About Sell Products by Weight in POS
Add sell-by-weight items directly into your Shopify POS cart!
*JUNE 2021: If you are using Android, the "New" Shopify POS for Android causes issues with our app. If you have an Android device and are encountering issues, please email us at email@example.com*
Our app enables stores of all kinds to sell products by weight in-person using Shopify POS - farmstands, grocery stores, butcher shops, spice shops, zero waste refill businesses, pet food stores, apothecaries, feed and farm supply stores, nursery and garden centers, plus many more! Simply enter the total weight and select your item, and our app will automatically calculate the total price and insert that item into your Shopify POS cart, complete with the product's unit price and total weight.
Do you need decimal support for a non-weight based unit of measure (e.g., lumber sold per bd/ft)? If so, email us as we may be able to accommodate!
Key features (Point of Sale)
- Add tax-exempt line-items and products with special tax overrides**
- Vendor, product type, product cost (COGS) included in Shopify sales reporting**
- Automatic inventory / stock adjustment (please see FAQ after installing our app)**
- Input tare (container) weight
- Create and add custom sale weighed items on the spot
- Support for lb, kg, oz, and g weight units; pricing per 100g also available
- Support for international currencies and formatting
- Scale integration available as add-on feature
**New Shopify POS for iOS (iPhone, iPad) only
Key features (Web, in BETA)
- View and set a given product's decimal inventory quantity
- Link preset, fractional variants sold online to a master inventory product, similar to a Bundles-type app, and have it automatically deduct inventory
- Example: You sell spices online and have set variants of 0.25kg, 0.5kg and 1kg. You would link these variants to a master inventory tracking product, and when customers purchase these variants we deduct the respective quantity from your master inventory product
- Scale integration is an add-on feature and also requires a hardware adapter that we sell. Please email us with your store's location and we can provide a list of compatible scales
- Please note that the shipping scales sold directly from Shopify are NOT compatible
- Feature currently not available in Australia
COMING IN LATE 2021: Sell by decimal weight online + adjust online order to exact weight ("catch weight"). **We are seeking beta testers to better understand your online sell-by-weight use case, please contact us!**
Does your business already have a label-printing scale that prints random weight / price-embedded barcodes? If so, check out our other app in the Shopify App Store ("Price Embedded Barcode Scanner").
Use this app while selling in person with Shopify point of sale.
Pricing 14-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD.
** Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Park Market & Refillery
App is great. Service is even better. Very responsive and has made improvements to the app at request.
Thank you so much Jeff for your kind review! Wishing you and Erika the best with Park Market & Refillery.
The app extension works seamlessly as advertised and is simple to learn and use. Setup and customer care has been above and beyond expectations. I would highly recommend filljoy.
Thank you so much Malachi, I really admire what you've accomplished so far with Asch Building. Best of luck!
Black Forest Wood Co.
We had to change our POS from another platform to Shopify POS. Our business relies heavily on decimal prices for our lumber store. (board foot)
After trying another app we realized the other app doesn't change inventory amounts. This app does!
This app was the only accurate and usable solution for selling in decimals in the POS. We contacted the support team to change the units that is displayed and printed. Instead of lbs it shows bd/ft. They did this with no problems. Thanks!
Without this app we may not have been able to use the Shopify POS at all. Thanks so much!
Thank you so much Richard for the kind review, glad we were able to help!