ShipMonk | Order Fulfillment

ShipMonk | Order Fulfillment

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3)
Developer
December 13, 2022

Stay away, Shipmonk has been an headache for our business for the past year.
We have been working with them for over 3 years.
WE had to fulfilled some of our order after 3days SLA passed, they still charge for the minimum pick fee and never give you a credit for their mistake.
They shipped wrong product to one of our distributors, with hand cream. it was so poor packed that everything was damaged and we were finned for wrong customs declarations.
WE lost 10000 of dollars of products. second shipment destroyed by customs because of the first one.

We have been waiting for a wholesale order, it has been over 11 days, we have some presentation samples orders and we have to wait.

For the B2c Shipmonk has been taking over 3 days to fulfilled orders resulting in loss of customers and refunds. Yesterday one of my order was supposed to be fulfilled stil waiting......

When you complain, some of them are nice some others hung up on you or make you feel uncomfortable or send you a passive agressive email.

One thing they know it s to charge your credit card!

Rejucream
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
ShipMonk replied January 6, 2023

Dear Rejucream -
We are sorry that you have experienced difficulty with some of your orders and that you don't feel those issues have been handled with the speed and attention they deserve. We definitely don't view feedback like this as complaining; our job is to make your life easier with quality fulfillment. Rest assured that your comments here have been passed on to the proper support team members and someone will reach out soon. Thank you for your patience and for being a ShipMonk client; we will do everything in our power to try and resolve any outstanding issues.

Edited November 10, 2022

Update (10 Nov 2022): Amanda has helped me with this issue, but I'm sorry I'm not going to remove this review until the ASN-932731 issue is solved. There is a total of 33 cartons but not even 5 cartons are received. UPS says the packages were already received since October 4!! Worst experience ever!!! Stay away, either you are a small or big business!! I've lost over $35,000 WORTH OF INVENTORY and it has already been 2 WEEKS! There have been tens of emails back and forth with the customer team, and all they've been replying is "asking me to confirm if it is true!" Unbelievable! I have all clear evidences that my inventory has been delivered successfully, with the name of the person signed, the correct ASN number, the correct SKU (with pictures), and the shipping label. To Kimberly, Darius, Mahogany, and Wen (the person who signed and received the shipments- 34 HUGE CARTONS): Please get this resolved within this week. I'll not remove your names until I get an "actual help", not "asking me to confirm the correct information over 10 times already".

Luxx Store
Time spent using app: 9 months
ShipMonk replied October 6, 2022

Hello,
We sincerely apologize that you have had a negative experience with our 3PL, and that there are some issues with confirming your inventory. We've updated our Client Success team with your feedback. One of our team members will be reaching out shortly to discuss matters with you directly. Thank you for your patience. We will get this resolved as soon as possible.

August 22, 2022

Horrible onboarding with so many details on their support pages and almost no syncing with shopify system - had to enter everything manually (they would have the SKU as the product name, the weight in ounces put in lbs), and then the receiving of products is miserable (they again overweigh products & overcharge on shipping and you cannot even edit to the right weight - an 8oz bottle could be weighed as 1 lb! Or even more! ) i regret sending them a whole stock, i should have started with a few items The team talks nicely and try to help but it feels like they are overwhelmed with their system and work flow themselves so the help they end up giving is subpar. in the end of the day, if i am outsourcing my shipping, you need to be a well oiled machine and a cheap alternative to in-house but they are anything but! Also our first big delivery with them was a big big big fail, we were overcharged with UPS because of their weight "errors"above - they split up 1 big order to 8 orders which were not packed professionally, they did a miserable job with taping up boxes and putting heavy items in a no-bubble plastic envelopes like true beginners and arrived to my client all destroyed.

DRWIMA.SHOP
Time spent using app: About 2 months
ShipMonk replied August 23, 2022

Dear DrWima.Shop,

We sincerely apologize that you have had a negative experience with our 3PL. Our team, fulfillment centers, and software have been designed to put clients and the success of their businesses first. If your time with us has been anything less than rewarding, that is something we definitely want to dive into and resolve. One of our Client Success team members is reviewing and will contact you as soon as possible to discuss any issues you may be experiencing. Thank you for calling our attention to your account.

