ShipMonk | Order Fulfillment

#1 Ecommerce 3PL - Fulfillment, Shipping & Inventory Mgmt.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

22below

The integration was horrific & cost us uncountable amounts of money in damages from an intergration error that occurred right as soon as our selling season started. 6 weeks later no answer. Absolutely do not recommend unless you want to go out of business. Do NOT let them ship your amazon orders EVER.

June 10, 2022

Hi 22below - Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize that your experience with us has been less than perfect. We are referring your notes to our Client Success team to review and touch base on. In the meantime, if you'd like to reach out you can contact them at support@shipmonk.com. Thank you for being a valued merchant, and we hope to speak soon.

Drift Bliss

Shipmonk has stupid high shipping. I have products that cost up to $100 to ship and they split it into two shipments AND charge the fulfillment fee for each. Which ends up being an additional $9. You will be paying the fulfillment fee monthly whether you ship the items or not. These fees are the same price as the storage fees so storage is double the price they say it is. Another thing about storage is that the allowable height of a pallet is on the lower side meaning they charge more than you can find elsewhere per pallet. When I started with them, they would reply to my emails and tickets within 24 hrs and now it takes them 4+ days. Many of the questions I ask them are for customers of mine (sometimes shipping delays and even not receiving). And then I often end up just giving my customers their money back While I wait for Shipmonk's reply. I found a company that has cheaper storage (larger pallets for same monthly fee) plus they don't charge the additional fulfillment fees AND they don't have a minimum monthly order. (The storage is literally half the price) And a HUGE advantage of this new company is the amazingly lower shipping cost. This $100 Shipping cost plus $9 fulfillment fees through Shipmonk is now only costing me a total of $30 with this new company - that includes fulfillment! (Went from $109 to $30) I unfortunately still have products in their warehouse and being charged a stupid amount. I have paid this other fulfillment company to pick them up. I will still need to pay Shipmonk a large amount on top of that for this other company to pick them up. Do not go with Shipmonk!!!

June 7, 2022

Hi Hans,
We apologize if your experience with us has been less than perfect. As ShipMonk, we strive to provide a world-class experienced to our merchants and its clear that expectations of service did not quick match up.

In response to your notes:
1.) Shipping Charges:
We're showing your account average shipping fee is substantially below your stated fee here. We suggest this is reviewed with our Client Success team immediately.

We also noticed the average weight of your shipments increased in February of 2022, which may explain for the change in shipping costs you are reporting. To example, heavier, oversized items typically incur more shipping cost. ShipMonk provides transparent, line item billings, so we're happy to review any specific orders in question and their resultant charges.

2.) Pick Fees - We're showing your account average pick fee is substantially below your claim here. We suggest this is reviewed with our Client Success team immediately.

3.) Monthly minimums - We do charge monthly minimums which are typical a result of the pallet storage you are utilizing in the fulfillment center. We're 100% transparent with all accounts regarding the costs of these fees (before and after account sign up) and are happy to review them with you via a meeting with our Client Success team.

4.) Response Times:
We strive to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. We apologize for the delayed response from our Happiness Engineer team and are reviewing your prior tickets internally w/ the Client Success team to see what we could have done to better handle your requests in the course of managing your account.

A senior member of our Happiness Engineer team will be reaching out to you to discuss your feedback for improvement to the account. Thank you again for being a valued merchant. We hope to hear from you soon so this is resolved to your satisfaction.

ShipMonk

Vakandi Apparel

Not rating the app Im rating shipmonk. Please avoid using this fulfillment center for your company if you don’t want to risk going out of business. The worst company I’ve ever worked with. The poorest communication and messed up two huge shipments of my product costing me thousands. I’m still trying to recover

March 16, 2022

Hi Vakandi Apparel,

We're very sorry to hear that your experience with ShipMonk has been anything less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we strive to provide all of our valued merchants world-class service.

Your situation requires a more in-depth response. We would love to get in contact with you to speak about it.

Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com or call 855-222-4601 to speak with a member of our support staff.

We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

YoshiZen

I was really excited to work with Shipmonk, their service seemed really great. However after 1 year with them I'm canceling my contract because of the constant loss of inventory that has occurred. Pros: Easy to use integrated software that syncs with Shopify and also automatically downloads my Etsy orders. Inventory tracking feature that updated my Shopify stock. When everything went well, being a Shipmonk customer was great. Orders were automatically fulfilled and it saved hours of work. Cons: They lost thousands of dollars of inventory over the course of a year, a fraction of which was reimbursed. When you sign up for their service the terms and conditions say that even though they might be at fault for lost inventory, they are not financially responsible. It was incredibly frustrating having to email their customer service every week to report an inventory discrepancy. I sell unique clothing designs that have a high production cost so I suspect staff members were stealing my products each time an order was fulfilled. Their Happiness Engineers were always very apologetic each time I reported a claim, but failed to solve the issue or explain why my inventory continually went missing in their warehouses. The rare times that Shipmonk did agree to reimburse me, they only gave me a $10 credit per unit which was a small percentage of the production cost. The lost inventory has negatively impacted my business' reputation. Because of Shipmonk's errors, each month I had to message customers to apologize that their orders could no longer be fulfilled. Many of the missing products were irreplaceable. Their software syncing system would list products as in stock on my website, then suddenly change to an inventory level of 0 when the order was being fulfilled, changing the order status to backordered. Because of Shipmonk's negligence, I've lost thousands of dollars worth of sales plus thousands in lost inventory.

February 3, 2022

Hi YoshiZen,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was anything less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we strive to provide world-class service to all of our merchants.
Due to the nature of your issues, we'd like to directly speak with you.
Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com to talk to one of our Happiness Engineers, all of which have been notified of your issues.
We look forward to speaking soon.
Thank you for being a valued ShipMonk merchant.

