Seguno: Email Marketing

Seguno: Email Marketing

by Seguno

Email marketing in less time — right inside your shop's Admin

Earth and Elle

I use the app to stay in touch with customers, and I really like the Shopify integration. I'd really love to use it to help allow NEW subscribers to get to know me and my brand through an automated welcome series of up to 5 emails. Would love to see an automated welcome series on Seguno sometime soon! Great app but still feel there's a few key things missing, like an automated welcome series and landing pages. Thanks!

October 28, 2019

Thank you very much for the feedback! Email series' are currently on our to-do list as a high priority, we know how especially valuable they can be to the relationship between merchants and new customers. We do offer a few options for newsletter and unsubscribe landing pages, please feel free to reach out to support if you have any questions about how to customize these or any questions in general :)

Twinspiracy

This app is fine for a basic newsletter and auto-emails, however customization of language is limited, and there is no auto-email requesting reviews from purchasers. If this email template was available and some language customization was expanded, I would have rated this app higher.

September 24, 2019

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you using Seguno. You can definitely translate every bit of text for your emails, sorry if that wasn't easy to find. There's a shortcut button in the bottom-left corner of the Content page and Edit Language is also available within the Actions menu in the bottom-left corner within the editor. The word "unsubscribe" is special though so you just have to ask Support to change it for you. I'll reach out to ask what you'd like... As for review requests, it's definitely on our roadmap. For the time being, I'd recommend including a more generic ask as part of the two post-purchase automations... Please let us know if there's anything else. Thanks again! :)

Be Kind Botanicals, Inc.

The app does do what it says BUT it does not offer segmentation or anything else that mailchimp does. Unfortunately, klaviyo which DOES offer segmentation and other features is out of my reach however at some point, unless this app catches up with the needs of e-commerce owners, I will end up leaving Seguno.

September 9, 2019

Thank you for the review and for having used Seguno for a while now, we really appreciate it! As for segmentation, you can create customer groups within Shopify that are based on things like tags, time since last order, money spent, number of orders, etc. Then, you can target (or exclude) that customer group for your Seguno newsletters. It doesn't look like you've tried this out yet, does that cover your needs?

We do have an exciting roadmap and I'd love to hear more about the features you're interested in. I'll send you a separate email to discuss further. Thanks again!

Triple Theta

Honestly, I love this app and am a paying subscriber but would appreciate more customization triggers in automation and also more of a drag and drop customization for newletters similar to the way mailchimp does it

September 3, 2019

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the experience so far. We are working on some custom automation triggers so stay tuned for that. As for the editor, we've taken a slightly different approach than Mailchimp but I'd love to hear more about what you're interested in as we continue to evolve it and add more content. I'll reach out separately. Thanks again!

Iphone Cases Collective

Now that Mailchimp is gone this looks like a great alternative. I will say that the setup is a bit involved.

August 29, 2019

Thanks for the review. What part did you have trouble with? We'd love to help, please click the Talk To Support button inside the app to reach us.

True African Art

Seguno said in a recent newsletter that intend to charge people to pay for using a feature that would be building on what MailChimp may still be offering for free: This is the feature where you re-send the campaign or newsletter to the people who did not open it the first time. I loved this feature on MailChimp, where it was free at the time (early 2019) and I think still is. Seguno should try to at least match a main company's pricing schedule if they want to grow such a company reputation as MailChimp. Make it clean across the board so that the preference of the user is allowed, to choose which service they want to subscribe to. That way, you are already giving your customer a free choice, with everything priced at or below MailChimp feature prices. That's how you grow and that's how you give customer service. If you would allow this feature to be with the free plan, I'd be impressed.

Otherwise, great app, great at what they are doing...love the integration with Shopify menus etc. I totally trust this company because I've used their banner app for a number of years and their quick and precise customer service is top notch, and that app is great too. The mail marketing genre is already vast, so I would dare Seguno to add Messenger features like Octane, as that is the future of online email messaging.

August 6, 2019

Hey! Thanks so much for the review. We appreciate your kind words about our products/support and perspective on the product, we'll certainly take your feedback into consideration. We're thrilled you made the switch to Seguno and are taking advantage of that limited time offer we ran for those switching from Mailchimp so it's still free for you. Shortly after that, Mailchimp actually changed their pricing structure so it's no longer an apples to apples comparison. All contacts count toward Mailchimp tiers whereas we still only count active subscribers. Regardless, we have an exciting roadmap and are happy to have you along for the ride. Thanks again!

