Seguno: Email Marketing

Seguno: Email Marketing

by Seguno

Email marketing in less time — right inside your shop's Admin

Joa Bath and Body

I like this app for the Shopify integration. So far it is working well, but we're still testing it out. Will update soon.

June 9, 2020

Hi there, thanks so much for giving Seguno a try! If you have any questions as you're testing the app out, please let us know through Support - we're here to help :) Also keep an eye out for our Intro webinar and an upcoming special on our latest improvement with Automation Series!

Gears Canada

As far as free apps go this one is the best one out there if you are beginner to email marketing. It was definitely the most easy to use. However, as of today Shopify has released its own native email marketing app which is even easier to use! I would recommend that you use Shopify's native app first and then consider Seguno's paid plan if you're looking for more features. That being said Seguno needs to reduce their pricing on the paid plan now that they are competing with Shopify (and so many other email marketing apps). Currently Seguno's paid plan offers:

• Removing the Seguno branding from the footer -- I AM ADVISING SEGUNO TO MAKE THIS IS A FREE FEATURE IN LIGHT OF THE COMPETITION THEY NOW FACE FROM SHOPIFY'S OWN APP
• Remailing non-openers -- RE-EMAILING PEOPLE IS A BAD IDEA TO BEGIN WITH SO I'M NOT SURE WHY THIS IS A PAID FEATURE IT SHOULD BE A FREE FEATURE
• Tag-triggered emails -- SHOPIFY ALLOWS THIS FOR FREE NOW WITH THEIR NATIVE APP SO THIS SHOULD ALSO BE A FREE FEATURE FOR SEGUNO
• Premium email sections (includes the Countdown, Flipbook, and more to come) -- SEGUNO DID A GOOD JOB WITH THIS!
• Product review request automation -- THIS IS A GOOD IDEA BUT REALISTICALLY ALL OF THE GOOD REVIEW APPS HAVE THEIR BUILT-IN AUTOMATED REVIEW REQUEST EMAILS

The special thing that Seguno offers is automations which is something they should build upon and make into a paid feature down the road. This is just my 2 cents.

My website: www.gearscanada.com

April 22, 2020

Thanks so much for your in-depth and honest feedback in your app review for Seguno: Email Marketing. We really appreciate the time you took to leave a helpful review with lots of substance, it does wonders for helping us improve the app.

While Shopify Email does allow you to send to a customer group based on a tag, which Seguno does for free as well, Seguno's tag-triggered emails are actually unique in that adding the tag to the customer's profile automatically triggers an individual email to that subscriber. There are lots of great use cases here, like having a welcome email for wholesale signups that skips the normal welcome email or maybe a 'thanks for attending our recent event' type of email. With some manual tagging or using another app that automatically tags based on purchase data, you could then automate some specific emails like thanking VIPs or product care instructions. Are there any use cases that come to mind for you? We have other types of automation we plan to add and will very soon be adding a new paid feature: series, which would allow all automations to send multiple emails over time. Lots more to come there!

Remailing non-openers can be powerful. A simple example is around holidays when people are getting a lot of emails and are more likely to miss things in their inbox. Or perhaps you're running a big promotion and want to remind people about it without bothering people that have already opened the email. It's not something you want to use all the time and there are best practices to follow but it works really well when used appropriately.

Thanks very much for your kind words about our premium sections such as Flipbook and Countdown, we've got more great sections we plan to add over time too. With regard to our review request automation, you are correct that most review apps do have their own built-in review request emails but this is more meant for those merchants using the free Shopify Product Reviews app.

We'll send you an email directly if you'd like to discuss some things further, thanks again for your feedback and suggestions :)

Bem Estar Essencial

All around good. They dont have simple triggers like, "if people buy from this collection...send x email", "if people buy this product send automation y". Its all with tagging the customer so it taaaaaaaaaaaaaakes forever to accomplish something.

April 2, 2020

Hello there, thanks very much for your honest feedback! We do hope to introduce more customized automations in the near future, so please stay tuned for that :)

Mandala Dream Co

Although I find the templates easy enough, I find the integration with Shopify unclear and clumsy. I initially moved my abandoned cart emails from Shopify to Seguno but then discovered it only sent under certain parameters that were not user based.

December 4, 2019

Hi there, thanks very much for your honest feedback, we really appreciate it! If there's anything you would like assistance with, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team as they'd be happy to help :) We do plan on making some changes to the types of customers you can reach with the abandoned cart email, so please stay tuned!

La Carne Premium Meat

I used this app because mailchimp stopped working with Shopify.. I wish there was a bit more flexibility in terms of drag and drop and controlling the way the newsletters appear on mobile. Also can't see analytics of newsletters at one glance which makes it a little time consuming to compare the efficiency of campaigns as I have to do it manually on excel

December 2, 2019

Hello there, thanks for your feedback. I reached out to you with additional information on some of the topics you mentioned here, we really appreciate your comments and suggestions!

NAYALI

Fairly Easy to Use - but miss being able to set up template via block system like Mailchimp. Just lot less design saavy.

December 2, 2019

Hey there, thanks for your feedback! I reached out to you via email regarding the topics you mentioned, please feel free to reach out to support at any time if you would like additional help on making the most out of Seguno's features :)

Twinspiracy

This app is fine for a basic newsletter and auto-emails, however customization of language is limited, and there is no auto-email requesting reviews from purchasers. If this email template was available and some language customization was expanded, I would have rated this app higher.

September 24, 2019

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you using Seguno. You can definitely translate every bit of text for your emails, sorry if that wasn't easy to find. There's a shortcut button in the bottom-left corner of the Content page and Edit Language is also available within the Actions menu in the bottom-left corner within the editor. The word "unsubscribe" is special though so you just have to ask Support to change it for you. I'll reach out to ask what you'd like... As for review requests, it's definitely on our roadmap. For the time being, I'd recommend including a more generic ask as part of the two post-purchase automations... Please let us know if there's anything else. Thanks again! :)

Be Kind Botanicals, Inc.

The app does do what it says BUT it does not offer segmentation or anything else that mailchimp does. Unfortunately, klaviyo which DOES offer segmentation and other features is out of my reach however at some point, unless this app catches up with the needs of e-commerce owners, I will end up leaving Seguno.

September 9, 2019

Thank you for the review and for having used Seguno for a while now, we really appreciate it! As for segmentation, you can create customer groups within Shopify that are based on things like tags, time since last order, money spent, number of orders, etc. Then, you can target (or exclude) that customer group for your Seguno newsletters. It doesn't look like you've tried this out yet, does that cover your needs?

We do have an exciting roadmap and I'd love to hear more about the features you're interested in. I'll send you a separate email to discuss further. Thanks again!

Triple Theta

Honestly, I love this app and am a paying subscriber but would appreciate more customization triggers in automation and also more of a drag and drop customization for newletters similar to the way mailchimp does it

September 3, 2019

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the experience so far. We are working on some custom automation triggers so stay tuned for that. As for the editor, we've taken a slightly different approach than Mailchimp but I'd love to hear more about what you're interested in as we continue to evolve it and add more content. I'll reach out separately. Thanks again!

Iphone Cases Collective

Now that Mailchimp is gone this looks like a great alternative. I will say that the setup is a bit involved.

August 29, 2019

Thanks for the review. What part did you have trouble with? We'd love to help, please click the Talk To Support button inside the app to reach us.

Previous 1