Shipwire Order Management

Shipwire Order Management

by Shipwire

The worlds most powerful cloud fulfillment platform

Acme Co Usa

We've been with shipwire for 6 months. They get you on board with their slick looking shopify integration and website and great customer service before you start.

Then they start shipping wrong products, sending too much to customers, losing products, sending one item instead of a case, then sending a full case instead of the rest of the case they were supposed to send.

They have lost thousands of dollars of inventory, with no explanation.

They "guarantee" a turnaround time of 24 hours. With hundreds of our orders sent in the past few months, we can count maybe one or two orders that they sent out in less than 72 hours. The guarantee just means they give you a refund of $2.50 when they don't meet it. I don't even think they try.

They have cost us thousands and thousands of dollars in the past few months in incorrect shipments and lost product. Now they are going to charge us more money to move our products out of their warehouse. Plus they have over $3000 in "deposit" from us. (Why they need a deposit when they are the ones who have our stuff, I do not know).

They have tentatively said they will partially refund us for some of the inventory they have lost or sent out incorrectly - but the reputational damage with our customers is beyond repair. One of our largest customers has received FOUR incorrect orders in a row from Shipwire. They now think we are a joke.

DON'T GO NEAR THIS COMPANY.

UPDATE: A week later, and we cannot get anyone at Shipwire to call or email us back. They seem to have realised that our account is so badly messed up, that there is nothing they can do to help us, and are scared to contact us. We have phoned and emailed over 40 times, with no response. They have over $100k of our inventory, and we cannot even get anyone to speak to us. Our customers have paid for orders which might never ship. Our reputation with our customers is ruined.

UPDATE DECEMBER 18TH:
Still not much further ahead. Shipwire are unresponsive. We have orders sitting in their queue for over a month and a half. They avoid our phone calls. We have been unable to sell or ship anything over the entire Christmas period, and our customers are livid. They are holding $100k worth of inventory, and they will not even communicate with us. The only thing they've managed to do in this time is send out an email saying that their Terms and Conditions are changing to make them less liable for all of our products that they have shipped out incorrectly and lost. This has been a huge money pit for us. Twitter and facebook are full of messages from their customers trying to get them to reply or ship orders out. It is likely they are on the verge of going out of business, and all of our inventory will end up at an auction somewhere, for us never to see again.

Snowboardaddiction

We have 3 Shipwire warehouses in 3 countries. We manage all 3 warehouses with ease and simplicity, all from the one Shipwire interface. This would be a whole lot more difficult without them. We are scaling up further next year, and we know that adding another warehouse will be simple and easy.

What is also promising with Shipwire, is that they are constantly upgrading and updating things to make life on our end easier and more convenient.

At the start of our relationship with Shipwire, it was hit and miss with service and efficiency, depending on the Customer Care Rep we got at the time. However, the customer care has improved dramatically during our time with Shipwire, and I cannot fault the last few customer care reps who helped us out when we needed them.

We recommend Shipwire to any business wanting to scale up fast, while ensuring the simplicity and efficiency is maintained.

Cheers,

Snowboard Addiction

Onesize Apparel

So far, is a NIGHTMARE.
Let me tell you. You will love Shipwire when you see the cute view above. You will love them even more when you are setting up your account. But once you start sending your inventory, get ready to loose your hairs.

Customer service is just... horrible. Period. Don't take my word for it. Experience it yourself.

Do you have lots of back up money?? Good luck. Because Shipwire will take a deposit per "item" once you inventory reaches a certain number. That's right. Don't recall exactly how much, but they will take about $2 per item. If you don't understand what I'm saying, just ask them about this funny deposit.

Are you closing your account and want your inventory back? Get ready to exchange emails for close to 2 months.... and counting. Yep. I've been trying to close my account and asking for my inventory but no luck so far. Since I have a balance on the account, all I'm asking is to use the balance I have to send me all the inventory that my balance allows and just abandon the rest. But, so far, this has been an impossible task for Shipwire.

I love the potential that Shipwire has. Only if it worked as nicely and cutely has the Video above!! But no. Far from it. Still don't take my word for it. I see lots of 5 stars reviews here. So they must like it.

Yet, when you begin to experience any sign of the frustration, GET THE HELL OUT before too late.

K Circlelenses

Same issue like DirtBaggies. We shipped 870 units to Shipwire, after 68 units fulfilled, the inventory shows only 432 units left. There was about 400 units lost in the warehouse for no reason. Customer service is slow (Joel Kemp was our representative), usually responses in about 2+ days and keep telling that the inventory currently is accurate without any proof.