COZY DETAILZ

it is not very flexible if/when you want to add specific products for special collections.
And it should have different layouts for us to choose - like 3 products in a row, or some different layouts to choose from

July 11, 2019

Your feedback here is appreciated. You can play around with the number of products in a row (1-4) already but we do understand there are some customization limitations at this time. We are hoping to expand this even further as time goes on. Thanks for your review!

Socks by My Foot Fetish

This was my first time using it! It was easy to use and everything went out without any problems. I loved it. It's June, I was hoping for more but hey socks are not so much a hit in summer. I did get opens and purchases. I might need to work on my open line more. Especially since my biggest sale is in July. I'm crazy about Pomp and Circumstance, Fireworks, 4th of July! I could give my whole store away in July! Now Seguno just needs to help me do it!

August 6, 2019

Hey! Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to hear you're liking it so far and hope July was a great month for you! :) Please contact us if you ever need anything or are looking for ideas to help promote your socks, we're always happy to help and appreciate you using Seguno.

Mint & Vault

i would have given this 5 stars for sure! The concept is simple and great to have everything within Shopify. The UI is very simple and similar to Shopifys own. However i'm seeing that their "Spam Protect" feature is extremely aggressive, cutting my subscriber list down more than 85%!!!!!
I started cross-checking some of the emails marked under the "Spam" with a web based email validator and they came back "OK". 85% is way too high, I think this Spam filter needs to have the option to be turned off until they are able to refine their filtering method better. I'm hard pressed to keep this great app because of this! Considering uninstalling it until i can find a workaround, what a shame because I really like it. I had my hopes very high until I discovered this. I reached out to the company I hope they have a workaround. I'm eager to give this app an updated 5 star review!

June 18, 2019

We've spoken separately and I hope you're doing well. Please reach back out if you'd like to chat more but I thought I'd add my reply here to share some knowledge.
---
We really appreciate you trying our app and the kind words in your review. I completely understand where you're coming from, it can be shocking if a large percentage of your list gets cleaned. Please allow me to explain a bit more. Someone who subscribes themselves is likely to unsubscribe if they decide they no longer want your emails, you're right. The big problem here, however, are legitimate emails that get subscribed by spambots. When those people receive an email they didn't sign up for, they simply mark it as spam and that can ruin your sender reputation. A bad reputation with inbox providers means more emails go to the spam folder, which means less people see it and less revenue is generated. And the acceptable threshold for spam complaints is 1 per 1,000 emails sent so even getting 1 at your size starts you down a bad path.

There's more detail in our help article if you haven't seen it: What is Spam Protect? We didn't build Spam Protect initially, we built it in response to the crazy amount of spam complaints we saw being generated by smaller shops like yourself that were not doing anything wrong. We built it to defend against spambots. I'm not saying it's perfect and never wrong but we address those rare cases with customers directly as we continue to evolve the system. I know you mentioned using some online tests to check if they were OK but, unfortunately, those services are not helpful in this scenario for a number of reasons. First, any free email (like Gmail, Yahoo, etc) will always return OK because these services are primarily just checking if a mailbox exists there and the free inbox providers always say yes no matter what. Plus, as I mentioned, spambots use legitimate emails and one of the main reasons spambots exist is to hide other bad behavior. For example, someone may be trying to get into your bank account and they want to hide the email alert your bank sends about suspicious behavior amongst thousands of unsolicited emails that flood your inbox. Out of curiosity, which online service did you try? Most are more geared toward reducing bounces, not spam. Cleantalk.org is a better one to check for spam/compromised emails but no service is 100% accurate.

If you have any specific emails you want us to look into further, we certainly can. And if you have a specific email of someone you know personally or they reached out asking about not getting your emails then we can mark them as safe for your account. If you want to keep using Seguno though, and we really hope you do, then keeping Spam Protect active is required. If you decide Seguno is not for you then you can always export a CSV of those that were cleaned if you decide to resubscribe them in whatever app you migrate to or we're happy to resubscribe them for you too.

Phew, that was a lot of text so thanks for reading if you made it this far. And I can keep talking about this topic if you'd like to discuss it further, just let me know. We really try to help merchants be better senders without having to worry about all the complexities that go into that. I'm thrilled you like the experience and I really hope you choose to stick with us.

Thanks again,
Chris

Miijo Australia

I would really like to be able to send emails to specific groups of customers depending on what they are tagged or previously purchased etc. Also, sequence emails, not just a single email to welcome etc more of an on boarding or education series.

August 6, 2019

Hey! Thanks so much for your review. You can target specific groups of customers based on tags and some other information, please search our help docs for "recipients" to find a relevant article. We hope to expand that area as well but turning our automations into a series of emails is definitely on the list! We appreciate the feedback and you joining us on this journey :)

Previous 1