Smart Search & Instant Search

Smart Search & Instant Search

by Searchanise

Smart Search, Auto Filter, Cross & Upsells to boost conversion

Exact Tooling

We used this app for almost 3 years and now they are trying to charge us 5 times more per monthly fee. We have found other search apps which charge a fraction of the cost and will be moving our business to another app. I would not recommend this app if you are planning to grow your business and this app will try to squeeze as much out of you as they can. They have tried to threaten us a few times with price increases. We also had horrible customer service from their rep Olga Skalkina. I guess its time for us to go to another 5 star rated search app, luckily there are many on the shopify app store!

September 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear you have felt threatened, however it seems what you are describing were the two standard notification letters in regards to the number of products in your store exceeding the limits of the subscription plan.
When you first signed up with our service in June 2018, the number of products in your store was within the 20-50 thousand range. At the moment this number is 1 722 493.
For the past 6 months, we have been negotiating the cost of the service plan for you. However, despite such significant growth of your store inventory, you were not ready to pay for a corresponding subscription. The whole time we had to increase the use of our resources to ensure the appropriate quality of search in your store. We are very sorry to know that rather than arranging to pay the correct price you prefer manipulating with a negative review.

dolface.com

is not working properly with my pages. when i click on the brushes tab for example, it doesn't show me just brushes. It shows me all of my products in general...fix this

Bacovado

AVOID!!!
Highly misleading pricing. They do offer you a 30 day trial, but then try to charge you $30 instead of the price they show in the shopify app store. When contacted they suddenly show you a completely different pricing plan, which is not displayed anywhere in the appstore, and offer you a special yearly discount of 30% (which they offer anybody who pays yearly).

April 5, 2019

Hi,

We are sorry to know you got confused by our pricing. Let me explain the situation in detail.

You have a Shopify Plus store. Searchanise offers specific pricing for Shopify Plus stores which can be found here on our site: https://start.searchanise.com/shopify_plus/

The difference in pricing is noted on the Shopify App Store page of Searchanise: http://joxi.net/bmo4eVXt3MWPx2 and on the Shopify landing page on our site: http://joxi.ru/8AneYVnszqVPD2

The correct price which suits your store is shown to you in the Searchanise admin panel right from the moment you install the app.

The discount was offered to you because we understood that you may have got confused and decided to meet you halfway. Please note that we offered you a monthly discount active for 12 months. It is not the same discount which is offered for one-time yearly payment.

Hope this makes the situation clearer. We are willing to make our pricing policy as transparent as it can be. We will be glad to consider any suggestions from you on how we can improve our pricing pages so that they did not get you confused.

Thank you for your feedback.

Angelina
Searchanise Team

Brothers With Glass

The app never worked well on mobile, buggy and sometimes simply wouldn't work. Liked most of the other features of the app and it worked well but this bug caused us to have to find another solution.

Kayvarstore

worked for a few days but have stopped working since. i have a big store, not sure if that's the reason.

Negatives:

1) My prices stopped showing and while support has been replying me daily, they couldnt solve the problem so they escalated it to the developer. Been 2 days, still no progress. I have a live store, what should i do?

2) Since im in their trial version, they asked me to upgrade. In their email, it is stated that if i upgrade within the next 2 days, i will get a 30% discount. The truth is, I can upgrade by the end of the trial to get the same discount, which is published on your app page:

So i'm not entirely sure if i getting a good deal just by upgrading in the next 2 days

Pros: It's has fast search, but not faster than instant search+ or even comes close.

Having said that, the cost is no where near instant search+ also. Bang for your buck if you need a custom search solution but cannot afford other premium solutions like instant search+ / agolia

That being said, this an honest review and not out to bash the app developers or the people who sent their email promotions. The app did breakdown half way through trial and getting no solution in 2 days on a live store is not acceptable. Who knows what will happen next if i choose to subscribe? If a solution can be delivered, I will adjust the ratings.

Also, don't sed out emails like that mentioned in point 2. I really though i was getting a great deal until i found out that the price is the same. Bad move man.

Pinestreet

We've had serious issues with this app.. Not thrilled with the customer service, either. There are a lot of other search apps, so you should keep on searching, too...

May 28, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to know you are disappointed with our service.

We confirm we did not change our pricing. As far as I can see, your subscription was suspended because of the payment failure. We sent several email notifications before your Searchanise subscription was suspended.

We are really willing to figure out why your emails were left without reply. Our duty is to provide assistance promptly to all the customers with any requests. I've sent an email to you where I ask for additional details so that we could sort the issue out.

Hope we'll clarify the situation and you'll change your opinion on our service. We really appreciate you chose Searchanise and keep using it.

Looking forward to your reply.
Angelina