Sendinblue Email Marketing

Newsletter, Email Marketing & SMS, Marketing Automation

Free to install. External charges may apply.

HÄNG

Great app until something breaks. For weeks a technical error on their side has prevented several hundred users from unsubscribing. Their handling has been atrocious with sending over sensitive client data in cleartext and not proactively notifying us. We've been asked to manually validate hundreds of emails without any refunds being offered.

Real Bed

Update #2:
So they re-enabled my account and got me to change my review to a more positive one. Surprise! Two ecards later, suspended again. So I'm giving up. They have unrealistic open expectations. Basically useless unless you are some kind of marketing super power don't bother with the set-up. Too bad. Update: I have updated my star rating to five stars. Sendinblue has reached out to me, which I appreciate, and we are giving it another go. As I said in my initial review, it is a very intuitive app for Shopify and overall I have had great success. It's easy to use and provides a good selection of tools. The issue with open rates is tricky for them and I understand their need to help prevent spam. Hopefully, by segmenting my lists better I can avoid the dreaded suspension. If you use them, think out your touch points carefully to maximize effect and to avoid appearing spammy. Initial review:
Unless you have a 8% open rate on every email, don't bother using them. My account was suspended the day before Thanksgiving after over two years of use because my last two emails didn't get an open rate of 8%. I sell a single high value item that has a very long purchase cycle. People just don't open every email unless they are ready to buy. My small list is strictly from sign ups with an email to opt out. Sendinblue reinstated my account for a single email then suspended it again because under 8% open. Now what? I have to reconfigure my site with a new provider. Thanks Sendinblue! On a positive note, it has been an easy to use system that integrates well with Shopify. Unfortunately, they are not suitable to use unless you expect miraculous open rates. I would have voted five stars for them but alas... appears they love their brand more than mine.

November 30, 2021

Hi there,

Dulé here from Sendinblue, I hope this response finds you well!

Sarah from our support team reached out to you (ticket 2685852) and your account is validated.

We like your brand a lot and it is super important to get a good night's sleep 🛏️.

Your feedback is appreciated and our north star is doing what is best for our customers. Hope we can make others more comfortable knowing they’ll get the support they need should an issue with our services arise.

Stay healthy, stay safe.

dule@sendinblue.com

iP4G

Absolutely the worst company I have attempted to do business with.
They said I failed some algorithm for "security" and refuse to tell me how to address the issue! They even refunded my money with no explanation! This is no way to do business!
My advice, stay from any company that refuses your business and won't tell you why!!!
Michael Valadez
President
iPan4Gold.com

FourLeggedBabies

Horrible app. I paid for the services but got an email saying the account will be verified after 24 hours they told us that we can not continue their services as we do not qualify for the verification. after sending all the sceenshorts everything legit after purchasing the plan for a month. they barred our account.

October 20, 2021

Hi Vani,

Apologies for any confusion and inconvenience caused. You are fully refunded for the app charges. We always want to provide a stellar experience for our users and we fell short this time.

As Kate explained in the support inquiry we responded to on October 18th, 2021 at Sendinblue we believe that emails have to be expected by the recipients. While we do realize you are not a European brand or selling in Europe, as Sendinblue processes and stores its databases within the European Union, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other rules concerning the protection of personal data are enforced.

✔️the contact has to check a checkbox to subscribe to your newsletter AND the registration checkbox CAN’T be pre-checked

I know this is not an ideal solution but in order to use our services, the auto-checked box would need to be disabled. https://snipboard.io/BrdINM.jpg

I hope that helps. We'd love to hear your thoughts on the app more generally and I reached out to you via email. Please let me know if I can help.

Subject line: Issue with Sendinblue 🐶

Dulé
dule@sendinblue.com

Herzensbuch

It is not working! I was not able to make it work although I installed and deinstalled several times.

June 2, 2021

Hello, thank you for your feedback and I'd like to apologize for the poor experience. We just reached out to you over email, please let us know how we can help. Our support is always ready and willing to answer questions to help you get started.

If you'd like to discuss in more detail - please feel free to reach out directly to dule@sendinblue.com and I'll be happy to help.

Dulé

The Honey Pot Energy and Art

You're in it for a journey!!!! I had an issue with the abandoned cart emails workflow, and after a lot of back and forth with the customer service (who kept asking the same questions), they marked my support ticket as Resolved even though nothing was done. NB: I'm on a paid plan
Ticket ID #2079415

April 29, 2021

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback and want to make sure that you continue to be happy with Sendinblue. I hope we were able to get the issue sorted out. If not, we would still love to connect and help you solve the issue you're running into.

Feel free to respond to our Support email or you can reach me directly at dule@sendinblue.com and I'll be happy to help!

Irving's Premium Foods

We tried this app and found it was slow and lacking in some areas. As an example, we added a field and tried to create a filter on this field. We tried different ways, but none worked. We were also disappointed with the lack of support.

April 29, 2021

Hi there. I'm very sorry you had a poor experience. We are doing our best to improve the plugin every day and every review is useful to this.

Thanks again for trying Sendinblue, we wish you all the best.

lestoilesdularge

avec la nouvelle version on perdue toutes les info chiffre et autre qui descendai de shopify!! l'ancienne version marchait beaucoup mieux

FestivalKits.dk

Unbelievable how bad this app is, abandoned cart integration is not even made for Shopify, and it has the worst documentation and support.

January 31, 2020

Dear FestivalKits.dk,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our plugin. I'm Noelia Santa Ana and I'm the community and brand builder for Sendinblue. Your feedback is very valuable. I reviewed your case with our product & customer care teams, and yes you are right - as for now, it is not possible to track abandoned cart events via our plugin. In order to do this, it will require some customized development.

However, I have raised this issue to our product team. We are very aware of the current restrictions our plugin has every time a user makes any customizations. We are working on relaunching an improved plugin.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Noelia

Apostolic Clothing

I used this app in the past and in the middle of a very high time, my contacts and emails were frozen. We could not do any marketing for a while for an "investigation" to finish. Later it would literally be black friday weekend and our email service was frozen again for yet another "investigation" and no one answered us throughout the whole holiday weekend and even after cyber Monday. They do not care about your success and this is really the worst CS experience Ive seen.

January 23, 2020

Dear Apostolic Clothing,

I'm Noelia Santa Ana and I'm the community and brand builder at Sendinblue. I'm really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our Shopify plugin and platform. Working in marketing myself, I completely understand why you would be so frustrated with all of these issues and investigation processes at such a critical time of the year.

I have raised this issue to our product team. They are very aware of the current problems our plugin has every time a user makes any customizations. We are actively working on relaunching an improved plugin to avoid these complications in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback, and please accept our deepest apologies for letting you down during a high season. We are certainly striving to be better, and we can only do that if we know when we mess up.

If you're open to it, I would be happy to connect with you on LinkedIn to discuss your journey with Sendinblue a bit more as well. Feel free to reach out!

Noelia