Owning 3 businesses but this time I got screwed from start-up with Shipwire (1st time working with them). Orders was put on hold due to insufficient stock (which is obviously not). Our customer keep emailing us because they think they got scammed. Got another email from customer report that they receive double what she ordered. We believe most of orders was doubled due to Shipwire inventory issue. We have to take the website down after 2 days of Grand Opening - what's a shame.

Will researching on competitor to see if there is any better service out there.

We will update the process that Shipwire do to fix the problem. You guys are welcome to visit our website and contact us regarding using fulfillment service we are more than happy to share our experience.

PS: Sound like a feedback from competitor but it is from a stressful business owner. We are no way get paid or get any benefit of leaving this feedback.

Sincerely,

Update August 26, 2015: We got the problem resolved and get refund for all the item lost. They offer me a free project to cycle count the inventory to get an accurate inventory. We still lost sale because it take about 3-4 weeks to resolve the problem while we still paying the warehouse fees.

Please aware the deposit of $1.25 / item if you send large quantity of inventory (about 500 items) so it will cost you more up-front. AND Not all of orders are not ship same day.

Skulpt Inc

Shipwire and Shopify for that matter are both winners! It begins with great customer service. The interface is intuitive and keeps getting better and really the team at Shipwire has been absolutely fantastic to work with. As with any early stage company, you are as good as your people and the partners you choose and we are happy we chose Shipwire as a key partner. They have kept in constant contact, helped us through all set ups and continue to be there when we have had questions or issues. As a logistics provider, they've got the right dots on the map and clearly the right people in the seats.

Highly recommend!

Dirtbaggies

Shipwire LOST thousands of dollars of my inventory - the losses didn't become apparent until orders failed to ship. I've lost customers and am unexpectedly out of stock now on many items.

Clearly many Shopify users have incurred losses due to Shipwire's terrible service, there also are complaints on BBB.org, my guess is that there are many more upset customers who've suffered losses but have not aired their problems publicly.

Should we club together to recover those losses in a class-action? I'd willingly forfeit a percentage to recover my losses. Can Shopify act as lead plantiff?

GlowingOil Skincare - Lightening Serums 10-20% HQ

Easily the best thing I've done for my business. Allowed me to truly enter a global market and offer exceptional levels of customer service worldwide. Trust me, this is one free trial that you're going to one to take. Cheers!

DailyBurn Store

We have been using the shopify-shipwire integration for about 4 months now, after migrating from an internally built e-commerce front end connected to Amazon FBA. As might be expected, there have been minor hiccups along the way, but we've been pretty happy with the integration. Setting it up was relatively easy and we were able to talk to someone at Shipwire to make sure our products were set up properly.

Pros:
- Warehouse receiving guidelines are pretty straightforward and not nearly as cumbersome as Amazon
- Support team is responsive
- The integration with shopify is quick and easy

Cons:
- If you have low stock on an item, watch it very closely. We found that shopify continued to accept orders on an out of stock product because shipwire counts incoming inventory (INCLUDING returns, which might have to be scrapped) as available inventory.
- currently shipwire is not able to communicate to shopify when an order actually ships. If you're trying to reconcile sales to inventory between the two systems for financial/cogs purposes, this makes it tough

Overall, we are happy. Just go in with the expectation that while this will make your life much much easier, it is not completely hands off (yet). We have addressed some of the "cons" directly with the company and they seem committed to continuing to make improvements.

tenqa

Totes amaze. Everything is automated and that makes life easy.

norrom

I agree with the other review on here. I submitted a ticket to customer services over a week ago and someone responded to say they would look in to it and get back to me by Thursday, then they never followed it up. When I chased them I didn't get a response. It reflects terribly on a logistics business, giving the impression that they are disorganised and poorly equipped to support their customers. Like most people, I am hesitant to risk the reputation of my own brand on a fulfillment company that can't even reply to support tickets and emails.

Feb 2014 UPDATE: Some time after writing my original review above I was contacted by someone at Shipwire who then dealt with the enquiry and spent quite a lot of time and effort to resolve it and keep me informed of progress. It seems Shipwire have recently made some organisational changes to ensure that customer service (and I suspect new customer onboarding) is improved. So credit to them for this.

I should also comment that the technical integration between our store and their platform was relatively seamless and straightforward from the outset.