Shipwire Order Management

Shipwire Order Management

by Shipwire

The worlds most powerful cloud fulfillment platform

Gilbano

WE ARE OUT, WORST 3PL EVER!
In a nutshell: We’ve been with Shipwire for about a year and it’s been a very disappointing experience to say the least. Some things work but a large majority of things do not. Some examples: case IDs remain open for weeks without finding solutions, customer service emails and voicemails are ignored altogether, improper invoices, telephone lines heavily understaffed. Worst of all: NO ONE EVER seems to be responsible. We could go on for hours. In short, the Shipwire marketing brochures and videos are shiny, bright and clear but behind the scenes it seems chaotic to say the least. STAY AWAY FROM SHIPWIRE. Feel free to contact us if you want good alternative 3PL contacts in the US, Europe and Asia.
PS: As additional sources of information we recommend tweets about Shipwire on twitter and their profile on trustpilot.com. Be prepared for some negative surprises!

Paracable

Shipwire is the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. They are absolutely terrible at their job and their customer support is a complete joke. Absolutely avoid this company like the plague, you are better off tossing your products and your brand's reputation directly in the garbage.

Here's a little taste of what we've been through with them. The first thing they did was get us kicked off of amazon sellers platform by shipping an entire weeks work of orders about 8 days late flagging our account in Amazon for suspension for late shipments. They refused to apologize or take responsibility for this incident and would do nothing beyond sending a crappy letter to send along to amazon to try and rectifiy it. It took me 5 emails, 2 phone calls and over a month to even get a basic refund on handling for all of those late shipped orders.

They send 1 of an item when a customer orders 2. This happens daily. They're response was that they found the problem and fixed it. Not 3 days later it starts happening again and continues to happen daily. Not once did anyone take responsibilty or apologize. They take forever to respond and take even longer to take any action. Their customer service reps all the way up to management simply do not care about you, your company, or your problems. I have no idea how the hell they are still in business.

They send the wrong items all the time, this happens daily.
They send products from completely different companies to our customers.
They send completely empty sealed packages. After I notified them of this they said that the particular SKU was a "pick n pack" SKU and came prepackaged. This is simply not true and never was true. Also that's not even what "Pick n Pack" means at all. But besides that, it doesnt take a genius to notice a package is completely empty when shipping it out. It seriously seems like they are doing it on purpose. Once the customer support agent realized his mistake, he says "yeah you're right" and then tells me how to go about putting in a damn ticket to get the correct product sent. Guess what, genius, the customer absolutely does not want anything to do with us after that so I had to refund the order.

We're currently trying to get our products to a different provider but we can't because the inventory count is so incredibly messed up it is impossible without physically going to their warehouse (which by the way is forbidden by them, you can't) or waiting on them to do a manual audit which will take weeks. Meanwhile its basically a full time job dealing with customers who have been sent wrong or missing items. This isnt rocket science. All of our products are clearly marked and packaged with UPC's. You get a system with a scanner and a scale and there are zero chances of shipping something incorrectly. Come to find out, they dont scan anything. Everything is hand picked in their warehouses. And furthermore I'm not even sure if they own and operate the warehouses outside of Palo Alto at all. I mean, that's really the only thing that can explain it. They're simply a service middle man for outsourced warehouses which they have absolutely no control over and nor do you. If they do actually own and operate the warehouses, then this is just rampant mismanagement and incredibly poor hiring.

Here's the simple truth. Shipwire will absolute ruin your business's reputation at every chance they get. They will take a carefully planned and executed customer experience that you have been honing for years and absolutely take a crap all over it by sending your customer an empty package. 0 Stars.

Mugsy 2

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

And I mean that with no exaggeration. I cannot stress enough that you should avoid using Shipwire at all costs.

