Route ‑ Protection & Tracking

Fuel Growth with Order Protection, Package Tracking & More

Price: Free

BLACK LIGHT CANDLES

I was having trouble with my Checkout button disappearing. I have reached out to support and was advised that this is not a Route issue. When I don't have Route installed everything works fine. This issue is caused by the Route code being placed in the wrong spot. I had to do the coding myself due to no response to an email that was sent to Chris. Route is refusing to help and advised to me to locate a web designer. I am forced to delete the app due to no assistance with the incorrect coding

July 23, 2021

Hi there,

This is an uncommon issue, so thank you for bringing this to our attention! At Route, we pride ourselves on offering world-class customer service, and we'd like to dig into why the installation was a subpar experience. We’d like to take a closer look and help with any questions that come up while adding Route to your site. You can contact us at cms@route.com and we'd love to help any way we can!

Have a great day,
Bianca, Customer Service

No B.S. Skin Care

Time spent using app Over 1 year

It was great when they started, but it quickly became a scam. Route provides an inferior service than we provide our customers. Our SLAs for customer service responses are much faster, whereas Route will take over a week to answer a legitimate customer claim. Ultimately, they've been making money off our website and offering a poor insurance solution to our customers. In the process, we lost money and our reputation got harmed. Their customer service (that was amazing before) could only shrug and apologize. The app works technically well... but the service they provide is really subpar.

June 15, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. At Route, we pride ourselves on offering world-class customer service, and we’re so sorry to hear your experience fell short of expectations. We’d be happy to look into your situation and answer questions about the process.

First, we want to apologize for any delay in response to your customers. The Route team works hard to respond to every claim in a timely manner, and we understand the impact a delayed response has on the customer experience. We apologize for any delays that may have happened. We know this doesn’t always make for a great experience for customers.

Second, we understand the importance of the post-purchase experience and the impact it has on your reputation and revenue. Package protection should be a good, easy experience for you and your customers, which is why we're happy to assist further if you feel any claims have been wrongfully denied. Please reach out to merchantsupport@route.com with claims you'd like us to revisit, and we'd be more than happy to double check issues. Our team has been notified and we'll be on the lookout! Our goal is to always do right by merchants and their customers, so if mistakes were made, we'll catch them.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions as well. We’d love to help however we can.

Bianca, Customer Service

Restrained Grace

route only replaced 5 packages for us in the last 6 months, our out of pocket for replacements is still astronomical because route doesn't approve MOST claims. their app has been removed from the google play store and we have received constant customer complaints about their lack of service. this company is a scam and shouldn't be on the app store

June 7, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. At Route, we pride ourselves on offering world-class customer service, and we’re so sorry to hear your experience fell short of expectations. We’d be happy to look into your situation and help or clarify however possible.

After reviewing your customer order issues, we’re showing that those closed or denied were due to the following reasons:

1) Order tracking showing “unfulfilled”.

In such cases, Route will refer the customer to the merchant for a fulfillment update or updated tracking (should the order have been shipped but the tracking not updated). Once the order is fulfilled, Route coverage still applies.

2) The order issue was filed outside of Route’s coverage policy timeframes.

Issues delivered and not received, or delivered and broken, must be filed within 15 days of the delivery date. On lost issues, a customer must file within 30 days of the last tracking update. For a more detailed overview of our policies, please see: https://routeapphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041131194-Route-Package-Protection-Policies.

3) After Route reached out for more information, the customer never responded.

In these situations, Route sends two reminder emails every 48 hours. If the customer doesn’t respond within 48 hours of the second reminder email, the ticket is automatically closed. Should the customer eventually respond on these threads, the ticket is then reopened and addressed within 24-48 hours.

4) Tracking update or delivery after an order issue is filed.

When a tracking status is updated or marked as delivered after a customer issue is filed, the customer is notified that their package is on its way or has been delivered, and the ticket is closed.

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion caused regarding the filing process or coverage policies and timeframes.

If there are any you feel any customer issues were wrongfully denied and need to be revisited, please reach out to us at merchantsupport@route.com and we’d be happy to assist. Additionally, we’d be happy to clarify any of the above policies or procedures as needed. Our team has been notified of your feedback and will be on the lookout for any future emails.

