Shippit | Shipping Automation

Shippit | Shipping Automation | Reviews

by Shippit

Shippit helps simplify your ship so you can scale faster.

The Salty Fox

If you are planning to use Australia Post On Demand or eParcel On Demand then unfortunately you will have to go elsewhere as you can't have it fully integrated into Shippit. You will need to manually enter every line of the customer's details & address which defeats the purpose of this app entirely. Alternatively you will have to use their Live Quotes activated which means that the full postage price is shown in the cart with no flexibility to amend shipping pricing or introduce incentives (i.e. free On Demand shipping when you spend over $X). I was incredulous to discover that support were not initially aware that Australia Post On Demand and eParcel On Demand are not actually the same service. Sure, they sound similar but when your business revolves around integrating Australia Post's services into your platform then you should make sure you're fully across all the services available with the carrier you advertise as being fully integrated with. They don't advertise a phone number so you can't speak to someone regarding support or integration issues - if there is a problem then it unfortunately won't be resolved. If you use Couriers Please or Fastway then you have to go through Shippit's support service to enquire about parcels in transit. It takes days to respond (if at all) while your customers get increasingly frustrated with you for stalling. I generally don't give negative reviews however I feel it's necessary to convey that in our experience, Shippit don't fully integrate all of Australia Post's services so it may be worth considering another provider to save you the headaches later on.

November 9, 2021

Hi The Salty Fox,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your in depth feedback. As a company constantly looking for ways to improve, we take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. We understand that you are a valuable customer of ours, so please let us know if there is anything we could do to assist you, and I will pass it onto the right person at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.

Round Boy Roasters

If I could give 0 stars, I would. Terrible service standards. I worked with shippit for months to try to help them be better. They consistently failed to improve even after multiple reviews. This app cost you money and will hurt your service standards. DO NOT under any circumstances try this. CONSIDER YOURSELF warned.

November 9, 2021

Hi Round Boy Roasters,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I are sorry to hear about your poor experience. As a company constantly looking for ways to improve, we take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. We understand that you are a valuable customer of ours, so please let us know if there is anything we could do to assist you, and I will pass it onto the right person at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.

City Subaru Parts

Absolutely non existent support. Don't bother dealing with Shippit. We've been having issues with items not being picked up by the couriers and the "support team" have been extremely unhelpful. I've been asking to speak to the regional manager but nobody wants to talk to me. Look for an alternative solution, we are!

Hi City Subaru Parts,
I am extremely sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us. Shippit is a shipping software company that connects you to the courier and we try and hold the couriers on our platform to the highest of standards. We have since significantly invested in our customer support team to better help merchants like yourself. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know and I will forward it onto the correct person at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.
Kindest regards,

ShopWorld

i have been using Shippit for more than 3 months. It's a worst service and i would not recommend. The customer service is poor, they keep responding with the standard templates. I took transit insurance as a service for which i pay extra, and since have lost two packages where i had to return money to the customer and i got nothing back from the insurance. 1 claim took 2 months and after that they said TNT left a 19KG Box at the door but did not provide any evidence. What do i tell my customer about this. 2nd product has not been delivered over 1 month and TNT confirmed me they lost it but Shippit is just lingering on and not processing the insurance. It has system issues too and it does not submit the correct pick up dates for some providers. I provided the feedback to the CS team so they can pass it on to the tech team and they instead asked me to prove them that there are system issues. Overall nice looking easy platform, but Pethatic service, and if something goes wrong then you will not be looked after.

Hi ShopWorld,
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us and we are glad to hear good to hear that you like our platform. Last year taught us a lot and we have since invested heavily in our support team so that they can better help merchants like yourself. We understand that you are a valuable customer of ours, so please let us know if there is anything we could do to assist you, and I will pass it onto the right person at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.

Agrowplow Part Store

The app functionality is passable and the plans and rates are acceptable, but that's about all Shippit has to recommend it. Integrating the service with multiple stores requires creating multiple accounts and while they'll only charge you for one, you still need to manage multiple logins. Their support across any channel is basically non-existant. They don't answer calls or return voicemails, they don't reply to emails, and you're lucky if they respond to live chat enquiries within an hour. Hell, even just creating an account with them required a third-party to put me in contact with a sales manager who then finally got someone to reach out to me - and that was how they handled a potential new client!

