SendOwl

SendOwl

by SendOwl

Sell digital files and downloads

Workhorse Type Foundry

I've used 20+ apps and this is the first negative review I've left. This app is complete garbage. Installing is a nightmare, managing your files is basically impossible and updating your files is literally impossible. I wish I had just built something from scratch instead of wasting my time/money.

April 8, 2021

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I've looked through our support tickets and I can't find any related to updating files, or the update function not working. I'd love to see if we can help. Would you be able to reach out to me at paul@ sendowl.com or open a ticket with us, and we can work on a solution for you? Cheers, SendOwl.

Forth Rivers

I used this app to help me deliver my ebooks and it works but it comes with a few kinks and intricate complications. For instance, when customers go to download from their email, they should be able to immediately download and not receive another long link to download from. The process for the customer to receive their product should be seamless but it isn't so much so. I wasn't aware of this process until I acted as a customer of my own store to see how the process was going. It wasn't that great to me.

April 5, 2021

Thanks for your review and feedback!

You are correct that we generate an order download page for every customer and they need to go to their unique order page to download their purchase(s).

We do it that way for a couple of reasons.

The first is that some orders contains dozens of files and adding each of those links to the Shopify order email would make the order email difficult to read.

The second reason is for download security as each link is designed to expire after a set number of uses. This helps prevent file sharing and secures the download. You can control access to the links in the buyer's order page from the SendOwl dashboard. The same level of link protection and security would not be possible if the links were shown in the email.

Having said that, I hear you and understand your concerns! I'll discuss this with the team to see if we can make the process smoother for the buyer.

Cheers, SendOwl.

Abby’s Threads

This app has paired seamlessly with Shopify! Very easy to use, and they give great directions for implementing code. I highly recommend! The PDF stamping is one of my favorite features.

March 19, 2021

Thanks for the kind words! If you ever need us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@sendowl.com. Cheers, SendOwl

Card Cavern Trading Cards, LLC

I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.. things happen right? Well during 5 or 6 product launches, Sendowl has crashed. Orders won't fulfill. I can't pull license keys because the site is down. So now there's a backlog of orders and I can't even fulfill them manually. Cue the nasty emails from customers... There's only so many times I can fend them off and honestly, I'm sick of taking the blame for these outages. I love this app when it works. It's great when it works. BUT when it doesn't work, I lose so much money. I LOSE CUSTOMERS. There are far too many outages, too many times it won't fulfill orders. In a market that demands instant delivery of digital products, this app has caused me to fail my customers. And today was the last straw. My review stays but I'm going.

March 20, 2021

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear about your issues. We've reached out to you directly via our support channel to understand your issues in more detail and see how we can be helpful to you moving forward. Take care, SendOwl.

Toybox Labs

They are fine for the basic case, but start to fail pretty badly if you do anything complicated. So far we have had problems with: Editing Orders, if you have an app that edit orders on shopify after the fact like a Post Purchase Promotion app send owl will fail to pick it up and not send it out to your customers Partial Refunds: if you give a partial refund to your user send owl sees that as a refund on the whole order and cancels the digital order. Their support is ok and getting back but in the end not very helpful. If you are bootstrapping something simple this is the app for you, but I would suggest against this app if you are dealing with 1000+ customers. Updating after reaching out and trying to work with support: I complained about orders being incorrectly cancelled. They assured me that unselecting a checkbox in their app would make it so they didn't get cancelled. That was wrong and after mass partial refunding orders I now have hundreds of orders to fix. I would strongly suggest against using this app and find one that works and has good support that understands their own product.

ITFactory.ca

We use this app to send software license keys + download link to our customers who purchase downloadable software. It's proven to be very efficient and helpful for what we need it to do. Our use is not necessarily the most common use and we're coming from a more robust solution on our old platform, but we were still impressed at its capabilities and were able to make it work for us. The support for this app is also very impressive, the responses and help you get is awesome and very valuable.

Cloud Publishing

I have been using Sendowl for more than 3 months now without any hiccups. It does everything I need it to.

PlaneEnglish

Support for this app is horrible.They dont get back to you at all. I have reported them to shopify also and actively looking for the substitutes.

RacingRant

DO NOT USE THIS APP if you have recurring orders/subscriptions!

I have sought support on this aspect twice and been met with astonishment and limited understanding.

I wish to throw SHOPIFY under the bus here as well, as they truly do not care about how their 3rd parties interact with the shopfront.

Imagine if hundreds of your customers were to each receive hundreds of automated emails over a 30 minute period. I've been crippled with shame and embarrassment.

SendOwl, you're welcome to reach out to me for details of this horrific experience.

Shopify, I suggest you look in the mirror as well.

FIRE&FOOD

Love the app. We have been using it for three months now to fulfill digital magazine downloads, works like a charm! Support (we only needed it once for a question) was also very quick and helpful.

Hope they will be adding even more features going forward. My personal wishlist is (1) tracking downloads in Shopify and other apps such as Klaviyo (we have some customers who get confused between physical and digital variants, could then send automated mails to customers who have not yet downloaded the product after some days). (2) being able to set the auto-fulfillment flag at product level, instead of the account (we have physical products with an attached digital file where we do not want auto-fulfillment, but also digital-only where we do want auto-fulfillment).

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14