Bona Fide Flower

Are you guys still functioning? I have not gotten any response in 2 weeks. I am also looking at my dashboard and we have issues from December that have not been taking care of. Assist me that would be really appreciated

May 28, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for relaying your experience to us. We are so sorry to hear you’ve had trouble contacting our team and using your Dashboard. We’d love to do everything we can to support you.

It appears we’re not showing any correspondences from the email we have for you on file. Our sincerest apologies if there was any confusion caused regarding the best points of contact for support. We have reached out directly to the email address on file, so feel free to respond back on that thread or reach out to us directly at: merchantsupport@route.com.

Additionally, while we experienced some delays in responses a few weeks ago due to a backlog of issues filed, our response times have since returned to our usual 24-48 business hours.

Again, if you are still running into any Dashboard questions, or have any other questions or concerns, please respond to our email or contact us at merchantsupport@route.com. We’ve notified our team to be on the lookout for future messages from your team so we can get you taken care of as soon as possible.

Good Wave

Time spent using app 1 minute

This review is for both the Route app and one of their sales team members. I received a series of offensive emails from one of the reps. Their lack of professionalism reflects poorly not only on them but more importantly the company and platform. I hope other business owners do not have the same experience.

May 18, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your candid feedback. Route prides itself on offering world-class support and communication to our merchants across all departments, and we're so sorry to hear your experience fell short.

Our sincerest apologies for any misunderstandings or miscommunications caused. We work hard to ensure that all Route communications are in line with our company's brand and that our merchants always feel informed and supported in our conversations with them. Your feedback has been passed through all the appropriate channels, and we appreciate your willingness to share.

Should you have further feedback, or have any other questions for Route, please feel free to reach out to csm@route.com and we'd be happy to assist however we can.

Hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy,

DUEROS

Location Spain
Time spent using app About 1 year

terrible service when it comes to covering the insurance cost which are lost. They stop replying or never do and doesnt make any sense to continue anymore with them as they cost a high percentage which is more then they state. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reply to your message: Thats not true. if in could send you a screenshot of what you guys charged my customers for each order those percentages are a lie.
See screenshot in dropbox link below. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyrqimr52irjnx0/Screenshot%202021-04-27%20at%2010.59.55.png?dl=0

April 26, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your candid review. We're so sorry to hear your experience with Route has been less than ideal, and we'd love to do everything we can to clarify and make things right.

We’re looking at your customer claims, and we’re seeing that they’ve all been handled and resolved in accordance with our coverage policies. Your history also shows that our Customer Success Manager has been an active communicator, responding throughout the relationship.

We're also sorry to hear that you felt our costs were more expensive than anticipated. Route Package Protection is free for merchants and is available for purchase to customers in the cart page. For cart totals under $100 USD, Route is only $0.98 USD. For carts over $100 USD, Route is calculated from 1.5%-5% of the cart total based on several factors (for example, if an order was $150 USD, then Route could be $2.25 USD).

I hope this information helps clarify any confusion caused. However, we'd love to know more about the communications you feel were missed, and if you have any further questions, by reaching out to us at https://help.route.com/hc/en-us or directly to your CSM, Ahseanté. We'd be more than happy to assist however possible.

