Bold Returns

Bold Returns

by BOLD

Simplify returns for both you and your customers

NOCTEX

This app hasnt . been working properly for what seems like 2 months at least, you'd think they would fix the main thing that makes their app worthwhile - customers being able to return items.

Local Joe

First of all, this app took longer to set up than it took me to set up my entire Shopify store. Other apps like Returnly and Aftership can be set up within about 20 minutes. It's not a very beautiful app either, compared to more streamlined and modern returns apps out there. But the reason for my low review is the issue I encountered which caused me to go through the trouble of completely installing Bold and then having to change to another app once I got done.

Granted, my store is a bit unique in that I'm constantly adding and deleting variants of products which are dependent upon time. 100% of my returns are for products where the variant is already deleted from my store. Bold's returns app does not make it possible for customers to generate returns for these products. When I contacted Bold about this, their customer support neglected to put my information into Zendesk which caused me to never receive any correspondence about the issue. When I finally got that issue straightened out, here was their dev's response: "Once a product/variant has been deleted our application will be unable to tie that product into the system, as we are utilizing Shopify's product API
and looking for the Product ID even creating a new product with the same name won't allow it to be returned through the application."

I am not a developer and if I took this answer at face value, I probably would've just given up. However, I found that both Returnly and Aftership both support returns for my products. I decided to use Aftership because of how easy it is to use.

This has been my experience with Bold over and over again. Just about every app they make seems to be built by developers, not product people. The applications themselves are not flexible and nobody seems to be listening to customers or the marketplace about what we want. I continue to be frustrated by Bold overall and this is just another example.

Hvac Parts Outlet

We archived an RA by mistake and we as a user cannot un-archive it. The definition to archive is to store until needed again. Next, a customer did not receive a shipping label, not sure this even works, and there is not email re-trigger for lack of a better definition. With that said, how does the customer get a label??? Just struggling with this and customer support is email only as they don't answer the phone. We will be moving on to another app.

Illyaustralia

Refund function not really up to scratch.

The Returns Manager app does not know that your products include taxes, so it calculates taxes regardless. You essentially get a higher refund value by the tax amount - Double tax refund.

The proposed fix for this will be to add a restocking fee to the return group. This should be omitted from the refund amount when refunding an order. Not really an option if you have many admin people trying to calculate all the time or store staff trying to do it on the run.

Other than that there would be no way for the app to know that taxes are included in the prices of the app.

Customers are happy - they get a larger redund than they paid for.

Songear

Turn off all the ads in your app for your other apps. It's annoying when you have to work in a system day after day and see the same junk

Segaway

Customers cant create returns the 2nd time. And the search bar doesnt work so you have to scroll page by page to find a customer.

Nodal Ninja

Didn't work out the gate - just received an error so wasn't able to fully test. We didn't contact support because I noticed the app forces information to go through their 3rd party website https://rm.boldapps.net/customer_admin/customer_lookup.php?shop=your_store.myshopify.com.
We aren't keen on passing sensitive order information over to 3rd party websites even though they claim they keep info private.
Also don't like the up-sells and banner ads inside the app for their other products.

Osloh Bicycle Jeans

The app works, sort of. I had some issues with CSS and was totally unable to get ahold of their support team for any real help. They took 3 weeks to tell me that they didn't know what to do. I had to go in and fix their CSS on my own, and now I am having other issues with the app and they are completely un-responsive. I have called, emailed multiple people and tried really hard to get the issue resolved. If you are ok with problems on your site lasting for indefinite periods of time, and a complete lack of response from their support team, then this app might be ok.