SEO Doctor

Developer
Magical Apps
4.5
December 20, 2021

I paid for the yearly pro plan which apparently has a 14 day return policy that I was never aware of. Well, it takes a couple months to ensure this app is working properly so beware that you will not get your money back when you realize this app sucks. The customer service is shotty. You may or may not get a response. When you do get a response to issues you are seeing with their app, all you get from them is "google shows this or that". I don't care what google shows if your app doesn't match that. I had an SEO score of 32 in their app which is very low but every time I reached out for help/questions, the answer was "google shows.....". The app never matches what customer service tells you. I also had autopilot set up for image compression but had an error message every day that 8 images needed compression. I would look for the images they were referring to and get a notice that all images are compressed. Well, which is it? They are good or 8 need done. Things like that constantly. I set up autopilot to have specific data listed for my products, but it never updated to what I requested. Just constant issues with this app. DO NOT USE IT. Now you will see a reply back from SEO Doctor about my review that will try to tell you everything I am saying is incorrect so beware of that also.

Butchers Baits
Time spent using app: 6 months
Magical Apps replied December 24, 2021

Thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies for the experience. While we target excellent customer experience but in this case we should have done a better job. Anways.. as per our email conversation, we didn't charge you for the pro account, so you did not loose any money, but I do agree with you that you have lost the time and trust on us. I would like offer personal assistance in the app if you can take 1 quick meeting. I hope you will come back to us.

Edited July 13, 2021

I have been using this APP for a couple of days, and to be honest I'm still trying to figure out how it helps my SEO.
In Autopilot mode, it simply grabs your Collection / Product title, and creates a new SEO title from that, it also adds your site address to the SEO title eg:Test Valley Models, Com, this is completely unnecessary because the site URL appears under the SEO title anyway.
Then to add more misery, it appears to truncate your SEO description to less than the allowed 320 characters, in fact it truncates it to about 200, in so doing it actually truncates your SEO descriptions, which is BAD for SEO.
None of this is reversible automatically, you have to do it manually, as I am doing now, with over 3000 products to check.
The only truth that the owner tells you about this APP is that it take 12 weeks for Google to detect the changes, that part is true, which means if you buy the Pro-Version and wait to see the effect it has, you've paid him $45. It also gives you 12 weeks to change everything back so that you don't go plummeting down the rankings!
Anyone who installs this APP needs to be made aware that it is useless, and in no way will it improve your SEO.
My advice is to go to YouTube and look for the latest Google advice on what to do, use this APP at your peril !!!!
This APP is so bad Shopify should remove from the APP store.
Graham Walters testvalleymodels.com 29/6/21
Despite numerous emails, screenshots and verbal instructions, it's like talking to a brick wall.
If I could reduce the rating to zero stars I would.
Shopify should really remove this APP, it's worse than useless.
Anyone giving this more than 2 stars must either be friends of the developers, or being paid to do so.
Please DO NOT install this APP !! I am not responding to your emails, for various reasons.
What your APP did automatically, cannot be undone automatically.
I had several SEO people look at my snippets after your APP had done it's work, and they all advised me to "uninstall" the app, and set about correcting the mess it has made of my SEO snippets.
I, too, have had all my products removed from Google Merchant because of issues with this APP. As I have said before, install this APP at your own risk, IMO these people do know what they are doing, Shopify should delete this APP. It is useless.
It is going to cost me over $400 to sort this mess out. Graham Walters 08-07-2021
RE: Update 2.
Now I am being accused of lying, this is really not acceptable.
I am unable to post an image of what this APP has done to my snippets, and Snippet SEO titles.
Whilst it may be possible to alter what this APP does BEFORE you hit the Autopilot button, there is no way to undo it, only manually, after you have hit the Autopilot button. The App does try to add Test Valley Models.com to every snippet title, but because of Shopify's character limit is 75 character, it often gets truncated, to as little as Te ! Which is BAD for SEO.
It also truncates the SEO description, to mid-sentence and mid-word, which again is BAD for SEO.
One again, I say to you, use this APP at your peril, I am still trying to work my way through over 2000 products, manually editing the SEO title and snippets.