Hi Agrowplow,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for sharing your concerns. We are glad that you are satisfied with the app functionalities and rates. Last year taught us a lot and we have since significantly invested in our support team so that they can better help merchants. I would appreciate knowing if there is anyway we could help you out and put things right. If so, please let us know, and I will forward your enquiry to the correct contact at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.
Kindest regards,

Trader Trove

Worst app ever , takes ages to get any support and even longer for the package to get picked up, (if it gets picked up)Please beware of this one if you dont have people wanting there items promptly this is the app for you. oh did i mention the customer service was slow or even none existent?

August 16, 2020

Hey Trader Trove, we're really sorry to hear about your experience, we know it's frustrating when this happens. Shippit is shipping software that connects you to the courier - we're not actually a courier service. As you know, couriers have been incredibly pressured with the increase in deliveries since the start of coronavirus.

Shippit offers in-house support for deliveries booked on our accounts, unfortunately if the delivery was booked with one of your own accounts, we can't access that data for you. Would you mind letting us know which courier it was that didn't pickup your delivery or provide the tracking number so we can look into?

AFRICAN FABRICS AUSTRALIA

worst customer service I have encountered in a long time it takes days generally 3-4 to get a problem fixed. and that is not good enough when you need to ship a package. a 4 day lag in shipping is likely to start giving my great customer service reviews a bad rating. rates are good interface is easy but that customer service makes me so frustrated every time. I'm going back to sendle they are much better and have good customer support.

Hi African Fabrics Australia,
We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated. Last year was a busy time for us with many capacity constraints and we have since significantly invested in our support team so that they can better help merchants. We would like to put things right, so please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help and I will forward your concern to the correct person at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.
Best,

Industrie Music

Shipit is a terrible app and has garbage customer support! My store is based in Australia, and I have had nothing but issues setting up shippit with my Shopify store. shippit rates are not accurate if you have products that are outside the Satchels sizes they provide by Fastway, & couriers please you will have big issues with your shipping check out page.

also, there is no way to bulk upload your product dimensions to get accurate shipping rates for large bulky items.

there is absolutely no email customer support, I will be going to me credit card provider and requesting chrage backs for my subscription fees

Use Easy ship and sendle

Hi Industrie,
We are so sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us. We are doing everything we can to continually improve our app and service. Last year taught us a lot and we have significantly invested in our support team so that they can better help merchants. If there is anything we can do to help or assist with, please let us know and I will forward your concern to the correct person at Shippit. In the meantime, I hope we get another chance with you soon.
Warm regards,

Star Wars FOREVER

Review submitted on 5 May 2020:
What started out as utter joyous disbelief for me in finding an app on Shopify's App Store that could handle both shipments and provide a COD facility quickly turned into nightmare.

Integration issues that started from the very beginning have turned into total chaos for me and my site with other related issues creeping up. Not only have I been given reasons after reasons on why all the screw ups are taking place, this service provider has yet to settle the whole issue despite having already eaten up 14 days of my time and giving me a few sleepless nights - IMAGINE - 14 days of having a paid site that does not really have a workable shipping page and 14 days of lost of income. Furthermore, some answers given have not been true... and don't even get me started on the attitude of 2 of their employees.

Since my web store is a newbie, I obviously didn't think anyone would have tried to buy any of my products yet and gave Shippit time to settle the issue but sadly, I have lost my first customer and I have the email to proof it.

To all Malaysian website owners who are intending to use Shippit, thread carefully - if possible, look elsewhere. Some of their staff do not even know what they're doing or selling and if you're hoping to have someone settle your issues during weekends, tough luck! The response rate on queries could also be better...as an example, my last email to Shippit was at 9:04am, Malaysian time. It is now 5:31pm and I have still not heard back from Shippit!

Perhaps Shippit needs to get off the grid and go back to the basics before promising A, B and C to potential clients.

Come on, ensure all your bases are covered before even deciding to play with the big boys!

I am still waiting, Shippit - or maybe you would like me to go somewhere else for my shipment rates to materialise on my web store? I will allow the management team of Shippit to decide!

PS.