Wearbands

I have been running businesses for 30+ years, and I can say, without a doubt, that no single business I have ever worked with has damaged the reputation of my company more than ShipMonk. Make no mistake, ShipMonk is a sales company, and cares very little for their customers once they have signed you up. I strongly urge you to go back through Shopify’s reviews from 2020 and early 2021. Recently, the reviews are all “miraculously” five-stars, and do not sound authentic….sound a bit more like advertisements than reviews. Who knows, maybe these vendors have had experiences with a ShipMonk from an alternate universe. And i would not buy the "COVID, COVID, COVID, we have addressed those issues" line. A Zebra does not change its stripes. Here are my experiences…judge for yourself and beware before getting in bed with these guys. Also check out their reviews on Google. All of my experiences outlined below are well-documented, and if you check out other reviews, you will see similarly bad experiences, though maybe not in as much detail! ShipMonk’s systems are poorly designed, their internal communications are terrible, their email system is very inefficient and frustrating to use, and their customer service is atrocious, both in terms of response time, getting accurate information and maybe most importantly, attitude. It is extremely slow…be prepared to wait sometimes days for a response, which is often unhelpful or inaccurate, and then wait again for their response to your response, etc., etc. Many of their customer service reps are poorly trained, often not knowing answers to basic questions or, worse, delivering incorrect information, and it is almost as if they have been trained to take any opportunity to blame the customer for any issues that arise. All of this adds up to a terrible customer experience, a lot of frustration and stress, and often requires hours each week to sort out their mess, all the while fielding phone calls from unhappy customers due to shipping errors and delayed shipments. A fulfillment center should be taking fulfillment issues off your desk, so you can focus on your business. With ShipMonk, hours a week are spent double checking their work or trying to get them to do what they are supposed to do on time and without being asked. I was with ShipMonk for about a year and a half. They initially flat out misrepresented their capabilities to me. I see from WAMA Underwear’s review, that ShipMonk is still habitually misrepresenting their services in order to sign up new clients. Like WAMA’s, their misrepresentation to us was not discovered, of course, until all of our inventory had arrived at their warehouse. They made very little effort, or displayed any urgency, to rectify the situation, and made no offer to reduce their cost of service, which went up substantially due to their misrepresentation of what they could and could not do, and at what price. All the while, their auto-payment systems keeps pulling funds from your account, while getting any kind of solution drags on and on. I gave them multiple opportunities, and tried to work with them, to make things right, but they were clearly not interested and could not be bothered. It seems their sole focus is signing up new clients, and not providing good service with a good attitude to the clients they have signed up. They have almost an adversarial relationship with their customers, as if you are just a necessary evil to generate revenue and grow. We make and sell an exercise systems. ShipMonk sent our customers, among other things, a dress, a purse, a sweatshirt and tap shoes…yes, tap shoes. They always send you a form apology email, letting you know how they are working to see that this does not happen again…until it happens again. Mispicks, missing items and wrong sizes were also a common problem. Their time estimates for special projects are not to be taken seriously. They almost never meet their own estimate, and instead, deliver excuse after excuse. You cannot rely on their status updates to communicate with your customers, because you have no idea if they will do what they said they will do when they said they will do it, leading to upset customers who rightfully blame you. The costs they charged us for special projects were grossly over-charged, and only after I discovered them and brought it to their attention, did they acknowledge as much. To this day, it is not clear to me whether we were ever refunded the overcharges, and we spent months, yes months, just trying to establish a fair charge for the work (we decided to leave before that was resolved). They provide very little transparency in regards to their costs and pricing…you have to dig into their reporting for the information. Though they have many shipping options, they are rarely the most cost effective. Since leaving, we have found significantly cheaper and more cost-effective rates, faster shipping and improved reliability. The attractive shipping options they quote are before carrier surcharges, which can be as much as 50-80% of the shipping cost itself. They partnered with several carriers during our time with them, who were flat out incompetent, lost packages, did not provide adequate tracking, etc. And ShipMonk will not allow you to follow up on your own to get tracking updates from carriers directly, so you must suffer through waiting for ShipMonk to follow up, which takes up valuable time and rarely delivers any actionable information. ShipMonk does not seem to understand, or more likely does not really care, that they are representing you, their customer, in the marketplace. When they screw up, or take days to get back to you, or ship tap shoes to your customers, the customer does not blame ShipMonk…they only know that you screwed up their order. Such is life with ShipMonk. I hope you find this information valuable. I thought it was important to share my experience in detail with you, to expose what I believe to be a very poorly run and untrustworthy company in the fulfillment space. There are plenty of fulfillment companies in the marketplace, and if you do your homework, you can likely find ones who pride themselves on customer service, and doing their job competently as an integral part of your business. And if something does go wrong, will give it and you the attention you deserve. In our experience, ShipMonk is not one of those companies. They are a sales company trying to grow as fast as they can, and you, as their customer, are of little consequence.

October 11, 2021

Hi Wearbands. We apologize that your experience with us has been anything less than perfect. At ShipMonk, we strive to provide world-class service to all of our valued merchants.
We'd love to discuss the issues you encountered while working with us. Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com to get in touch with one of our Happiness Engineers.
We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for being a valued ShipMonk merchant.

WAMA Underwear

Horrible experience... Stay far away! Initially, they (Erik van Bilderbeek, Jennifer Santanna & Kerry Neysmith) promised us they can do everything we asked. We sent 50% of our inventory to them. Only to find out after they received our products that their system doesn't allow them to do so. Before launching we placed test orders to ourselves to see if Shipmonk can fulfill correctly and each time they made unacceptable mistakes. We sell underwear and they literally had measured some of our underwear products with a 7 inch height. Actual height is about 0.3". Shipmonk also weighed our products incorrectly adding a 1 pound 8 ounces weight for an underwear. Actual weight is 0.2 lbs. These measurements and weights were mistakes after our complaints getting their manager, Kerry, involved and re-measuring everything. How can they be so off? How can they be so negligent!? After 3 months of consistent issues after issues we just couldn't continue with them. 3 months of time lost. Thousands of dollars lost with Shipmonk even though all the issues were clearly theirs. They do not own up to their own mistakes. We ended up having to pay for their negligence. Highly Not Recommended! Stay Far Away! Find Another Fulfillment Center!