Edited January 10, 2023

I am looking forward to never having to work with this disaster of a business again. We have issues with them on a weekly basis and their support is almost nonexistent. We have been assigned new account managers several times over the past few months. Their billing is almost always incorrect, they love to charge for made-up expenses and then not be able to provide sufficient justification for them. It seems that they have just grown way too quickly without proper infrastructure. I would not recommend working with them. They are many other reliable fulfillment centers in the US where you have real customer support and boots on the ground.

Foot Cardigan
Time spent using app: About 1 year
ShipMonk replied August 19, 2022

Good Morning Foot Cardigan -
We would love to speak more regarding the complicated issues you've encountered with us. We're sorry this experience has been less than perfect and will work to resolve them for you moving forward. We've updated our Client Success team on your feedback. One of our team members will be reaching out shortly to discuss with you. Thank you again for being a valued ShipMonk merchant. We hope to hear from you soon.

July 23, 2022

A deceptive, unethical, incompetent and extortionately priced 3PL. TLDR (Too Long Don't Read Summary): Stay far away. They almost took out our small new business. Absolutely NOT a solution for small businesses, ESPECIALLY those with many SKUs. 1. Incompetent: Lost inventory and refused to compensate (their contract DOES state they are not liable for loss or theft!!) 2 Deceptive: Sales sent a shipping rate card but actual shipping costs were 2-3 times the rate card in many cases due to them claiming 'volumetric weight'. They also refused to quote special project charges until AFTER the job is done! The OPPPOSITE to what is stated on their website! 3. Extortionate: All of our SKUs (tshirts) were placed in XL bins instead of bins actually suitable for their size. This meant actual storage fees more than doubled. It also cost us hundreds of dollars in pick fees to close our account and get out. 4. Unethical: Their sales team flat out lied regarding storage fees and shipping fees, even though we stressed we wanted maximum value as a new business in a cutthroat marketplace. Detailed critique: Shipmonk have been by far the absolute worst business to business experience EVER. And we have seen a lot in 40 years.
We only lasted 2 months with them and sustained thousands of dollars in losses. Do not be fooled by their glittering website and their plethora of awards. What we are about to say is fully documented by invoices and business email communications. In fairness to Shipmonk, we didnt experience any picking errors and their customer support was well meaning, however the negatives far outweigh these as you will soon find out. The sales team painted a rosy picture of shipmonk regarding value and efficiency, that turned out to be a blatant and complete lie. The first issue was storage. Sales mentioned the different bin sizes $1, $2 , $3 and $4 and that every SKU needs a seperate bin. We had 55 SKUs of flat tshirts, and calculated that they would fit in small, medium and a few large bins costing about $120 a month. We got our first invoice, and was shocked to find that ALL our SKUs were placed in 75 XL $4 bins, costing $300 a month!! When we confronted shipmonk, they said its because all your SKUs are SLOW MOVING, AND SLOW MOVING SKUS go in XL bins by default. Only fast moving SKUs go in small and medium bins. We were also charged for 75 bins instead of 55 bins because the supplier incorrectly packed the shipment, so around 10 bins had only 1 tshirt in each! This was NOT explained clearly by sales, and it is NOT MENTIONED in their contract, and the consequence of their deception is we were faced with storage charges 2.5 times more than budgeted. So we asked for a special project to consolidate our shipment into suitable bins to save cost, and I asked for a quote, but they flat out refused to give one - saying we only bill you after the job is done! To say we were shocked by this unethical and downright inconceivable behaviour is an understatement. Since when in business does a client not have an absolute clue what they will pay until the job is done? And that is in contrary to their website that clearly states 'contact us for any special projects needs so we can provide a quote'. Another issue that we had multiple arguments over were shipping fees. They were NOT what was stated on our rate card. We paid double to triple in fees due to them adding volumetric weight. We repeatedly said we only have flat tshirts, volumetric weight should not be an issue to double or triple the shipping cost, but they refused to budge. A third issue was lost inventory. They lost 7 of our tshirts just in the receiving process and refused to compensate. Granted, their contract clause does state non liability for loss, so be very very careful- there are MANY alternative 3PLs that insure up to $10k or more as a result of loss or theft. Finally, getting out was costly. Sales clearly said that you can 'cancel without penalty', another expertly and deceptively crafted statement. What actually happened was we were faced with picking fees to remove all our 1200 tshirts costing hundreds of dollars. Hundreds of dollars for a 2-3 hour job. That's Shipmonk looking after themselves and their sanctified bottom line, absolutely NOT a collaborative partner at all. In summary, this is an honest and scathing review of a deceptive and unethical 3PL hiding behind a glittery and well-designed website. A perfect example of a catastrophe for small businesses with limited budgets.

