SendOwl

SendOwl

by SendOwl

Sell digital files and downloads

lolodidit

I have used this app well over a year now. I never have issues at all. Their support articles are awesome. And when I DO have a question, both times I've reached out to their support email, they have gotten back to me quickly with the answer + article to help me out. Chelsea, Paul, and Andrew have all helped me. Fantastic! I highly recommend this if you're selling digital content.

June 17, 2021

Always happy to help and glad to hear of your experience! Thanks for the recommendation. Cheers, SendOwl.

CMM Press

We have had 0 issues with this app. It was really easy to install and link to items in our store. We have been able to expand our reach to global customers through our eBook sales.

June 17, 2021

Wow, that's great to hear how we've helped you and your business! Thanks for sharing your experience and feel free to reach out at any time. Cheers, SendOwl.

Bootcamp Sumo

Works like a charm and very easy to set up and use. Awesome support and lot's of fantastic features.

June 14, 2021

Hi, thanks for the kind words and so glad to hear it's working so well for you!
We're here if you need us. Cheers, SendOwl.

LicentieHuis.com

App works well for distributing licence keys on auto-pilot. The only thing I added myself is a way to track if a customer has opened the link to the download page in their email (to provide a 14-day money back when the customer has not seen the licence key yet). But this is of course specific to my needs.

May 12, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. It's much appreciated. Let us know if we can help with anything. Cheers, SendOwl.

SoftwareCW

Send owl has some of the best customer service I have seen in a while. Very helpful and prompt. Thank you!

April 15, 2021

Thanks for the kind words! Let us know if you need anything.

Cheers, SendOwl.

Workhorse Type Foundry

I've used 20+ apps and this is the first negative review I've left. This app is complete garbage. Installing is a nightmare, managing your files is basically impossible and updating your files is literally impossible. I wish I had just built something from scratch instead of wasting my time/money.

April 8, 2021

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I've looked through our support tickets and I can't find any related to updating files, or the update function not working. I'd love to see if we can help. Would you be able to reach out to me at paul@ sendowl.com or open a ticket with us, and we can work on a solution for you? Cheers, SendOwl.

Forth Rivers

I used this app to help me deliver my ebooks and it works but it comes with a few kinks and intricate complications. For instance, when customers go to download from their email, they should be able to immediately download and not receive another long link to download from. The process for the customer to receive their product should be seamless but it isn't so much so. I wasn't aware of this process until I acted as a customer of my own store to see how the process was going. It wasn't that great to me.

April 5, 2021

Thanks for your review and feedback!

You are correct that we generate an order download page for every customer and they need to go to their unique order page to download their purchase(s).

We do it that way for a couple of reasons.

The first is that some orders contains dozens of files and adding each of those links to the Shopify order email would make the order email difficult to read.

The second reason is for download security as each link is designed to expire after a set number of uses. This helps prevent file sharing and secures the download. You can control access to the links in the buyer's order page from the SendOwl dashboard. The same level of link protection and security would not be possible if the links were shown in the email.

Having said that, I hear you and understand your concerns! I'll discuss this with the team to see if we can make the process smoother for the buyer.

Cheers, SendOwl.

Abby’s Threads

This app has paired seamlessly with Shopify! Very easy to use, and they give great directions for implementing code. I highly recommend! The PDF stamping is one of my favorite features.

March 19, 2021

Thanks for the kind words! If you ever need us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@sendowl.com. Cheers, SendOwl

Card Cavern Trading Cards, LLC

I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.. things happen right? Well during 5 or 6 product launches, Sendowl has crashed. Orders won't fulfill. I can't pull license keys because the site is down. So now there's a backlog of orders and I can't even fulfill them manually. Cue the nasty emails from customers... There's only so many times I can fend them off and honestly, I'm sick of taking the blame for these outages. I love this app when it works. It's great when it works. BUT when it doesn't work, I lose so much money. I LOSE CUSTOMERS. There are far too many outages, too many times it won't fulfill orders. In a market that demands instant delivery of digital products, this app has caused me to fail my customers. And today was the last straw. My review stays but I'm going.

March 20, 2021

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear about your issues. We've reached out to you directly via our support channel to understand your issues in more detail and see how we can be helpful to you moving forward. Take care, SendOwl.

Toybox Labs

They are fine for the basic case, but start to fail pretty badly if you do anything complicated. So far we have had problems with: Editing Orders, if you have an app that edit orders on shopify after the fact like a Post Purchase Promotion app send owl will fail to pick it up and not send it out to your customers Partial Refunds: if you give a partial refund to your user send owl sees that as a refund on the whole order and cancels the digital order. Their support is ok and getting back but in the end not very helpful. If you are bootstrapping something simple this is the app for you, but I would suggest against this app if you are dealing with 1000+ customers. Updating after reaching out and trying to work with support: I complained about orders being incorrectly cancelled. They assured me that unselecting a checkbox in their app would make it so they didn't get cancelled. That was wrong and after mass partial refunding orders I now have hundreds of orders to fix. I would strongly suggest against using this app and find one that works and has good support that understands their own product.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15