Build Customer Segments
We automatically build 15+ customer segments native to your store’s order history, refreshed daily. Build your own with filters & tags.
Sync To Email Marketing
Segment lists sync directly to your email marketing with one click. Send personalized campaigns across different customer lifecycle stages.
Analyze Data & Insights
You can only improve what you measure. Use key metrics & insights like AOV, CLV, customer journey, and product affinity to keep improving!
About Segments Analytics
Enterprise-grade segmentation & insights
Merchants need to leverage data effectively to stand out in today's hyper-competitive marketplace. Data science is too expensive, and experienced talent is near impossible to recruit. Segments Analytics was created by two former data scientists from Linkedin to provide enterprise-grade analytics to stores. Our mission is to empower merchants with advanced analytics and segmentation, at a fraction of the cost.
We want to give ecommerce data powers back to the people.
Segments is for merchants & marketers who wish to:
- Send more personalized marketing using customer lifecycle segments
- Build custom segments with advanced customer and order attributes, including tags
- Connect directly with email marketing services like Klaviyo and Mailchimp
- Measure performance across 30+ metrics and insights including average order value, customer lifetime value, and churn risk
- Automate all of the above
- Work directly with experienced data scientists
Stores get more benefit out of Segments if they have:
- 100+ orders per month
- 2500+ total customers
- 50+ SKUs
- 3+ months of order history
Agencies managing multiple stores use Segments to:
- Scale analytics and reporting using our automated metrics, insights, and funnel analytics
- Save time and money on preparation, turning 5 hours per client into 5 minutes ($30k per year) of compiling the most relevant metrics and analytics into a comprehensive report
- Grow their services with advanced data science — as technical as RFM segmentation to beautiful visual indicators of the customer journey
- Generate new growth opportunities with customer lifecycle stages, prioritized by potential spend and CLV
Key benefits and features
- 15+ automated customer segments with tagging
- Customer lifecycle opportunities grid to prioritize based on spend potential
- Advanced filtering of customer and product segments, including tags, geography, and product attributes
- Executive summary with custom date ranges for historical reporting
- Weekly report of funnel analytics across customer acquisition, activation, retention, and churn
- 30+ KPIs and metrics like AOV, CLV, ARPU, repeat purchase rate, and churn
- Integration with top email marketing services like Klaviyo and Mailchimp
- Export to Facebook custom audience with CLV for easy lookalike campaigns
- Customer journey analytics for finding precise purchase cycles and product buying order
- Product analytics to find customer favorites, most purchased together, and other possible product bundles
- Save $$$ on email by suppressing low value and inactive user profiles
- Great replacement for various other tools like Google Analytics, Google Studio, Glew, Conversific, Kissmetrics, Hubspot, Mixpanel, Metrilo, ReSci, Retention
- Facebook Audience,
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
External charges may apply. These charges are billed by the external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Free to install
Always available, always free. Get 30 days of customer insights and performance metrics; only upgrade when needed.
30 days of data analysis
50 customers per export
30+ metrics including AOV, CLV
Automated segmentation, advanced analytics, and filtering & syncing up to 5,000 customers per segment
Everything in Free +
1 year of data analysis
5,000 customers per export
2 staff accounts
Customer filtering & analytics
Everything in Small Business + more historical data, more exports limit, and product analytics
2 years of data analysis
25,000 customers per export
5 staff accounts
Customer filtering & analytics
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 15 reviews
Most recent reviews
Animals Matter, Inc.
We have increased sales 45% for the month, compared to the same month last year, just from applying the recommendations Segments provides!
I can only imagine, as I gain a deeper understanding of our data analytics and the opportunities Segments reveals, the impact this app will continue to have on our company.
From the first order to loyal customers to churned customers, etc., you will see the areas that should be addressed and the opportunities you are missing. John Chao, cofounder of Segments is a data science expert of 15 years, math and stats wiz and cares about bringing big data to the small business.
We decided on the Enterprise plan and couldn’t be happier! Good Luck to you and your business and I highly recommend you give this app a full commitment for 30 days, to see what it can do for you!!
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We’re so glad you were able to increase sales and thanks for making us be part of your journey. What you said about “commitment” really struck a chord — we love to help but store operators need to commit and want to improve by putting in the work to understand their customers as well. We won’t stop working for you!
This app is great! Connect your Klaviyo and Shopify accounts and it gives you actionable data on your customer base, their purchase lifecycles, and things you should be doing to improve your metrics across new and repeat buyers.
Thanks for the review! We always adding more valuable insights to help our customers find opportunities to improve their marketing and boost ROI!
Do you like waisting your money? Neither do I, so that is exactly why you should choose Segments. It will open your eyes to how customers are spending their money and how you can use that to target more specific and prevent your business from leaving money on the table. This is a lot like taking the red pill and visualising the truth about your business and the best thing is you do not need to be a data analyst or whatnot.
No one likes wasting money! Thank you for the glowing review and "taking the red pill" with us to visualize what customers are doing. Let's grow with your data!