SendOwl , 162 reviews

4.4

Merchants highly recommend this app for automating digital product delivery, with features like PDF stamping, customizable emails, and automatic order fulfillment. They appreciate its seamless Shopify integration, detailed analytics, and the ability to send product updates. The app is praised for its reliable performance, quick issue resolution, and responsive customer support. Merchants also find its interface user-friendly and its pricing reasonable.

November 13, 2022

I don't ever leave reviews, but I am very disappointed in the app and even more disappointed in the customer service. There is a page within the app that states there are unlimited downloads. I based my whole store around this and paid my assistant to set up my store using this app. Well come to find out, they don't actually offer unlimited downloads. When I contacted customer service I was given the run around and told that no where on their site do they advertise this (essentially implying that because it's not advertised this way, the incorrect wording within the app shouldn't matter). Super disappointed, but even more upset by the response. Sorry, but don't say you have something and then treat your customers in a dismissive way when they ask where the feature is. Will be removing every bit of my store because I'm not giving money to an app that falsely advertises and then tells me it's my fault for actually reading about the features they falsely claim to have.

Cowie's Kinders Shop
About 1 month using the app
SendOwl replied November 14, 2022

Hi Erin,
Sorry for the confusion. As I shared in the support ticket, we do not support unlimited downloads as we operate differently and everything is tailored towards the individual purchase and not the mass distribution of a file. At this time, we offer the choice of 3, 5 and 10 download attempts for each order. You can also reset the download attempts for your buyers at any time. We will update the download settings page in our app to ensure the copy is up to date and I'm sorry you've had this experience. We value your business and your feedback, so thank you for sharing your experience. If we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, we'll be happy to help. Again, thank you for your time, your thoughts and comments are valued. Wishing you the best.
Chelsea

January 14, 2019

Terrible experience.
The response from Paul at SendOwl was fine....
But the App is extremely limited....in that I could not set it up for more than one format (i.e., either landscape or portrait).
When Paul offered me the opportunity to open a second account at a 50% discount ...just to get the 2nd format -- I took advantage of that ....
but only found out that the SendOwl app account only connects to ONE Shopify store ... which was crazy and cumbersome. If all your files are in one format ...this might be a viable option for you. But it did not work for me and the SHopify gurus who sent me to SendOwl did not know of its limitations....
Bob Abramms

Many Ways To See The World
10 days using the app
Edited October 8, 2019

MESSED UP MY SHOP! wish I could give this 0 stars. Customers couldn't download the free e book without doing a whole check out with their shipping address and billing address etc. I asked the help about this and they seemed like had no idea how their app worked. It was a pain in the ass to delete the app. and when we finally did our shop got messed up and our add to cart disappeared. really pissed off with this app. terrible experience.

Mushroom Revival
6 days using the app
December 12, 2018

We are not happy about the experience we had.
First of all, be careful Sendowl is changing a lot of liquids and after de-installation, you have to release it manually. It took a couple of hours to find out where they change the scripts.
Finally, for our purpose, it was not usable. Especially, the checkout and the subs page are dominated with the big owl. No CI possible. etc.
Also, we think that the bypassing of the checkout procedure of Shopify is not confirm to Shopify rules.
So we decide to use another system selling for movie subs.
Emil Brunner
brain-friendly.com

brain-friendly.de
Austria
4 days using the app
August 19, 2022

Super disappointed. Signed up so I could get the free plan thinking it was a pay-as-you-go option since that's what's indicated on this page but in my SendOwl admin, there was something about how it was estimated that I was going to owe $15/month. I emailed Support and the response I got was that the email associated with the plan I signed up for the "Shopify-Only Growth Plan." SendOwl support referred me to this specific Shopify page about their app that clearly indicates that there's a "free" option and the next level up is Standard ($9/month), Growth ($15/month), and Custom ($89/month). I didn't sign up for the Growth plan. I wanted the free/pay-as-you-go plan. There appears to be no way for me to change this. Support didn’t even try to help me figure that out. Super disappointed. I feel like I was offered one service and given something and told it was more expensive though I didn't okay that. I have no clue if this app works or how well it does. I have found a less expensive option to do what I want that I’m already paying for but had hoped SendOwl would be an option that might work for my business.

randomcreativemoments
About 22 hours using the app
SendOwl replied September 6, 2022

Hi, Paul here. I am sorry for your experience! From your feedback, we have reviewed the onboarding process to ensure it's as clear as possible as to what plan you are choosing. With that said, our team did reach out and offered to move you to the Free Plan. Unfortunately, we didn't hear back from you but our offer still stands (as it does with anyone) so let us know if you want to move to the Free Plan!

Cheers, SendOwl.