Organic Climbing

Let me start by saying this is a super cool idea and I applaud Route for it. Its something that in concept would be a dream for our company so thanks for dreaming this up Route!!! We started using this App October of 2020, to be honest it felt a bit like a good used car salesperson was selling this to us and everything seemed WAY To good to be true, but we were promised no this is for real. We signed up and it worked amazing for first 2.5 months as insurance. That being said the "used car salesperson" who sold us went dark after we set it up, when we finally located them they got very defensive and seemed hurt that we called them out for not helping us after they sold us the service, and we had 100 percent no support or anyone to reach out to till we continued to be a real squeaky wheel and then were assigned a "Customer Success Manager" "Customer Success Manager" felt a bit like going to the orthodontist where everyone is SOOOO Nice, and has the most amazing teeth you have ever seen and you are like Is this real??? Well like a really good yoga teacher our "Customer Success Manager" was great at platitudes and making it clear they were soooo sorry for the issue and would get it taken care of right away....then would be on vacation for long stretches and not take care of anything... once they returned they would forget our companies issue and we would spend considerable time bringing them back up to speed (mind you this is during a pandemic when our company is short staffed and stressed out trying to make outdoor gear safely in our workshop) And our CSM at Route would get very stressed out that we were frustrated with needing to invest MORE OF OUR VALUABLE time into something we had already told them about. The more we worked with Route the more it almost felt like a needy Child who we were needing to discipline and help shape but at the same time had to tread lightly as to not make them feel bad or to cause them to much work cause then it derailed the whole conversation and things we needed done would not be able to get done. We have been in E commerce 17 years. And as a Small business our customers expect responses from us fast, over the time we have been in business we have seen customers go from a 24 hour email response being seen as fast to them needing it instant through text or chats. When we were sold Route as a solution to our Shipping customer service issues (which to anyone in E commerce we can all agree are lots of the questions we all handle daily) we expected to have quick and reliable customer service from Route as well since they were selling an e commerce experience. Anyone reading this in e commerce can predict when the most shipping is going to be happening and hence the most Customer service needs : ) Well a very large issue for us with Route was Dec - Jan of 2020 much of the Route Team was out getting rad (skiing and doing great things with Family) that I would have loved to be doing myself albeit there was a pandemic and I was stuck triaging to my customers why their claims where not getting processed and my questions to Route where getting auto responses of being out on vacation. While I applaud work life Balance not being able to balance your staffing needs and that is unacceptable, especially for a company to be selling a product to take customer service stress from small businesses and then not really follow through. As I was told my the used car salesperson in our initial sales person "E commerce never sleeps" I could not agree more and as a company servicing that sphere you should structure your claims and customer service people so there is always someone available to help customers 24-7 Late in 2020 Route also changed their terms of use policy very discretely and stopped reimbursing the merchant for the cost of shipping which is very large on our products. This was never publicly addresses in any emails to clients and just processed by changing their website page where they have their terms of use, when I asked about this our rep got very angry and said it was our fault for not paying attention to their terms of use changing. On top of this they also changed how they processed the claims, prior they would sit on them until approved then someone would reorder from route, on their route credit card and we would see a new order with a route billing address to know it was a claim, then without any notice (Aside from the aforementioned change of use policy page on their site) they started putting every claim through as they were filed and we would see an order come in but sometimes paid for other times not paid for, our team would ship an item assuming it was a new order or had been approved as the old route claims worked only to see the claim denied and not paid a week later. To keep training our team to watch for the changes in Route became to much to handle for us. I was told in March of 2021 that this changed back perhaps again so they are reimbursing shipping but honest I don't know anymore and got tired trying to keep up with these folks. Last straw was when we uncovered a glitch in Route. As of March 2021 we have put 1.5 months into working with them on it to have a response that they don't know what is going on. This glitch will overcharge clients double or more in the insurance on occasional orders so we see a $389 Route on one order charges $4.95 for insurance and then a customer reorders and sees insurance of $10.95 or so. I run my business by honestly and while I understood there may be a glitch will say Route did nothing to fix it or address this or to publicly admit there was a glitch to their customers. In fact again they threw this back at us (Actually our customers) for going to fast through checkout and that this was the only way they could replicate the issue and had bigger problems to fix than this, Literally this is what our CSM told us! So apparently its never routes issue, always someone else's fault, and oops don't give them real life feedback or they get their feelings hurt, and they own this huge business but don't have to take the same stress the rest of us business owners do cause, they don't want to? In the days of big tech, VC Capital etc as a USA Manufacturer of High Quality goods perhaps I am just Old School but if I had this much investor Money I would be racing to address these glitches before I continued to push my Used car salespersons to keep collecting more and more accounts, clearly there is not enough roots behind the growing tree above and its becoming more and more unstable. Giving 1 stars instead of 0 only because I do really think Route is onto something but needs to grow up and learn customer service and hard work but then could be a super awesome product and I hope someone with time makes their own shipping insurance company as its a great idea if you have the backbone behind it to support it. In closing I want to note Route has given incentives for others to give them good reviews and this I find dishonest and did not do, instead this is our real life experience

March 10, 2021

Hi there,

We’re so glad to hear you enjoy Route’s concept. Route prides itself on offering world-class service, and our sincerest apologies for your less-than-ideal experiences otherwise. We empathize with our customers greatly, having started as just a two-person company at a table not long ago. We're always innovating on our concept, and we experience some growing pains of our own.