Just Tall
Time spent using app: 5 months
ShipMonk replied July 25, 2022

Hello Just Tall,

We're very sorry to hear that your experience with ShipMonk has been anything less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we strive to provide all of our valued merchants world-class service. Your situation requires a more in-depth response. We would love to get in contact with you to speak about it.

We've forwarded this information to our Client Success Team who will review, confirm, and reach out to discuss this with you. In the meantime if you need to get in touch, please reach out to support@shipmonk.com or call 855-222-4601 to speak with a member of our support staff. Thank you.

June 1, 2022

The integration was horrific & cost us uncountable amounts of money in damages from an intergration error that occurred right as soon as our selling season started. 6 weeks later no answer. Absolutely do not recommend unless you want to go out of business. Do NOT let them ship your amazon orders EVER.

22below
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
ShipMonk replied June 10, 2022

Hi 22below - Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize that your experience with us has been less than perfect. We are referring your notes to our Client Success team to review and touch base on. In the meantime, if you'd like to reach out you can contact them at support@shipmonk.com. Thank you for being a valued merchant, and we hope to speak soon.

April 27, 2022

Shipmonk has stupid high shipping. I have products that cost up to $100 to ship and they split it into two shipments AND charge the fulfillment fee for each. Which ends up being an additional $9. You will be paying the fulfillment fee monthly whether you ship the items or not. These fees are the same price as the storage fees so storage is double the price they say it is. Another thing about storage is that the allowable height of a pallet is on the lower side meaning they charge more than you can find elsewhere per pallet. When I started with them, they would reply to my emails and tickets within 24 hrs and now it takes them 4+ days. Many of the questions I ask them are for customers of mine (sometimes shipping delays and even not receiving). And then I often end up just giving my customers their money back While I wait for Shipmonk's reply. I found a company that has cheaper storage (larger pallets for same monthly fee) plus they don't charge the additional fulfillment fees AND they don't have a minimum monthly order. (The storage is literally half the price) And a HUGE advantage of this new company is the amazingly lower shipping cost. This $100 Shipping cost plus $9 fulfillment fees through Shipmonk is now only costing me a total of $30 with this new company - that includes fulfillment! (Went from $109 to $30) I unfortunately still have products in their warehouse and being charged a stupid amount. I have paid this other fulfillment company to pick them up. I will still need to pay Shipmonk a large amount on top of that for this other company to pick them up. Do not go with Shipmonk!!!

Drift Bliss
Time spent using app: 5 months
ShipMonk replied June 7, 2022

Hi Hans,
We apologize if your experience with us has been less than perfect. As ShipMonk, we strive to provide a world-class experienced to our merchants and its clear that expectations of service did not quick match up.

In response to your notes:
1.) Shipping Charges:
We're showing your account average shipping fee is substantially below your stated fee here. We suggest this is reviewed with our Client Success team immediately.

We also noticed the average weight of your shipments increased in February of 2022, which may explain for the change in shipping costs you are reporting. To example, heavier, oversized items typically incur more shipping cost. ShipMonk provides transparent, line item billings, so we're happy to review any specific orders in question and their resultant charges.

2.) Pick Fees - We're showing your account average pick fee is substantially below your claim here. We suggest this is reviewed with our Client Success team immediately.

