Sesami: Appointment Booking

Sesami: Appointment Booking

by Sesami Inc.

Booking app & calendar for selling services online & in-store

Lux Hair & Lash

Poor customer service. App fails regularly and you get no assistance from customer service. Emails are never answered.

New England Mischief

Shopping appointments are 60 minutes(the only way to set this up to have time to clean in between. Tried 45 minute variant but that gave us no time) and are every hour, on the hour, yet someone was able to book an appointment at 3:30, thus wiping out the 3-4 and 4-5 time slot. We have limited hours due to COVID-19 restrictions and we have now lost an appointment. I need to know how to fix this issue asap. I have submitted 2 support tickets with no response. Almost 72 hours later and still no response.

June 12, 2020

Hey there Tara,

We are not quite sure why you wrote 72 hours without a response when we have been in constant communication with you over email. In fact we replied within 2 hours of your first email and we last exchanged emails 1 hour ago (3pm EST friday, Jun 12).

As we stated multiple times over email, to create exact booking times for your clients, you just simply have it as your availability. For example :

3:00pm to 3:45pm
4:00pm to 4:45pm
5:00pm to 5:45pm

We can even enter it in for you manually in your account (as we have offered over email). And the 3:30 appointment happened because you had a 30 min buffer time set, as we already explained this before on a reply two days ago.

In the end, we are just here to help you succeed using Shopify and our app Sesami. We are not perfect and we know we still have much more work to do in our journey to become the world's best appointment scheduling application. However in this situation, a 1 star review is completely unwarranted.

Dealis hair & records

is not really helpful for a hairdresser salon i need you to call me please and work it out in better condition to use those app for my business

June 9, 2020

Hi there and welcome to Sesami!
There's no need to rate us 1 ⭐️ to get our attention. Think about it this way; we're on a mission to help you no matter if you're on free or paid plan or what star you rate us. We'll contact you soon.

512 Rage Room

I have had lots of problems with this calendar. not user friendly. last 2 days customers have not been able to book sessions on the website the calendar pops up but the dates and tims wont load currently looking for other options for booking software compliant with shopify

January 3, 2020

Hello there 512 Rage Room Team, Sadly, we have not heard back from you in regards to our communication about this review. We stand behind our app and our customer service and feel this 1 star review is very unfair.

As points of references:
* Sesami is working on your store and we see that you are receiving multiple bookings regularly on the app.
* Our Sesami support team responded to you within minutes of receiving your request and we were able to investigate immediately as soon as we were aware of the situation. When checking your data logs, your clients were able to continually book appointments on Sesami during those days.
* After investigating and testing, we determined the root cause of the situation you have written in this review was that your client was using an outdated Internet Explorer browser version. Sadly, Sesami (like most web apps today), does not support Internet Explorer. :( We have updated our help site to reflect this information. By simply switching to another browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge, Sesami does indeed work as intended.

We have reached out to you to try to get a fairer assessment of our app based on your usage and the situation you have written about. Hopefully we can find some middle ground here.

All the best, Sesami Team

Divinemagick22

this app is messy. it double booked my clients, it also creates issues with booking for my clients. It does not prompt to enter contact info and it does not sync with my google account automatically like most other booking apps. This is too much work.

October 11, 2019

Hello there Conjure Queen, we appreciate your review and empathize with the situation in regards to double booking for your clients. We really do. We want to make Sesami the best in our category and are committed to providing the best customer service. In response to your comments:

When you indicated to us this had happened (double booking), we offered assistance to fix the problem within a very short time frame from your initial support message but instead of replying, you left a 1 star review. With a little bit of communication and understanding, this issue could have been resolved fairly quickly.

You are right that we currently do not have google calendar synchronization but it is in our plans and will update here when it is completed. Like all apps in the Shopify store, sometimes one just doesn't fit a specific business workflow a merchant might have, but it does not mean that our app is messy or it's too much work.

We wish you all the best in the future and hope you reconsider your rating as we feel it is a bit unfair assessment from a free trial.

Komilla

UPDATE!! BEWARE!!!

The review below is from my client whose site I installed the Sesami App in. This is from me, her web developer.

Not only was this a terrible experience to install the Sesami app only to find out that one cannot in any normal way reschedule the appointment for the customer. To do it normally you have to refund the client and then charge them again. Owner says he is working on the feature to allow rescheduling but it is not on the horizon yet at all. He has some lame workaround no one would want to deal with. In my opinion, he shouldn't even have his app listed without a rescheduling feature and he has managed to get to the top of the booking apps fooling Shopify customers.

WORST PROBLEM!!!
It cost my client about $300+ of my time to install and uninstall. I asked owner to please cancel and not charge my client, yet today my client was charged $19.99 for an app the owner clearly knows she is not using and promised to cancel the payments for....

To make matters worse... as I write this I have been sitting first on hold via phone for 25 minutes with Shopify and now giving up on the phone almost 40 minutes with Shopify's customer service chat and I still haven't gotten this fixed. Hopefully, within the next half hour, someone at Shopify can stop my client from continuing to be charged and refund her $19.99.

--------->>>

I used the app to help with booking appointments - but it has no way to cancel or re-schedule. Very unhappy experience - so cancelling. The release is pre-mature.

August 29, 2019

Thank you for your review. Cancelling a booked appointment on Sesami is done at the click of a button as outlined here https://sesami.co/faq/. For re-scheduling, essentially you need to cancel and re-book at the new time. If you don’t need to give a refund you can simply assign no monetary value to the new booking (in the admin panel)

Can this experience be better? Of course! We’re fully integrated with Shopify, that’s why we deal with orders and refunds to make everything seamless. Including accounting, order history, customer tracking and so on. We’re committed to our vision, and are striving to enhance this experience by introducing an easier re-scheduling function in the upcoming months.

We explained the process to your developer and are always available to demonstrate this on a call. Please reach out anytime or book a call with us here https://sesamiapp.myshopify.com/