While one of our Customer Success Managers has been in contact with you to gather additional feedback and dive into the extra charges you are seeing, we’d be happy to address the other concerns raised in your review here.

It appears there were some misunderstandings surrounding CSM transitions and the best point of contact for your business needs and Route support. We are sorry for any confusion caused, particularly around the holiday season. Currently, Route’s Product Support team is online year-round and our Customer Success Managers are allotted optional time off during the holiday season.

Additionally, our apologies for any confusion caused regarding our Resolve via Platform update. While this update eliminated the time, effort, and cost required to resolve customer issues with a replacement order or refund, it did change how we format reimbursements. For a detailed breakdown on how RVP affects billing, read more here: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055934194-Route-Order-Issues-Resolution-Resolve-via-Platform-

We hope this information helps, and we are glad our CSM has been in contact with you for additional support and to find ways we can better fit your business model, needs, and implement your feedback. We have several employees who enjoy bouldering and use your products, and we would love to continue this partnership however possible.

crystal cavern imports

Absolute rip off. My customer received her crystal which was damaged in transit at the tip. They claim it is only "cosmetic" because the item is still usable but that would mean any of my crystals technically would never be covered as all of the damage would be "cosmetic." Now my customer has paid for a service and they are being ripped off since Route won't cover it. Personally I feel like this is a big oversight on their part. Not all items damage the same way. Be cautious when downloading this and helping your customers be ripped off. NEW EDIT: as you can see in their answer below they did resolve my orignal issue but that is because I threatened to call the BBB on them, not out of the goodness of their heart. Damage is damage even if it is just a chip so their policies allow them to accept or deny claims at their discretion and I am assuming its usually denied. I cancelled them on my shop because they have changed a lot of their policies including that if a package is marked as stolen customers may have to file a report with the police. I have a lot of black customers and I would NEVER ask them to make contact with the police for something as little and stupid as a lost package when Shipsurance does not require this. I also just had an international customer have their claim denied which I am currently trying to dispute. He thought it was lost in customs so waited to file a claim in the hopes it would arrive and now they have denied him saying he waited too long. With COVID and extended wait times for international shipments it seems like AGAIN they just do not want to pay out for services they have been paid for. Absolutely don't deal with these people. They are a total rip off. Second edit: They will not cover my international shipment that was lost in transit. If I had insured it through Shipsurance for $0.70 I would have not had to pay out over $100 to my customer who spent THEIR OWN money on Route's product.

March 8, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your candid feedback. Route prides itself on offering top-notch customer service to our merchants, and we are so sorry your experience fell short.

I’m showing that the customer in question submitted a photo in which no damage is visible, and that the specialist made a cosmetic damage call based on the photos provided.

The customer and yourself responded mentioning that the damage was indeed not cosmetic and would fall under Route policy. With that additional information, it appears our specialist was able to get managerial approval to cover a refund for you customer.

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion or misunderstanding. Per Route policy we cover damage that renders an item unusable, and not minor cosmetic scratches or dings: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041131194-Route-Package-Protection-Policies

We understand many merchants sell specialty products such as artwork, crystals, etc… and our team is always happy to work with merchants to find the best solution for their products.

Again, we’re so sorry your experience fell short of expectations, but we’re happy we were able to take care of your customer.

We would love to continue our partnership, and are always available to discuss coverage options on your crystals. If you are interested in continuing but would like to explore how Route will best work for your store, please reach out to csm@route.com and we’d be happy to assist.