July 1, 2021

Hi WAMA Underwear. Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize that your experience with us has been less than perfect. We have forwarded your feedback to our Customer Service team, but if you'd like to reach out you can contact them at support@shipmonk.com. Thank you for being a valued merchant, and we hope to speak soon.

PearthBlankets

I would NEVER recommend this fulfillment company to anyone... especially a startup that is trying to build their reputation. Shipmonk has been the biggest headache for me. I am the founder of my company and have direct interaction with the Shipmonk team and software on a daily basis. They have lost my product (numerous times) and blame me for it every time. Never apologizing even once it is found. They literally LOSE my product and I have to pay for their team to look for it. They charge extreme amounts for a service that is hardly fulfilled. "Over promise, Under deliver" is how I would rate Shipmonk. They do a great job at selling you on their services and once you move all your inventory and really invest in them, they start treating you like you're worth nothing to them. I currently have orders backed up for 7 days when their expected shipping timeframe is 3 days or less. No apologies just excuses. "It's a busy time of year." they say. I never take the time to write reviews but I felt this was absolutely necessary. I hope you consider ALL OTHER options before partnering with Shipmonk. Please feel free to call me directly if you'd like a more personal review of this company. 954-707-0665

NEEBO® - Child Well-Being Monitor

I would summarise the issues with this shipment provider, all based on our work with them for almost 10 months. 1) You will never see transparent pricing, they display only shipment and handling fees to you, the rest is being charged on the background. So your actual bill is never known, until u dig into this.
2) Loosing packages all the time, in our case is $300 worth of parcel. When they do this here is the scenario:
- If insured, claim will be reviewed for months, till now we still wasn't reimbursed for any;
- If not insured, NEVER takes responsibility, saying "not our fault, but logistics provider, so we won't do anything". While this is them who is service provider for us, legally we ask them, they ask logistics company, bc if we message to lets say DHL, their response will be "u r not our client". The normal practice is when your shipment is not insured, at least shipping cost is supposed to be refunded as service you paid for wasn't delivered, but not with these guys;
3) If they made a mistake on inventory side, they will ask you for $40/hour so some person in warehouse could fix it. So you should pay for mistakes they make;
4) Customer support, unresponsive and incompetent. If certain cases are addressed in time, they still can be resolved, but not with these guys. What shipmonk support does is basically trying just to reply anything or blaming anyone else instead of addressing the issue, probably for their internal records. Connecting to the shipmonk will bring you only headache. I was really surprised how such a low quality service can be provided by a US company.

Anvanda

What fulfillment company locks you into a contract and charges you to get your goods back if you're not pleased with their service!? Horrible experience, the charged us almost 3x more than our current fulfillment provider. The system in which inventory is imported is confusing at best. My gut feeling is the measurements are off so they can charge more for storage. we were paying more than 2x what we pay now for storage. Over $5,000 worth of our shipmonk inventory ended up on ebay months after we bit the bullet and moved all inventory to another fulfillment. Yes Our Items Were STOLEN after They charged us thousands of dollars to pick up our inventory! WTF If you're reading this don't make the same mistake we did!

Sweet Vibes

By far the worse company ever!! Please do not do business with them unless you like losing money. They will never take responsibility, overcharge you and shift blame every chance they get. I've lost major account/sales cause i've done business based on their empty promises. Very poor service in terms of responding clients concerns; when they are going to ship out and send packages, it will take so long! They are not fast and very unreliable. Customer receives wrong items & colors; damaged items and others. Lastly, shipping fees are very costly, not worth with what you paid for in their bad service.

Previous 1