Route ‑ Shipping Insurance

Route ‑ Shipping Insurance

by RouteApp LLC

One-Click Shipping Insurance

NOMATIC

Route is a very well built app that integrates well with our Shopify store. Route's team was very helpful in working through any bugs during implementation. We have a lot of customers checking out with it so it seems to be providing quite a bit of value for our customers.

Facade Games

There have been more customers buy this than I expected. Seems like customers (and us) see a lot of value in the insurance since it is so cheap to get. Excited to keep using this for our business!

Rep Your Water

When we first got this app right before the holiday rush, it was PERFECT! Every claim was handled super quick and easily. The pandemic and direct shipping problems with that definitely slowed them down, though I suspect also fast growth because of increased online sales was part of the problem.

We sell mostly lower dollar items, so haven't had a problem getting them replaced or refunded.

I think that there is room for this to be 5 stars again in the future as they catch up and hire more people so that the communication can be better. Overall we have had a great experience, but the slow down in response time has been tricky to navigate.

The Mini Princess

The only thing lacking from this app is communication to the seller when someone field a claim. For instance, they’ll tell the customer a replacement is being made when the seller has no idea this has even happened. For me, can’t remake certain orders due to limited supplies so this causes a problem. However, when you email route about it, they switch it to a refund so it’s a simple fix.

Overall a very helpful app and the customer service is great for help installing.

Mixology

This app came in very handy when dealing with missing packages! Prior, we were constantly back and forth with the post office and the Route claims process made it very simple to come to a resolution. Super seamless platform.

HockeyStickMan

We have been using Route for a few months now and have found it very useful. Almost no hassle on our end, and solves some headaches when packages go missing/are broken. In most cases the claims are approved without ever needing any action from our end other than referring the customer to the claims link.

Lace The Game

Update: Changing our review from two stars to four. Route reached out with an apology and assured us that they have hired more customer service reps to help process the high number of claims they are receiving due to the pandemic. The errors from our previous claims have been corrected and new claims have been processed in a timely manner. It seems they have addressed their issues and are back to functioning normally.

--------------------------------------------------

Before Covid this insurance was a dream come true for us, they took care of customer claims quickly and efficiently, saving us both time and lost revenue. However, since Covid customer claims are being processed incorrectly resulting in us having to cover the losses ourselves. We are disabling the app for now and hope Route is able to fix their issues and get back to running smoothly again!

Forever Green Indoors

5/12/2020

Update: I am updating our review to 4 stars based on Routes follow-up on the issues in our first review.

Part of our issue is that we didn't spend enough time getting to understand the claims process. Customers can file their own claim using the link in the Route confirmation email. Our customer encountered an error in this process. The screen on his mobile device froze and he could not process the claim. We were unaware that we can also process a claim on their behalf using the Route dashboard in Shopify Apps. As is the case with most unhappy customer experiences our anxiety about getting them taken care of quickly created a tense situation. If we had been more aware of our ability to assist in filing the claim we may not have been as frustrated with Routes initial slow response to the issue. Route did respond within a couple business days which I felt was unacceptable and is one of two things they need to fix. The second being the customer experience with filing a claim on their mobile device. I did ask to be made aware of what created this issue and that it has been resolved. I have not heard back.

Overall the Route App is solid. I don't agree with other reviews about the difficulty installing the code. It was easy for us and Route helped to get it completed in a timely basis.

The service itself is very popular. We sell high ticket goods and nearly all customers opt in to Route.

Route quickly paid the claim and initiated an order through Shopify on the customers behalf. They used a credit card on the system so FGI and the customer were made whole.

I would also like to know more about what is required in making a claim. And what Route does with the carrier in return. What happens to the damaged goods? Who pays to ship them back? How does a carrier receive feedback about damaged shipments so they can improve their ship service? But these are not high priority questions.

If Route continues to improve and the service continues to be popular we'll be along term happy customer.

Kevin Sullivan
CEO
Forever Green Indoors

5/2/2020

UPDATE: After escalating the claim to a number of people I received communication from a Route Executive and another individual who were both helpful and apologetic about the delayed responses to our customer. He offered the customer an option for a refund, or a replacement. The customer elected for a replacement and Route purchased the product on his behalf to settle the claim. This was our first experience with a claim, and although not ideal, it seems to have satisfied our customer so we are satisfied as well at this time. I moved the review up to 3 stars. And I will move it up again if we continue to experience positive improvement with the Route team. I now recommend Route again, with the caveat that it would be a good idea to discuss expectations of claim communication. I'm unsure if the issue our customer faced with the mobile app for making claims has been fixed. We'll do what we can to look in to that. It would have likely avoided much of this review.

###

5/1/2020

Very disappointed with Route. I had high hopes with the service. Our customers were nearly unanimously selecting to pay for the extra coverage. Our first claim involved an unhappy customer who received a badly damaged product shipped by UPS. The customer was unable to file a claim with route. Repeated attempts to contact sales failed. Unsure if the people who sold us this are even working there now. Had some success with technical support connecting us with a product support person who sent a curt email that Route was experiencing "high volumes of claims due to Covid 19". I am really disappointed in Route and we've disabled it in our cart. If the matter is resolved I'll change this review. At this point I'd give it fewer than one star for the money they collected versus the service they have provided. Avoid this app.

UB2 | Urban Baby Bonnets

Initial review (please read updates):

I used this app, and told my clients to buy the product to protect their shipment. When a long-standing client bought from me and her parcel was delivered to the wrong address (apparently, it was scanned delivered, but she never received it), Route forced her to submit a police report. I ended up having to submit the claim on her behalf. I don't know if it will be approved or not, but the fact that they require police reports for mis-delivered packages is ridiculous. Be aware that this is the policy.

UPDATE: after 24 hours, they still have not replied to my complaint and have contacted my customer saying they cannot cover the lost package unless she files a police report. This is absolutely insane! PLEASE do not use this app in your store. Your customers will be completely angry and you will end up paying for the lost order yourself.

FINAL UPDATE: After posting this review and contacting support again, I received a prompt reply that the company understood the problem and that they would take care of the issue. They refunded my client who re-purchased her hats. Furthermore, they agreed to exempt our store from the requirement for police reports. Customer service goes a LOOOOOONG way and I am especially thankful for their help and willingness to meet my clients' needs. Kellee was especially helpful and wrote me several very kind emails and even offered to jump on a call to discuss the issues further.

I am leaving Route in place on my store, and will continue to encourage clients to use the service, now knowing that there's no automatic requirement for a police report. I have encouraged Route to consider lifting that requirement and addressing fraud in other ways-- which is why they said the requirement is in place for all orders over $100.

Thank you, Route, for standing behind your product and for promptly and kindly addressing my concerns. It's very much appreciated.

AmericanHardBag.com

This app surprised me. It has indeed increased customer confidence. Items on my shop have a high ticket and this app helps my customers feel at ease. Initially had some issues with getting this app functional on my site. Route support did get that squared away but at first it was difficult to get support. Now they have given better contact information for when I need assistance.