Smart Search & Instant Search

Smart Search & Instant Search

by Searchanise

Smart Search & Filters, Cross & Upsells to boost conversion

Shop Vanillapup

App is really useful in providing a better search experience for my customers. From the analytics, I'm able to see what my customers are searching for (and not getting results), as well as what they are searching for using the wrong spelling and how Smart Search helps to suggest relevant results. This wasn't possible without the app.

Besides the awesome functionality, I have to say that the customer support is amazing. I asked them to try and make the default search page look more like my theme's collection page, and they were instantly on it, making numerous changes to perfect the look and feel through CSS customisations. The team didn't get it right the first time (or the second time), but there was no hesitation in working on the feedback I gave them. To me, that's going above and beyond what anyone would expect, and so kudos to the team.

I'd definitely recommend Smart Search and Instant Search to other shop owners.

Review update: I'd still recommend the app for the search function. However, getting the developers to help fix the look and feel of the search page has been incredibly frustrating. Sure, they have been willing to help, but they have not been able to fix the issues despite repeated explanations. My search page only looks 'satisfactory' on a full-screen browser, and once I resize the browser, the responsiveness doesn't work and images start to overlap the text, labels are out of place and spacing is inconsistent. Unfortunately, the customer service doesn't seem to acknowledge or understand the issue and the problems persist after months of trying.

If you have your own CSS capabilities, by all means this is a good app. If you need to rely on their developers to perfect the look and feel, my experience is that it's going to be a challenge.

Chamberlain Music

EDIT (July 2019): Finally the Searchanise team have started thinking about variants. Still very buggy (e.g. has lost the ability to show the most relevant variant, treats single-variant products as multi-variant, new data-variant-sku attribute doesn't update properly, and some filters have broken as part of the update), and still doesn't link to the correct variant, but a step in the right direction.

Good relevance algorithm and speedy response but crucial variant information is missing from results. This means that customers might think e.g. a product only comes in one colour or the most expensive size. Searches for specific option values (e.g. 'Blue shoes') will return the correct image but won't link to the pictured variant, and there is not enough information returned in the code to amend the hrefs after the event (without calling the Shopify AJAX API for every returned result = waaaaay too slow).

I've had to introduce a handful of JS hacks for other things that *can* be fixed this way, but repeated requests from me for small but significant improvements have been ignored.

Don't get me wrong, for the money this is definitely worthwhile - much cheaper and easier than indexing your own inventory (especially large catalogues like ours), and obviously a hell of a lot better than Shopify's in-built system, just be prepared to spend a fair amount of time faffing with code to get it looking and acting as you want. And don't expect any help from these guys - they never reply to emails.

I'll up this to 5 stars if the developers cater for products with variants!

July 18, 2019

We are sorry your experience with our service has been frustrating. We are constantly in the process of improving the functionality of our app as well as our service and highly value your feedback as we strive to get better. As mentioned in our earlier messages, our team is working on your requests and we will notify you as soon as there is an update. We appreciate your time and patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

The Art Gallery Shop NYC

I wish I was able to upload photo with the communication with the company. By far one of the worst when fixing complicated situations. I gave them a three since they tried, but the app search result was not targeting search terms, hence it wasnt ever close. I would search for picasso and it would give me grant wood for and 20 differnt artist not even close to the artist or the artist style. In addition, it slowed down my store by over 1000 b, and has render blocks, and js script that google is hurting my seo and not being seen by google, bing and yandex...so, the app needs to work on these things, I asks for solutions and they gave me some excuse....you make your decision. I rather pay 100 for a search app to better seo then hurt my seo....oh, then I started getting moblie app incompatibility that was taking to long to fix. To many issue, now it 4th quarter....60% of my business comes from mobile.

Designeroptics Com

Edit May 11 2018
So they reached out to me a little over a week ago after the review was posted, and it took another full week for them to respond to my reply, then I spoke with them on the phone and discussed all issues,

they told me i was correct about the search on mobile and that by tomorrow (which is today) it will be fixed, and as far as integrating with shopperapproved who is the only reasonable priced google approved review aggragator they will need the API to get that done,

So we got them all that information and had shopperapproveds team and them in one email and shopper approved replied with all instructions, but they just ignored those emails! which is amazong, here we have a filter that integrates with 4 review apps, of which only one YOPTO is approved for google, and they cost a min of $10000 a year, and here we have shopperapproved, which only cost around $3000 a year, willing to work with them and make it work and they ignore it completely,

you guys have a great search and filter app PLEASE make it even better by integrating with shopperapproved.

I upgraded to 3 stars because they fixed the bug and now mobile works like a bless, the filters are amazing,

Part 1 the product,
the product is probably a 3 star, and here is why,

for search on mobile it does not work as it should, the filters disappear before you can choose a filter. so there alone you loose half or more of the visitors that cannot use the filters,

for desktop it works great, that is why it gets 3 stars on filters,

Part 2 navigation

Navigation on the other hand could of been a good product if they just let you display product ratings from anyone, and they done, they have only 4 product review system they integrate, and of those 4 only 1 is an approved google review aggregator, and that is yopto and they cost a minimum of 10K a year which is above almost any small business budget,

when asked if we can integrate to another company we use their answer was only with enterprise, and the price would be $269 a month when asked why on the site it shows $132 a month for enterprise? they answered because we have modifications, which makes no sense, that is a one time change not a monthly!

when we replied saying we are seriously considering their enterprise version and we would like to talk to someone on the phone their reply was, WE DO NOT OFFER PHONE SUPPORT! are you serious? we are talking about spending with you 1000's and upgrading to ENTERPRISE and you have no phone support? that is ridiculous!

all in all, if you do not care of product reviews then use it, if you care about product reviews and you need your product reviews to be submitted to google, and be displayed on the category pages, then look for something else,

Expression Tees

App used to work great. Recently I noticed many of my items were not displaying when searching for our SKU. I was basically told - the platform our search is built on has trouble searching for numbers.

So it is a search app that is not able to search. Go figure.

It has a lot of great features and is pretty robust. However this limitation is mind-boggling, and their response made absolutely no sense. Especially since it worked perfectly fine just a few months ago.

It displays 3 of 11 results when searching for the part number in every instance. Very frustrating. Whatever change they made essentially made the app useless for us, as part number is a major way we search for our store. The native search built into shopify works fine, but somehow this paid app can't do even this basic search.

I will be deleting and looking for another alternative search that can actually do a search.

Vanitiesdepot Com

The search itself works very well. But I have problems seamlessly integrating with the theme. They had made changes and in the process created a lot of JS conflicts costing me a lot of time cleaning up. I had emailed them asking to try again but made them aware of what to look for in order to avoid another disaster. Nearly a week later.....crickets.

Wholesale 247

Great app, we sell over 8000 wholesale lines on http://www.wholesale247.co.uk and needed a way to help our buyers select items from Home & Garden, Stationary, Toys, DIY etc, this has been a perfect app for us