SendOwl

SendOwl

Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.3)
Developer
4.3
Edited April 28, 2020

29 April 20 - This is my second review - both 1 star -(please refer first below):
Over the last 2 weeks I have had significant issues with Send Owl saying they have delivered my product but the customer adamant they haven't received it. Over 80% of the time, the file were sent in the same sales order as other files still on Shopify's Digital Downloads - which were all received fine and within minutes (so there is no issue at the customers end). Send Owl repeatedly pushed aside my concerns telling me they had a digital signature that these customers (8 over the past 2 weeks) had received the file. Customers tell me otherwise. There is no point digitally receiving it if you can't find it. Send Owl have damaged my business reputation and will not make any attempts to get to the source of the issue. I have been raising these issues for a year now. Some months are good. Others terrible. I am now on the search to find an alternative solution (DD does not allow 2 files in one order so I cannot use them unfortunately). Do not use Send Owl. I now begin the huge task of moving a significant number of files to an alternative provider.
*************************************************************
June 2019 - This app was working fine but over the last 3 weeks customers have been complaining that either the link doesn't work or their anti-virus software is blocking the site. I also use Shopify Digital downloads and have never had this problem. I have contacted SensOwl 4 times over the last 2 weeeks. They have responded but told me is was a result of the customers "over zealous anti-virus" software. This is not good enough and a customer is scared off my product because of this. It is damaging my business reputation and Send Owl have done nothing to try and get their site verified with Norton or other virus protection sites to address the issue. Be very aware. This software has damaged my business.

The Sewing Revival
New Zealand
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
January 14, 2019

Terrible experience.
The response from Paul at SendOwl was fine....
But the App is extremely limited....in that I could not set it up for more than one format (i.e., either landscape or portrait).
When Paul offered me the opportunity to open a second account at a 50% discount ...just to get the 2nd format -- I took advantage of that ....
but only found out that the SendOwl app account only connects to ONE Shopify store ... which was crazy and cumbersome. If all your files are in one format ...this might be a viable option for you. But it did not work for me and the SHopify gurus who sent me to SendOwl did not know of its limitations....
Bob Abramms

Many Ways To See The World
Time spent using app: 10 days
December 12, 2018

We are not happy about the experience we had.
First of all, be careful Sendowl is changing a lot of liquids and after de-installation, you have to release it manually. It took a couple of hours to find out where they change the scripts.
Finally, for our purpose, it was not usable. Especially, the checkout and the subs page are dominated with the big owl. No CI possible. etc.
Also, we think that the bypassing of the checkout procedure of Shopify is not confirm to Shopify rules.
So we decide to use another system selling for movie subs.
Emil Brunner
brain-friendly.com

brain-friendly.de
Austria
Time spent using app: 4 days
March 6, 2017

Unscrupulous seller is the first word that comes in mind. Recently I decided to cancel their service because I will not be using it anymore. I asked for a refubd because they charge in advance but they tell me I do not get a refund because I had orders for 1 day. They are charging me $49 for 1 day. You tell me what kind of developer this is.

You want automatic digital delivery? Go with fetchapp they don't charge you per item like SendOwl. They charge you for storage space which means you can have many items with licenses for free.

I was a SendOwl customer for almost 2 years and I got repaid for that loyalty by getting charged $49 for one day. Do yourself a favor and get another app.

Evideoclub 2