SendOwl

Free plan available. 30-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.2)
Developer
4.2
November 13, 2022

I don't ever leave reviews, but I am very disappointed in the app and even more disappointed in the customer service. There is a page within the app that states there are unlimited downloads. I based my whole store around this and paid my assistant to set up my store using this app. Well come to find out, they don't actually offer unlimited downloads. When I contacted customer service I was given the run around and told that no where on their site do they advertise this (essentially implying that because it's not advertised this way, the incorrect wording within the app shouldn't matter). Super disappointed, but even more upset by the response. Sorry, but don't say you have something and then treat your customers in a dismissive way when they ask where the feature is. Will be removing every bit of my store because I'm not giving money to an app that falsely advertises and then tells me it's my fault for actually reading about the features they falsely claim to have.

Cowie's Kinders Shop
Time spent using app: About 1 month
SendOwl replied November 14, 2022

Hi Erin,
Sorry for the confusion. As I shared in the support ticket, we do not support unlimited downloads as we operate differently and everything is tailored towards the individual purchase and not the mass distribution of a file. At this time, we offer the choice of 3, 5 and 10 download attempts for each order. You can also reset the download attempts for your buyers at any time. We will update the download settings page in our app to ensure the copy is up to date and I'm sorry you've had this experience. We value your business and your feedback, so thank you for sharing your experience. If we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, we'll be happy to help. Again, thank you for your time, your thoughts and comments are valued. Wishing you the best.
Chelsea

August 19, 2022

Super disappointed. Signed up so I could get the free plan thinking it was a pay-as-you-go option since that's what's indicated on this page but in my SendOwl admin, there was something about how it was estimated that I was going to owe $15/month. I emailed Support and the response I got was that the email associated with the plan I signed up for the "Shopify-Only Growth Plan." SendOwl support referred me to this specific Shopify page about their app that clearly indicates that there's a "free" option and the next level up is Standard ($9/month), Growth ($15/month), and Custom ($89/month). I didn't sign up for the Growth plan. I wanted the free/pay-as-you-go plan. There appears to be no way for me to change this. Support didn’t even try to help me figure that out. Super disappointed. I feel like I was offered one service and given something and told it was more expensive though I didn't okay that. I have no clue if this app works or how well it does. I have found a less expensive option to do what I want that I’m already paying for but had hoped SendOwl would be an option that might work for my business.

randomcreativemoments
Time spent using app: About 22 hours
SendOwl replied September 6, 2022

Hi, Paul here. I am sorry for your experience! From your feedback, we have reviewed the onboarding process to ensure it's as clear as possible as to what plan you are choosing. With that said, our team did reach out and offered to move you to the Free Plan. Unfortunately, we didn't hear back from you but our offer still stands (as it does with anyone) so let us know if you want to move to the Free Plan!

Cheers, SendOwl.

Edited February 23, 2022

Integration is broken (it doesn't sync with Shopify orders). It's just an useless app. Customer support is the worst, as no one answers you. It simply does not exist. They are unreachable. Worst customer experience. I do NOT recommend its use. If I could, I'd give it 0 stars. Run away from it!

Concurseiro Fora da Caixa
Brazil
Time spent using app: Almost 3 years
SendOwl replied February 23, 2022

We're quite sorry you're having this issue; unfortunately, it's a Shopify issue (they are not sending apps webhooks), and they have assured us they are working hard on a fix! Here is our up to date status page: sendowlstatuspage.com. Thanks again for your business!

October 9, 2021

Literally the worst app ever. But even worse than the app is the customer service. They often have massive outages, do not communicate the outages and then will not return word on customer service issues. Find another digital file delivery application. The only thing they know how to do properly is take payment

Thoughtfull.co
Time spent using app: About 1 year
SendOwl replied October 13, 2021

Thank you for your review, I can understand your frustration. However, as we noted in the support ticket exchange, the issue is not with SendOwl but with your external script. In other words, your own script is failing to generate the orders and the issue is not with SendOwl.

UPDATE: The merchant did respond to the ticket and confirmed it was their script that caused the issue and not an outage with SendOwl.

We do appreciate your business and hope we can help. And, for true [rare] outages, we do have real-time reporting and support.

April 8, 2021

I've used 20+ apps and this is the first negative review I've left. This app is complete garbage. Installing is a nightmare, managing your files is basically impossible and updating your files is literally impossible. I wish I had just built something from scratch instead of wasting my time/money.

Workhorse Type Foundry
Time spent using app: About 2 months
SendOwl replied April 8, 2021

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I've looked through our support tickets and I can't find any related to updating files, or the update function not working. I'd love to see if we can help. Would you be able to reach out to me at paul@ sendowl.com or open a ticket with us, and we can work on a solution for you? Cheers, SendOwl.