Here are a few (of the many) terrible experiences I had with Shipwire: My shipping costs quadrupled when I started with them because their algorithm couldn't find the right box for my product (clothing). As a result, their system put my product in a box that was 4X larger than it needed to be, which increased shipping costs dramatically. Not to mention Shipwire hit me with a bunch of hidden fees for finding the right box, filling the box with filler material, charges for the actual filler material, etc. When I informed them of this issue, they simply told me that I'd have to figure out a way to trick their algorithm into picking the right box for my product...somehow it was all on me to figure it out by trial and error. Also, for a few orders, Shipwire said they fulfilled and shipped the orders but actually didn't. It took my customers emailing me weeks after they submitted their orders for us to realize the issue. When I reached out to Shipwire to inform them and ask for a refund, they said my customer would have to fill out a form to prove the product was never received, despite the fact that the tracking numbers Shipwire provided clearly showed that the package never left the warehouse. They even refused to accept the form when I filled it out on my customers behalf since I didn't want to inconvenience my customers any more than Shipwire already had. They've since cancelled my refund request and have not reimbursed me for the costs. Last, realizing that I had to cut all ties with this company immediately (only after a couple months of working with them mind you), I went through the process of getting all my inventory returned to me and closing my account. Despite the fact that their warehouse was 30 minutes away from my HQ, they refused to let me come by to get the product and insisted it had to be shipped to me (Note: every other outsourced fulfilling company I've spoken to since said that's unheard of). Further, Shipwire told me that to get my inventory back I would have to ship each unit of my product back individually, which would incur their per unit picking fees. In response I asked if there was a way they could put all my units into a few large boxes and just ship those large boxes out instead, to which they said (verbatim), "Oh, yeah, I guess we could do that." The Shipwire picking costs to return my inventory via the method I suggested (with a few big boxes) was only $40; the Shipwire picking costs to return my inventory via the method they suggested (each unit individually) would have been thousands of dollars. At no point did they even mention there were alternatives; in fact, they said shipping individually was the only option available to me until I pushed back and sent in a special request.

One other thing I feel I have to mention. They assigned a customer service agent to my account. At one point, I called in to check on the status of my inventory return (since she had gone radio silent on me for weeks). Another agent informed me that my agent was unavailable because she leaves work at 2PM everyday, and that she was the only person in the entire company that could help me. He said she typically starts work at 6AM though (to make up for leaving so early everyday), and I could call her first thing the next morning the following day. So I tested that. I called in every hour the following morning starting at 6AM PST to see when she'd be available. I didn't get a hold of her until 6 hours later.

This is the only negative review I've ever written on the internet, and it pains me to trash another company publicly. But my experience with Shipwire was so consistently terrible that I feel obligated to make others aware of it, in the hopes that I can help them avoid an extremely timely and costly mistake, which could easily be fatal to a small company starting out.

Predator Cycling

Don't use them! They have lost our products repeatedly within their own warehouses, shipped the wrong items (not even our items) to customers, shipped products late and you need to stay on top of them 24/7 to get anything shipped out on time. Have had to open a case every week for the last 2 months. On top of that had to open cases every time something has gone wrong to get credited. And you call support and they hangup on you. Once we finally terminated our account and requested the return of our products, they shipped our product back late and in a damaged box. Great ideas, horrible execution for a "premier" shipping service.

Charitymagnets

If i could give zero stars i would. When i signed up with this company, it was with a certain payment plan. I have a small company and really only use them when I travel. I paid to ship my products there, which is totally understandable and I would always expect to do so. I did it with the knowledge that they were ok with my small quantities and occasional use. Well they pulled the rug out from under me. I was sent an email stating that they will now charge $500 per month no matter what! This is not what we agreed to. I now need to get my products back and find another fulfillment center and i need to pay exorbitant prices to get my products back. They should cover the cost since they changed the contract, not me. Not only do i need to pay A LOT to get my products back, they are charging me for everything (pick fees, handling, etc..)! They expect me to do crazy, time intensive online work with their crappy system in order to 'exit'. As i'm typing this, i'm sitting on the phone for 56 min. on hold for customer service.
BUYER BEWARE. They are horrible and dishonest.

Godhatesgames

I'm an ex-Shipwire customer, we used them for 6 months. They started out great, my sales rep lured me in with personal attention and quick responses. Sure their prices were high, but their website was well put together and integrated easily with Shopify. Things ran relatively smoothly till they shipped out our first order. We had shipped them marketing inserts, they didn't include them with any of our first 500 orders. So I contacted customer support to fix the issue and they refused to fix it, they also stopped talking to me. So I emailed my old sales rep, he stopped reading my emails. So I guessed the CEO's email and told him how poorly I was treated. He never responded but someone did get back to me eventually. From there on it was nothing but a fight to fix any issue. Their customer service team is garbage.

Also, if it seems like their prices are high, thats because they are. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else.

