Route ‑ Protection & Tracking

Route ‑ Protection & Tracking

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.1)
Developer
4.1
October 6, 2022

We used the app for several years but support stopped responding to me when I asked with help uninstalling The app has been glitchy in our cart for several months and support always told me it was working as expected I wouldn't recommend this app to anyone

Blonyx
Time spent using app: About 3 years
RouteApp LLC replied October 13, 2022

Hi there,

We appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback, and I am so sorry to hear of these concerns.

Our team would be happy to connect with you to help resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please feel free to contact your designated Customer Success Manager, or reach out through our help center here: https://route.com/help-center, at any time.

September 14, 2022

This is the worst app to work with. Very shady business!!! Creating orders on my store without consent or notifying, refunding orders without my consent and without notifying me. Has not been approving claims due to "Cosmetic damage". DO NOT WORK WITH ROUTE, WORST MISTAKE I HAVE DONE!!!

THE MIGHTY HOBBY SHOP
Time spent using app: 10 months
RouteApp LLC replied September 22, 2022

Hi there,

Thank you for sending in your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experiences with our product and team have not been the experience we aim to give.

If you have questions or concerns regarding replacement orders and refunds or our policies followed when approving and denying Order Issues you are more than welcome to reach out to your designated CSM directly or to our team through this link: https://route.com/help-center. We are here to help!

July 29, 2022

Just downloaded Route for our store. I asked route to download their app on a duplicate theme to make sure things go smoothly. Horrible, many of their widgets are active on our LIVE THEME without me even knowing and made many bugs in our cart system. Lost more than half of our revenues in three days. Trying to get my manager to call me ASAP, she says "we have a meeting coming up". This is a horrible experience so far! Can't believe this!

Nordic Peace
Time spent using app: 15 days
RouteApp LLC replied August 2, 2022

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We do strive to give the best possible support for every situation, and we apologize that we missed the mark here.

After review, it looks like our Implementation team was able to send you some detailed information on Friday, July 29th surrounding the concern you were running into, and I am so glad they were able to offer you that assistance!

If you haven't already, you can reach out to your CSM Cameron, directly and he will be able to schedule a call with you to go through some of your preferences moving forward.

You can also reach out to our team here: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us at any time and we will be happy to step in and assist.

May 10, 2022

This app ruins by profit reporting because it enters prices for the protection packages without entering associated costs. Have made several requests for them to address this and they have not. Doesn't seem like a difficult request.

yenomze
Time spent using app: 3 months
RouteApp LLC replied June 7, 2022

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We do strive to give the best possible support for every situation, and we apologize if we missed the mark with this concern.

To help give further context, Shopify uses a ‘closed-cart’ system which makes Route an actual product in your store. This allows Route to increase the total cart value. This is then what enables the customer to pay for protecting their order. Route does have to exist as a product to function on the Shopify platform, and all of those variants that exist are for the widget to pull the correct one when calculating.

Should you have further questions or concerns for us about this process, please know you can reach out to us at https://routeapphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and we will be more than happy to help!

May 9, 2022

We had this app in our store for a while before noticing that it was messing with the way our cart functioned. We had a lot customers email in letting us know that when they tried to remove the shipping protection from the cart, it would remove another item. We showed Route this issue and they told us that they would get it resolved. After multiple emails back and forth over months with our account manager Kolby, they just stopped responding and gave up I guess. It is just disappointing to be lead on whilst you could have moved on to another solution. It just sucks to edit all of our FAQs and things now and then start looking for a different solution.

Hours
Time spent using app: About 1 year
RouteApp LLC replied May 16, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I am sorry there have been issues with your removing Route from your customer's cart as well as haven't heard back from your account manager. I understand how frustrating that can be since you have been working out this issue for months! I

Again, I am sorry for all the trouble you have had with Route working on your site. Please feel free to reach out to our team if you have further questions at: https://routeapphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

April 15, 2022

Banner is not showing properly on mobile and desktop. Option does not appear at checkout. Contacted customer service atleast 5x for days and NO RESPONSE. Terrible service!

WholeBodyPlus
Time spent using app: 10 months
RouteApp LLC replied May 16, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I am sorry you had a delayed response regarding your banner! I do see one of our agents was able to get you taken care of. We appreciate your patience on the matter and please reach out if you have any further problems regarding your banner. Thanks and enjoy your day!

March 31, 2022

As the logistics manager for the shop, I've contacted Route support multiple times now regarding an issue where the system doesn't allow us to pass step 9 of onboarding. The app allows us to go through the entire process and clicking the "continue" button of step 9 would be the final action to take. However, no matter the device or browser used it simply does nothing. When it's closed out and relaunched It is stuck on a limited access portal screen. We have had to delete and reinstall the app multiple times with no luck. I am sure this is internal because a few days ago I set up this app on another store. So it seems like there is an issue completeing onboarding on this shopify account. I am only giving it 1 star because at the very least we should have received a response from support. They have never replied or contacted us back. I hope we never need support with the other shop.

Tian Zevon
Time spent using app: 2 days
RouteApp LLC replied April 8, 2022

Hello there,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out! I am sorry you have had any problems with your onboarding experience. I do see we responded on April 1, 2022, with a possible solution. If that doesn't work, please respond back to that email and we would be happy to help you further.

We appreciate your patience regarding your onboarding and look forward to hearing from you.

Edited March 4, 2022

My experience with Route was the worst I've had with any Shopify app. They have everything set up nicely to entice you to sign up and make sure they get paid from your customers opting in for protection. It took 40 days for me to get my claim reimbursed and countless excuses as to why week after week I couldn't get my payment. Also, be prepared to pay for the claims yourself then fight to get your money back from route. They don't send notification before the charges are reversed or when a claim is filed just be prepared to be surprised by a negative balance in your shopify store. It took me contacting Shopify merchant support to get my claim reimbursed. I definitely do not recommend this app.

A Taste Of Africa
Time spent using app: 5 months
RouteApp LLC replied March 10, 2022

Hello there,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We're sorry for any issues regarding your reimbursements. I do see there was a bug in the software we use that caused delays in receiving your reimbursement. I understand how incredibly frustrating that can be. However, it was fixed and you should be receiving your payout.

For any claims paid outside of those filed with Route, we require the merchant to let us know so we can reimburse them. I do apologize if this causes any inconvenience. Please reach out if you have any further questions at: https://routeapphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

February 25, 2022

nope, very difficult to get a hold of someone and when you do they tell you to email someone else. It has been 2 months and still have yet to get someone to answer my question.

Son Mias
Time spent using app: 6 months
RouteApp LLC replied March 10, 2022

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry you have had trouble reaching out to someone to answer your questions. I do see we had to have our billing department look over those charges for you and a customer success manager will be reaching out to go over any discrepancies. You can also access your billing information here: https://dashboard.route.com/admin/reimbursements

We truly appreciate your patience and will be talking with you soon!

January 10, 2022

Do not download this app. It is diffcult to install and when you email for help nobody responses or they transfer you to a different department that takes even longer to respond. I have a business to run I get a lot of orders, I can't wait all day for you guys to have some professionalism and help me with your app.

Addicted To The Doll House
Time spent using app: 5 days
RouteApp LLC replied January 24, 2022

Hello there,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We are so sorry you have had a rough time installing Route. We can understand how frustrating that can be. If you are still not fully installed, please reach out to CSM@route.com. Our team would be happy to help you finish getting that set up.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at: https://routeapphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and we'd be happy to help!