SendOwl

SendOwl

by SendOwl

Sell digital files and downloads

Concurseiro Fora da Caixa

Been a SendOwl user for more than a year. No new features added. The service quality is getting worse each day. This week I experienced lots of problems, none of them solved. Several orders are going unfulfilled.

The Drum Broker

Been a SendOwl user for years. The product works. New features have been slow or non-existent and the customer service is awful. We've had amazing results delivering files to our customers until today. Several hundred orders are going unfulfilled and we're getting the classic "non answer" customer service.

Look at other options and alternatives for digital delivery needs before settling on SendOwl

Card Cavern Trading Cards, LLC

There's been a HUGE problem with orders being backlogged. So much so, that hours went by without being fulfilled when it normally takes 30 seconds.
I first contacted Shopify support for help in which they created a ticket with SendOwl. I get this as a reply;

"This is a duplicate ticket as the merchant already has one in that has been escalated to the development team on the same issue.
We can close this one."

I reply because this is my first time reaching out for help and this is their second reply;

"Please wait for a response from the original ticket.
That ticket (on exactly the same issue) has been escalated to the development team who will look into the issue and respond as soon as they can.
This ticket is closed."

Rude. Poor customer service and no real answers provided.

Update: 28 hours later and only 6 orders have been processed. 1 of which was a canceled order. Which means I lost money and my product for that order. We've received no apologies, no remedies, just more of the copypaste answers they've sent everyone.

To make matters worse, today is a new release for us and we've had to shut down our site. I'm out time, money and now my patience.

Sukime

This app advertises 30 day free trial then 9.99/mo but in my reality, they gave me 1 free day trial then $15/mo. I'm selling only one ebook.

Mushroom Revival

MESSED UP MY SHOP! wish I could give this 0 stars. Customers couldn't download the free e book without doing a whole check out with their shipping address and billing address etc. I asked the help about this and they seemed like had no idea how their app worked. It was a pain in the ass to delete the app. and when we finally did our shop got messed up and our add to cart disappeared. really pissed off with this app. terrible experience.

The Sewing Revival

This app was working fine but over the last 3 weeks customers have been complaining that either the link doesn't work or their anti-virus software is blocking the site. I also use Shopify Digital downloads and have never had this problem. I have contacted SensOwl 4 times over the last 2 weeeks. They have responded but told me is was a result of the customers "over zealous anti-virus" software. This is not good enough and a customer is scared off my product because of this. It is damaging my business reputation and Send Owl have done nothing to try and get their site verified with Norton or other virus protection sites to address the issue. Be very aware. This software has damaged my business.

Many Ways To See The World

Terrible experience.
The response from Paul at SendOwl was fine....
But the App is extremely limited....in that I could not set it up for more than one format (i.e., either landscape or portrait).
When Paul offered me the opportunity to open a second account at a 50% discount ...just to get the 2nd format -- I took advantage of that ....
but only found out that the SendOwl app account only connects to ONE Shopify store ... which was crazy and cumbersome. If all your files are in one format ...this might be a viable option for you. But it did not work for me and the SHopify gurus who sent me to SendOwl did not know of its limitations....
Bob Abramms

brain-friendly.de

We are not happy about the experience we had.
First of all, be careful Sendowl is changing a lot of liquids and after de-installation, you have to release it manually. It took a couple of hours to find out where they change the scripts.
Finally, for our purpose, it was not usable. Especially, the checkout and the subs page are dominated with the big owl. No CI possible. etc.
Also, we think that the bypassing of the checkout procedure of Shopify is not confirm to Shopify rules.
So we decide to use another system selling for movie subs.
Emil Brunner
brain-friendly.com

Evideoclub 2

Unscrupulous seller is the first word that comes in mind. Recently I decided to cancel their service because I will not be using it anymore. I asked for a refubd because they charge in advance but they tell me I do not get a refund because I had orders for 1 day. They are charging me $49 for 1 day. You tell me what kind of developer this is.

You want automatic digital delivery? Go with fetchapp they don't charge you per item like SendOwl. They charge you for storage space which means you can have many items with licenses for free.

I was a SendOwl customer for almost 2 years and I got repaid for that loyalty by getting charged $49 for one day. Do yourself a favor and get another app.