Hope you had a lovely weekend,

Banana Split DK

Location Denmark

Probably the worst app I've ever attempted to use. And their customer service is also not the best. I emailed them for a month as the app was bugging my checkout flow and I lost sells due to them, but I still wanted to use the app and their answer after making me wait this long was "I have just asked the implementation team about this issue and they let me know that it won't be fixed anytime soon considering the backlog of bugs currently in queue. They are also having a difficult time replicating the issue so it will take a while to fix. I don't have an ETA from them on when this could be fixed. I'm terribly sorry about that, but I will keep this ticket in my "on-hold" queue and let you know when I have any updates." A literal "we don't care!".

March 1, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks so much for relaying your experience to us. Our sincerest apologies for the implementation bug and delay as our team is working through a log of over 7k merchants on a variety of platforms. We were able to connect with them last week to prioritize your website snag and do everything we can to make things right.

We are so sorry you felt our initial response was inadequate. Our logs show we responded within our usual 24-48 business hour goal and helped solve that initial checkout error on the same day you reached out. We apologize that your implementation snag persisted and that the implementation delay caused frustrations.

We’re showing that our team was able to take a deeper dive into the issue and found that the checkout error was a result of the general network and Shopify network speed in Denmark. It appears there have been several other merchants experiencing similar snags that are also unrelated to the Route app:

1) https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Cart-error-message/td-p/780481
2) https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Urgent-PLEASE-Cart-error/td-p/583948

Again, our sincerest apologies for the abnormal implementation wait and for any inconveniences you’ve experienced while working through your website troubles.

While one of our specialists was able to email you directly with this information, should you run into any future questions please feel free to reach out to us directly via your Route email thread or here: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us.

ÉLÉVATIONE

Everything about their business model is broken. First off, they pitch you that Route is free to merchants. That's not true. They tack on their "protection-product" at checkout, and you pay merchant fees + Shopify commission on their plans. Secondly, the customer experience is awful. Put yourself in your customer's shoes, they order from you, and their package never arrives, despite the carrier saying they delivered it. First thing they do is contact you "hey where's my package?" You send them to route to file a claim, who then says "ok, it's probably stolen, go file a police report and upload it." Ok, when is the last time you filed a police report? Yeah, I didn't think so. So the customer is left frustrated, and harassing you. In the 5 months I used route, they approved a grand total of one claim, while making anywhere between $5k-$9k from us. Instead, move towards self-insuring. Call it package protection, offer it to your customers, and keep the money for a couple times a month you'll need to reship. Route is well funded, with an aggressive sales team, but in the end, their business model makes zero sense. If you'll think about it, you'll know I'm right. Worst of all, I'm pretty sure these guys have been paying off app developers who make competing products. A really well-built app shut down overnight and is now "recommending" route. *caugh *caugh.

February 9, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your candid feedback. We are always looking to improve our practices and greatly appreciate you sharing these details. Our sincerest apologies that your experience fell short of expectations, both with platform fees and Route protection policies.

In accordance with our policies, Route Package Protection is free for merchants and available for purchase to customers on the cart page. However, please note that if you use any 3rd party platforms such as Shopify or PayPal, they may incur their own separate fees.

We were able to look into your customer claims, and it appears that - out of those unapproved - the majority were filed either out of coverage timeframe or the customer was unresponsive after the request was sent to post a police report. Per Route policy, we do require short waiting periods for delivered (but not received) or stuck-in-transit items to ensure they weren't prematurely marked as delivered or temporarily held up en route. Additionally, we require police reports for high-priced orders delivered but not received to help us and local authorities track trends and ensure reorders arrive safely.

I hope this helps clarify your customer claim resolutions, but we are so sorry for any confusion caused regarding our package protection coverage and police report requirements. For a more detailed outline of our policies, please see: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041131194-Route-Package-Protection-Policies. Our specialists are trained to give step-by-step instructions on how to file a report, and we are so sorry if any information remained unclear for you and your customers. We have flagged this feedback to our team and are reviewing police report filing instructions to ensure they're as clear as possible.

We do currently offer features for merchants to customize their coverage to better fit their business practices and build a more seamless customer service flow. Should you be interested in exploring those options in the future, feel free to reach out to us at merchantsupport@route.com.

Again, we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience, but we are truly sorry for any frustration or misunderstandings caused regarding platform fees or protection policies.

Please let us know if you have further feedback or questions, and we'd be happy to assist.