot respond to the automated emails. there is no way this app has 1000 customers so i dont understand how they got this amount of reviews. im thinking more like 12 people are using this app.
Customer service is super slow and unresponsive.
I truly believe someone in the market will come up with a really good return management system,
And Well Dressed
Customers are not able to access returns centre, I suspect due to no SSL cert. Zero help from support so far, just encouraged us to request a feature in the community.