Shipwire Order Management

Shipwire Order Management

by Shipwire

The worlds most powerful cloud fulfillment platform

Snowboardaddiction

We have 3 Shipwire warehouses in 3 countries. We manage all 3 warehouses with ease and simplicity, all from the one Shipwire interface. This would be a whole lot more difficult without them. We are scaling up further next year, and we know that adding another warehouse will be simple and easy.

What is also promising with Shipwire, is that they are constantly upgrading and updating things to make life on our end easier and more convenient.

At the start of our relationship with Shipwire, it was hit and miss with service and efficiency, depending on the Customer Care Rep we got at the time. However, the customer care has improved dramatically during our time with Shipwire, and I cannot fault the last few customer care reps who helped us out when we needed them.

We recommend Shipwire to any business wanting to scale up fast, while ensuring the simplicity and efficiency is maintained.

Cheers,

Snowboard Addiction

DailyBurn Store

We have been using the shopify-shipwire integration for about 4 months now, after migrating from an internally built e-commerce front end connected to Amazon FBA. As might be expected, there have been minor hiccups along the way, but we've been pretty happy with the integration. Setting it up was relatively easy and we were able to talk to someone at Shipwire to make sure our products were set up properly.

Pros:
- Warehouse receiving guidelines are pretty straightforward and not nearly as cumbersome as Amazon
- Support team is responsive
- The integration with shopify is quick and easy

Cons:
- If you have low stock on an item, watch it very closely. We found that shopify continued to accept orders on an out of stock product because shipwire counts incoming inventory (INCLUDING returns, which might have to be scrapped) as available inventory.
- currently shipwire is not able to communicate to shopify when an order actually ships. If you're trying to reconcile sales to inventory between the two systems for financial/cogs purposes, this makes it tough

Overall, we are happy. Just go in with the expectation that while this will make your life much much easier, it is not completely hands off (yet). We have addressed some of the "cons" directly with the company and they seem committed to continuing to make improvements.

norrom

I agree with the other review on here. I submitted a ticket to customer services over a week ago and someone responded to say they would look in to it and get back to me by Thursday, then they never followed it up. When I chased them I didn't get a response. It reflects terribly on a logistics business, giving the impression that they are disorganised and poorly equipped to support their customers. Like most people, I am hesitant to risk the reputation of my own brand on a fulfillment company that can't even reply to support tickets and emails.

Feb 2014 UPDATE: Some time after writing my original review above I was contacted by someone at Shipwire who then dealt with the enquiry and spent quite a lot of time and effort to resolve it and keep me informed of progress. It seems Shipwire have recently made some organisational changes to ensure that customer service (and I suspect new customer onboarding) is improved. So credit to them for this.

I should also comment that the technical integration between our store and their platform was relatively seamless and straightforward from the outset.

Bummer Bears

Being able to connect my Shopify site to Shipwire has given me back my life! I used to have to pack and ship all of my orders myself and it was extremely time-consuming. Now with, literally, a push of a button on my iPhone (I used the Shopify app that allows me to review the order and then promote it straight to Shipwire) I've fulfilled the order and I didn't have to spend any time with boxes, tape, printing labels, etc.
I didn't give it 5 stars for the following reasons:
(1) There are no email alerts when a package can't be shipped out due to an address error or problem. If I don't actually log on to the Shipwire site, I may not realize that an order has been sitting there, un-shipped, for a day or two. They should send an email alert when an order can't be processed.
(2) They only ship Mon-Fri. When I shipped my own products I shipped 7 days a week (I'm in NYC and our P.O. is open every day). I would have expected Shipwire to at least be open 6 days a week so that my Friday orders wouldn't have to wait until Monday to be shipped.

Overall, I highly recommend Shipwire to any small business. I've been using them for a little over a year and everything has been running smoothly for me. You will be amazed at how convenient it is and how much time you can gain back by no longer having to worry about doing your own packing and shipping.