1. Has the management team of Shippit not "wondered" why bad reviews continue to be posted since September 2017?

2. To the management team of Shopify, kindly vet through companies properly. People, like me, decided to exercise our entrepreneurship through sweat and hard earned money with Shopify and obviously, after x-amount of years signed up with Shopify, we do have some form of trust in what Shopify publishes or promotes on its app store. To a certain degree, Shopify is somewhat responsible for allowing us clients go through such bad experiences too when Shopify continues to list such companies in the app store despite knowing that after 32 months since the first bad review, multiple bad reviews of a similar nature continue to surface (10.34% bad reviews of the total number of reviews, to me, is a high number).

Updated @ 7:21pm, 5 May 2020:
Shopify team,
Kindly note that I just sent an email to Shippit, terminating their services and have requested that the integration be removed from my site. Your team should be receiving the email too.

Updated @ 7 May 2020 - Written below is my reply to Shippit's 7 May 2020 comments and explanations on statements made of my earlier review. Shippit's reply to my review is either a DESPERATE move to "soften the blow" from the damage my review might or is already causing their business, or, have been misinformed on timelines by their team when it came to "solving" the integration issues and the date the complaint first surfaced. I have all the proof needed to substantiate my statements as per what was written in my first review:

To the person who replied my review - SHAME ON YOU for lying but I will give you the benefit of the doubt - that your colleagues lied to you to save their skin!

Not only do I have the documented emails between your various staff and me (with 1 not being able to solve the issues, you needed 3 different people to be assigned), I also have the recorded phone call of the initial conversation between your sales staff and me.

Very clearly, in one of my last emails to your staff, it was mentioned that for the sake of a paper trail (and for the very reason of miscommunication - "I said this, you said that"), I was not going to entertain any more phone calls.
Also, if indeed you sent DETAILED instructions as claimed in your reply, where is the proof cause I surely DID NOT receive any "detailed" instructions. In fact, I even highlighted via email that one of Shippit's website links were not working - I HAVE THE PROOF! Maybe you would like to check with your "close-knit" working family why no reply was made to that email???

Not every day is filled with rainbows and sunshine, people of Shippit - just say SORRY when you are wrong instead of coming up with ridiculous replies in the hope of making the reviewer look like a fool!

May 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We’re a close-knit business that really love what we do and take pride in seeing our retailers succeed. Hearing your feedback was deeply upsetting to hear, especially as it is vastly different to the majority of other experiences on our platform. After investigating this with the team, we’d like to address and clarify the points you’ve raised from the perspective of our team.

In regards to not having a working shipping page for 14 days due to integration issues. We shared a step by step guide on how to integrate Shippit with Shopify which instructs users to begin the process inside the Shippit platform. As this was not followed, our support team stepped in to help. After resetting your account's integration, the steps were again not followed contributing to further delays. This is a standard guide to all of our retailer. We’ve also tested this integration and on average it takes 7 minutes or less to integrate and book in your first order.

Whilst investigating this issue further, we found this issue was initially raised on the 30th of April, meaning it's been 7 days. Our team have been in touch every day, and have attempted to call you repeatedly. We can also appreciate 7 days in an unacceptably long resolution time but not being able to get in touch and delays in hearing back from you had contributed to this.

Being a growing business with a close team, we can certainly relate to what it feels like to lose your first customer. Whilst our integration does not support live quoting, we shared an equally apt alternative, and to implement this for the best outcome possible. We also offered guidance on how to create zones and a rate card to help you ensure the rates you entered were accurate.

We’re so sorry to hear your experience above. We can also appreciate that there may have been misunderstandings that contributed to the gravity of your experience. We’d love to make this right for you and are here to help.

opti-MY-WISE life®

Unable to load app. Have tried shippit and shopify support. Now waiting to talk to shippit again on tuesday or will have to abandon shippit for another company

February 27, 2020

Hi, thank you for trying Shippit. I believe a representative did reach out to you on Tuesday to help you set up your account. Sorry that we weren't able to help you before your onboarding session as we received no tickets for support.
We're always willing to help when there are problems and syncing issues are an easy fix as our onboarding manager mentioned in your session. If you let us help you, Shippit can be a very easy platform to use. Sorry to see you leave before even trying the platform which we know would help streamline your shipping process. If you'd like to give us a fair go, we would be delighted to assist you through our services. Thank you.

Previous 1