SendOwl

SendOwl

by SendOwl

Sell digital files and downloads

FEELIKEA

Ive been using this app for a few weeks and I find it extremely good. Find it strange that one person wrote that the customer service was poor, of all the apps I've used, SendOwl's customer service was 1st class, I had a couple of minor teething problems due to mistakes I had made and Paul from SendOwl was back in touch literally within hours and was brilliant support. Absolutely highly recommend this app for selling downloads.

The Sewing Revival

29 April 20 - This is my second review - both 1 star -(please refer first below):
Over the last 2 weeks I have had significant issues with Send Owl saying they have delivered my product but the customer adamant they haven't received it. Over 80% of the time, the file were sent in the same sales order as other files still on Shopify's Digital Downloads - which were all received fine and within minutes (so there is no issue at the customers end). Send Owl repeatedly pushed aside my concerns telling me they had a digital signature that these customers (8 over the past 2 weeks) had received the file. Customers tell me otherwise. There is no point digitally receiving it if you can't find it. Send Owl have damaged my business reputation and will not make any attempts to get to the source of the issue. I have been raising these issues for a year now. Some months are good. Others terrible. I am now on the search to find an alternative solution (DD does not allow 2 files in one order so I cannot use them unfortunately). Do not use Send Owl. I now begin the huge task of moving a significant number of files to an alternative provider.
*************************************************************
June 2019 - This app was working fine but over the last 3 weeks customers have been complaining that either the link doesn't work or their anti-virus software is blocking the site. I also use Shopify Digital downloads and have never had this problem. I have contacted SensOwl 4 times over the last 2 weeeks. They have responded but told me is was a result of the customers "over zealous anti-virus" software. This is not good enough and a customer is scared off my product because of this. It is damaging my business reputation and Send Owl have done nothing to try and get their site verified with Norton or other virus protection sites to address the issue. Be very aware. This software has damaged my business.

Sew Inspired by Bonnie

The app works well but support seems to be non-existent. I wrote SendOwl through their "contact us" section a few days ago and have never heard back. I have customers telling me (after I sent out an update to my digital download with an automatic update notice from SendOwl) that they're getting messages stating the "website isn't safe". Tried contacting SendOwl to see why my customers would get these notices and I've never heard back. The app is great but support doesn't seem to be there.

G2Keys

I use this app to sell software keys. It works great for all the needs I have. At $9 a month it is a little expensive for how little I use it but it works without a problem!

HEROES LAIR

If you want to add subscriptions to your shopify you will need to be able to understand coding. I contacted help desk and they couldn't help me so I just used the paypal subscription button. Works so much easier

Many Ways To See The World

Terrible experience.
The response from Paul at SendOwl was fine....
But the App is extremely limited....in that I could not set it up for more than one format (i.e., either landscape or portrait).
When Paul offered me the opportunity to open a second account at a 50% discount ...just to get the 2nd format -- I took advantage of that ....
but only found out that the SendOwl app account only connects to ONE Shopify store ... which was crazy and cumbersome. If all your files are in one format ...this might be a viable option for you. But it did not work for me and the SHopify gurus who sent me to SendOwl did not know of its limitations....
Bob Abramms

brain-friendly.de

We are not happy about the experience we had.
First of all, be careful Sendowl is changing a lot of liquids and after de-installation, you have to release it manually. It took a couple of hours to find out where they change the scripts.
Finally, for our purpose, it was not usable. Especially, the checkout and the subs page are dominated with the big owl. No CI possible. etc.
Also, we think that the bypassing of the checkout procedure of Shopify is not confirm to Shopify rules.
So we decide to use another system selling for movie subs.
Emil Brunner
brain-friendly.com

Create a Signature You Love

I'm really happy with this app. After researching about five different digital delivery apps on the Shopify store. I decided on SendOwl because of its security features and ease of use. It was very fast and easy to set up - and, perhaps even more importantly - to customize the digital delivery for my store.

I've been using it to deliver my ebook for a couple of months now, and haven't had a single snafu or customer complaint.

Good job SendOwl team! Thanks and love from CreateASignature.com.

Scrumptious Lass

I use this app to charge people to view my videos, love this app!
It sends a link directly to the customers email,after they have paid, they can play the video 10x then the link expires!
Great app to charge for media content!

Boom Bap Labs

Amazing app, simple clean and straight to the point! Very user friendly. I highly recommended it! Perfect fit with Shopify!