Shippit

Shippit

by Shippit

Faster, cheaper & smarter order delivery for Shopify

MuchelleB

After my experience I sadly found this app to be more of a hinderance than a help. Everyone has a different experience of course, this was just mine. To summarise: I wouldn't recommend this app to anyone. Here is why I would recommend staying away from it:

-->>There are a lot of technical bugs and functions that don't seem to work in the system, causing a LOT of headaches and wasted time. Ive had technical issues filtering tags, filtering out particular couriers from syncing with Shippit, connecting Shippit with Shopify, making sure that shipment costs actually appear on checkout. All of these issue result in dealing with the customer service team, which leads to my next point.
-->>The customer service is quite poor - the team respond fast (great!), however often (almost always somehow?) give you incorrect information (as one of a variety of examples, I was told I needed the Shopify advanced plan to use Shippit, which is incorrect, wasting me money. They also seem to be unable to access your account information, as they regularly told me that I'm not signed up for international orders although I am and that I didn't have shipping synced with Shopify although I did. When you have issues they often refer you back to Shopify - who then politely redirect you back to Shippit - and the cycle goes on)
-->> Due to the technical bugs, you end up doing a lot of manual work that the app is supposed to save you from doing.
-->> There is poor guidance on how to use the system. The tutorials that exist are basic and don't include a lot of really essential information on how to get set up, leading to a lot of problems when you go to ship. (E.g. I wasn't advised that it would be a lengthy process to enable international shipping, or that I needed phone numbers to be mandatory in my checkout process. This led me to panicking about not being able to ship internationally and manually contacting each customer to ask them for their phone numbers - upwards of 200+ people because Shippit didn't advise that this was mandatory for international orders)
-->> The shipping prices appear to be more expensive than what they would be outside of Shippit. For example, shipment of a 650g book ranges from $50 - $70 world wide, however when I installed an alternative app shipping was $35 to the same locations. I was on the unleashed plan, which is supposed to be around 30 - 40% of shipping.

Alernatives to consider are Starshipit, which is where I'm hoping to move to when I get a chance to breathe after all of the issues I'm currently dealing with using Shippit. Fingers crossed I can assist someone when making their choice with my review.

December 4, 2019

Hi, we're really sorry that you've had this experience. We've taken on your feedback and passed this on to the product team. We’re working on our processes and are constantly improving the platform. Thank you as your insights here will really help us. Sorry, we weren’t up to your expectations this time but we hope you can give us another go in the future.

Velvet Alabaster

Shippit and couriers please sucks big time!!! only been with them for 2 months and encountered tons of problems, thye lost our parcel on our 4th delivery, and no one was helpful at all. PLS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND MOST IMPORTATNLY COURIERS PLEASE! though they seem to be cheap, but thier services are the worst, they dun wait for customers at all, they knock ur door once, if u dun asnwer straight away, boom, they are gone! many more bad experiences!

December 4, 2019

Hi, so sorry that you've had this experience. Poor delivery experiences like this are the exact opposite of why we exist so we would really like to help you get the best outcome. Please email us with your store name at hello@shippit.com so we can take a look at your current set up and recommend other courier services for you to use.

Barney Bed

We had the worst experience ever from this company. Their own system lost our orders and despite us repeatedly asking they took a month to resolve it. They are very hard to contact and the system is full of bugs. We moved to Easy Ship which so far seems much more professional and the system is a million times better.

White Sands e-Boutique

No customer support. Overcharged and still no response to my complaint/enquiry. The app also doesn't support Auspost shipping without an account (and an app isn't required for anyone who already does have an account with Auspost).

April 14, 2019

Thank you for the review and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can't see any support enquiries from 'White Sands' so can you send your full request to hello@shippit.com so our team can get back to you ASAP.

lal & nil

I used to be subscribed to Shippit and was quite happy with their service. But now I have moved countries and I had to cancel my previous account and reopen a new one due to my email stopped working. Since then, I have used them twice as I go, and so far they have completely lost one of my parcels and the other one is getting delayed for pick up. Their customer service is quite inefficient as they only allow chat and keep changing the person who looks after you plus they have to liaise with the courier companies and always take a long time to get back to you if there are any issues with your deliveries. At the moment very frustrated with their service unfortunately.

King Kingsley

CONSTANT ISSUES! - They also do not work weekends for help and support so you are stuck all weekend not being able to get orders out for the week! FRUSTRATED

Laqbook

Too hard to do business with and unprofessional.

User interface is very basic and lacks key fulfillment functionality.

They also demand to see your current pricing contract with your suppliers.

If you want to do business the right way use SHIPSTATION, They are the leaders.

We tried with you, but you failed us!