3.) Monthly minimums - We do charge monthly minimums which are typical a result of the pallet storage you are utilizing in the fulfillment center. We're 100% transparent with all accounts regarding the costs of these fees (before and after account sign up) and are happy to review them with you via a meeting with our Client Success team.

4.) Response Times:
We strive to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. We apologize for the delayed response from our Happiness Engineer team and are reviewing your prior tickets internally w/ the Client Success team to see what we could have done to better handle your requests in the course of managing your account.

A senior member of our Happiness Engineer team will be reaching out to you to discuss your feedback for improvement to the account. Thank you again for being a valued merchant. We hope to hear from you soon so this is resolved to your satisfaction.

ShipMonk

March 10, 2022

Not rating the app Im rating shipmonk. Please avoid using this fulfillment center for your company if you don’t want to risk going out of business. The worst company I’ve ever worked with. The poorest communication and messed up two huge shipments of my product costing me thousands. I’m still trying to recover

Vakandi Apparel
Time spent using app: 6 months
ShipMonk replied March 16, 2022

Hi Vakandi Apparel,

Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com or call 855-222-4601 to speak with a member of our support staff.

We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

January 21, 2022

I was really excited to work with Shipmonk, their service seemed really great. However after 1 year with them I'm canceling my contract because of the constant loss of inventory that has occurred. Pros: Easy to use integrated software that syncs with Shopify and also automatically downloads my Etsy orders. Inventory tracking feature that updated my Shopify stock. When everything went well, being a Shipmonk customer was great. Orders were automatically fulfilled and it saved hours of work. Cons: They lost thousands of dollars of inventory over the course of a year, a fraction of which was reimbursed. When you sign up for their service the terms and conditions say that even though they might be at fault for lost inventory, they are not financially responsible. It was incredibly frustrating having to email their customer service every week to report an inventory discrepancy. I sell unique clothing designs that have a high production cost so I suspect staff members were stealing my products each time an order was fulfilled. Their Happiness Engineers were always very apologetic each time I reported a claim, but failed to solve the issue or explain why my inventory continually went missing in their warehouses. The rare times that Shipmonk did agree to reimburse me, they only gave me a $10 credit per unit which was a small percentage of the production cost. The lost inventory has negatively impacted my business' reputation. Because of Shipmonk's errors, each month I had to message customers to apologize that their orders could no longer be fulfilled. Many of the missing products were irreplaceable. Their software syncing system would list products as in stock on my website, then suddenly change to an inventory level of 0 when the order was being fulfilled, changing the order status to backordered. Because of Shipmonk's negligence, I've lost thousands of dollars worth of sales plus thousands in lost inventory.

YoshiZen
Time spent using app: About 1 year
ShipMonk replied February 3, 2022

Hi YoshiZen,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was anything less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we strive to provide world-class service to all of our merchants.
Due to the nature of your issues, we'd like to directly speak with you.
Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com to talk to one of our Happiness Engineers, all of which have been notified of your issues.
We look forward to speaking soon.
Thank you for being a valued ShipMonk merchant.