Test Valley Models.com
Time spent using app: 6 days
Magical Apps replied June 28, 2021

Thanks for the review, it helps us improve the product. Meanwhile, the problem you are facing can be solved by simply changing auto pilot setting which our support team has already provided via email. I have also sent a separate email about your issue. I would really appreciate if we can continue our conversation and come to a solution. This is an issue which can be easily solved. Please reply to our emails, we are here to help. If you need a refund we are happy to issue that too. Also note that Shopify has limits on SEO characters, we can't go beyond a limit which the platform has imposed.

Update: Graham - this is really unfortunate that you have stopped responding to our emails, we are here to help. If you unaware about SEO limitations of Shopify platform we are here to teach you that too.

Update2: Some information in this review is completely inaccurate. For example putting the URL in SEO snippet - we don't do that. The customer was confused with the URL present in the SERP preview. I really hope that the customer will figure this out at some point and come back to us :-)

Update3: Once again we never put the URL and didn't call you lier. Its a pity that we have to communicate via reviews as you are not responding to our emails. We can help you clear all SEO meta automatically and restore it like before. Email us, we are here to help :-)

September 9, 2020

Ok so it seems to me and i could be wrong but i keep having my google merchant account suspended and they wont accept any of my products either, my meta titles haven't been fixed and now seo doctor just wont load up for me since my last merchant account got suspended, I've contacting seo doctor for support but my message didn't go through after i logged in with my url and now its blocking me from messaging every time like seo doctor have actually blocked me themselves because they cant do their job on my store, they are expecting my money though? be very careful with these guys i totally smell a RAT

Gadget me that
Time spent using app: 1 day
Magical Apps replied September 14, 2020

Sorry we were undergoing a huge migration and you were caught in the middle of it. The app should be working now.

However, your other issue about Google Merchant Center, we don't control that at all via the app. You should take it up with the Google support team, they should help you.

If this response helped you, please consider changing your review :-)

July 26, 2020

I didn't want to write a review on this transposition, but you wrote me a request for feedback. No offense. I don't know how to lie or embellish. Your product is absolutely useless and it is not worth the money you trickly get for it! In the marketplace you write that there is a free version actually it is only free for 5 days and if I don't pay you the money then I can't do anything of what you promise. Your name is swollen with your pocket bloggers and your skills will serve the platform administration. I sincerely do not advise you to put and use your transposition!

GekOn2020
Israel
Time spent using app: 4 days
Magical Apps replied July 26, 2020

This is such a bogus review. We have clearly specified whats available in free version and whats in pro (with 5 days free trial). We have reported this to Shopify support.

Edited May 20, 2020

Free version has an optimization limit, support publishes private data on their own website in a forum without permission. Poor support, bad app - I would not recommend it!

Update: The SEO Doctor Support asked me to delete this review. I definitely couldn't make an infinite number of changes in the free version with the page editor. After a certain number the changes could not be saved and a message came up with: "optimization limit reached, upgrade your app". Furthermore, data protection is violated with the automatic publication of customer inquiries on the developer's homepage. The apology did indeed come, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not legal. I don't quite understand why my feedback is supposed to be unfair. That is our personal experience with the app & support. We deleted the app and are using another free app with the same solution.

Re-Athlete
Germany
Time spent using app: About 21 hours
Magical Apps replied May 20, 2020

This is a really unfair review. 1 - We have provided all the information about the free version in our app description, also you can simply uninstall if you don't like the limits. 2 - I already apologized about the forum issue and immediately removed your post within 12 hours of your complaint.

This is really uncalled. I kindly request you to please remove it.

Most importantly, we could have simply had this chat over emails, but you don't respond to us for some reason. Not the best intention, one may say.