Dock Artisan

We have been with Shipwire since Dec 2015 and I have to say that it was very bad timing on my part to send inventory to them at their/our busiest season. Basically Dec was a rough month overall to make this transition. We had some challenges to say the least but I was always encouraged (by our rep) to give them another chance and they were good with providing refunds on mis-picks, etc. Now that we have 3 solid months into it with 3 warehouses in 3 countries, we are super happy! The integration with Shopify is ridiculously easy and their internal software is very advanced and adds huge advantages in regards to shipping options. I have to be honest that I almost gave up on them in the first month but so glad I didn't. Now I have a dedicated service rep and get immediate responses from her. We are happy to be scaling with Shipwire and they have a strong future and are not going anywhere. My advise to anyone thinking about using this company is to make the transition in your slowest month and get properly setup with a knowledgable service rep. There are some key variables that you will want to enable or disable depending on your needs.

Cat Crib

What a mess. Their software seems to have gone through several different iterations (the dashboard we login to is nothing like all their "help" files online). The inventory they display on your account does not match what should be in their warehouses. Customer service is a joke.

UPDATE: The final cherry on top is that they are now charging users a minimum of $500/month. If you don't make up that much in fees they will just charge you the difference. What a joke! If you want to remove your inventory form their warehouses they will charge you the pick and pack fee for every item. They can't just ship back everything and close down your account. They want to charge you outrageous fees to handle each and every item you have stored with them.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Orangemud

I was hesitant to use them given the reviews, but was assured it was just the tiny stores that didn't know what they are doing that didn't try and make it work. Well, we may not be huge, but we've got a lot of product in their warehouse and things have not gone smoothly since starting at the end of November. Currently I have 5 cases open with them where getting an answer back is impossible. Your on boarding specialist will get you in, then dump you off to customer care. It's an ironic name, given that they don't seem to care actually at all. So here are just some of the issues as of today.

1. We have packages scheduled to ship in box sizes far greater than what is at all logical. We tried to get this changed with our on boarding guy, but he quickly noted "all of your further inquiries will be handled by customer care" when we asked to get this fixed. This was after he said he'd fix it. That was the end of December, and we still don't have this resolved. Last update it was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but still of course haven't heard back even though we've stayed on them, rather than them communicating with us.

2. We don't have poly bags. Be careful of the rates they quote you in the beginning. We always ship in poly bags so our size and weights were different when they said they don't ship in poly bags after on board. Now after further digging I find out they do. Why is this a big deal? It adds a lot of cost when going with dimensional based weight, especially with sizing being off.

3. Shipstation integration. Yes they integrate, but good luck getting it to work right. Your settings are very basic. "Ground" being one of them that is funny. You don't know if it's first class, priority mail, or something else. It just defaults to ground. The fields also don't match up. For international we have to choose priority mail to get first class rates. So I'm selecting priority mail, paying first class, and assuming it will go first class, but I guess if it didn't that would be awesome. Ship station says it's a ship wire issue. Ship wire says it's a ship station issue. How is logic mapping my issue? You two should work this out, this isn't a customer issue.

4. Last week we had a package that was supposed to ship, Monday, 1/11. The package was created, but nothing ever updated. I submitted this for resolve on Thursday and never heard back, called on Friday 1/15 and was told that she'll hopefully have an answer same day or Monday. Sent an email yesterday (Tuesday 1/19) asking for an update and nothing. Again today and nothing. Case still open.

5. Yesterday we found out that they shipped the wrong product for an order. Not sure how or why, don't have resolution yet, but at this rate, I doubt we'll ever find out.

6. Our first shipment they received a partial to a case. When I said that's not possible as we triple checked everything and he told me that it was short shipped. I had to get forceful to get him to check which he finally did and said it was indeed short. Then I got more forceful and all the sudden I was right and the inventory was somehow found. Kind of sketchy as it looks pretty obvious that diligence wasn't being done to make sure the shipment was correct.

There are more issues, but I'll stop there. I really wanted this to work, and am still trying to make it work, but they are extremely unresponsive so good luck.

The Travel Bra 2

Going with Shipwire has been a disaster for us. The Shipwire software only allows us to configure our product in one mastercase size. We configured our product in a 120 box to go to the Los Angeles warehouse - then when we tried to send the same product in boxes of 100 we had to pay a $2,000 bond which was huge for us because Shipwire treated each individual item in the 100 cartons as individual entries. Furthermore, we discovered that Shipwire does not actually have its own warehouse in Hong Kong but uses another company - this confused our freight forwarder, especially because Shipwire refused to give us the Hong Kong warehouse phone number and so caused delays in delivering. The support at Shipwire is only Monday to Friday USA time - we are an Australian company importing from China - so we could not get support when we needed it - causing further delays and ultimately greater costs. We are getting away from Shipwire as soon as we can work out how.