Edited October 4, 2021

I have been running businesses for 30+ years, and I can say, without a doubt, that no single business I have ever worked with has damaged the reputation of my company more than ShipMonk. Make no mistake, ShipMonk is a sales company, and cares very little for their customers once they have signed you up. I strongly urge you to go back through Shopify’s reviews from 2020 and early 2021. Recently, the reviews are all “miraculously” five-stars, and do not sound authentic….sound a bit more like advertisements than reviews. Who knows, maybe these vendors have had experiences with a ShipMonk from an alternate universe. And i would not buy the "COVID, COVID, COVID, we have addressed those issues" line. A Zebra does not change its stripes. Here are my experiences…judge for yourself and beware before getting in bed with these guys. Also check out their reviews on Google. All of my experiences outlined below are well-documented, and if you check out other reviews, you will see similarly bad experiences, though maybe not in as much detail! ShipMonk’s systems are poorly designed, their internal communications are terrible, their email system is very inefficient and frustrating to use, and their customer service is atrocious, both in terms of response time, getting accurate information and maybe most importantly, attitude. It is extremely slow…be prepared to wait sometimes days for a response, which is often unhelpful or inaccurate, and then wait again for their response to your response, etc., etc. Many of their customer service reps are poorly trained, often not knowing answers to basic questions or, worse, delivering incorrect information, and it is almost as if they have been trained to take any opportunity to blame the customer for any issues that arise. All of this adds up to a terrible customer experience, a lot of frustration and stress, and often requires hours each week to sort out their mess, all the while fielding phone calls from unhappy customers due to shipping errors and delayed shipments. A fulfillment center should be taking fulfillment issues off your desk, so you can focus on your business. With ShipMonk, hours a week are spent double checking their work or trying to get them to do what they are supposed to do on time and without being asked. I was with ShipMonk for about a year and a half. They initially flat out misrepresented their capabilities to me. I see from WAMA Underwear’s review, that ShipMonk is still habitually misrepresenting their services in order to sign up new clients. Like WAMA’s, their misrepresentation to us was not discovered, of course, until all of our inventory had arrived at their warehouse. They made very little effort, or displayed any urgency, to rectify the situation, and made no offer to reduce their cost of service, which went up substantially due to their misrepresentation of what they could and could not do, and at what price. All the while, their auto-payment systems keeps pulling funds from your account, while getting any kind of solution drags on and on. I gave them multiple opportunities, and tried to work with them, to make things right, but they were clearly not interested and could not be bothered. It seems their sole focus is signing up new clients, and not providing good service with a good attitude to the clients they have signed up. They have almost an adversarial relationship with their customers, as if you are just a necessary evil to generate revenue and grow. We make and sell an exercise systems. ShipMonk sent our customers, among other things, a dress, a purse, a sweatshirt and tap shoes…yes, tap shoes. They always send you a form apology email, letting you know how they are working to see that this does not happen again…until it happens again. Mispicks, missing items and wrong sizes were also a common problem. Their time estimates for special projects are not to be taken seriously. They almost never meet their own estimate, and instead, deliver excuse after excuse. You cannot rely on their status updates to communicate with your customers, because you have no idea if they will do what they said they will do when they said they will do it, leading to upset customers who rightfully blame you. The costs they charged us for special projects were grossly over-charged, and only after I discovered them and brought it to their attention, did they acknowledge as much. To this day, it is not clear to me whether we were ever refunded the overcharges, and we spent months, yes months, just trying to establish a fair charge for the work (we decided to leave before that was resolved). They provide very little transparency in regards to their costs and pricing…you have to dig into their reporting for the information. Though they have many shipping options, they are rarely the most cost effective. Since leaving, we have found significantly cheaper and more cost-effective rates, faster shipping and improved reliability. The attractive shipping options they quote are before carrier surcharges, which can be as much as 50-80% of the shipping cost itself. They partnered with several carriers during our time with them, who were flat out incompetent, lost packages, did not provide adequate tracking, etc. And ShipMonk will not allow you to follow up on your own to get tracking updates from carriers directly, so you must suffer through waiting for ShipMonk to follow up, which takes up valuable time and rarely delivers any actionable information. ShipMonk does not seem to understand, or more likely does not really care, that they are representing you, their customer, in the marketplace. When they screw up, or take days to get back to you, or ship tap shoes to your customers, the customer does not blame ShipMonk…they only know that you screwed up their order. Such is life with ShipMonk. I hope you find this information valuable. I thought it was important to share my experience in detail with you, to expose what I believe to be a very poorly run and untrustworthy company in the fulfillment space. There are plenty of fulfillment companies in the marketplace, and if you do your homework, you can likely find ones who pride themselves on customer service, and doing their job competently as an integral part of your business. And if something does go wrong, will give it and you the attention you deserve. In our experience, ShipMonk is not one of those companies. They are a sales company trying to grow as fast as they can, and you, as their customer, are of little consequence.

Wearbands
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
ShipMonk replied October 11, 2021

Hi Wearbands. We apologize that your experience with us has been anything less than perfect. At ShipMonk, we strive to provide world-class service to all of our valued merchants.
We'd love to discuss the issues you encountered while working with us. Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com to get in touch with one of our Happiness Engineers.
We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for being a valued ShipMonk merchant.