Facebook & Google Strategies

Facebook & Google Strategies

by Shoelace

Tech-enabled paid media buying with white-glove support

ProHorse

The app has been working great for us (easy to setup for store owners that are beginners in retargeting).
HOWEVER SHoelace recently turned off and then turned on all of our ads. So ALL OF OUR SOCIAL PROOF ON OUR ADS IS GONE. Weve spent hundreds of dollars to get lots of happy customers liking and commenting on our posts. and now we have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. I do not recommend this app.

August 8, 2019

Hi there,

We’re glad that you saw good results with the app! It looks like our system automatically updated the Facebook campaign name as a product improvement and this caused Facebook to refresh the entire ad. Any change like this (impacting ad name, copy, creative) will cause Facebook to refresh the ad, removing likes and comments. Unfortunately, the refresh is not something we can control and is standard practice for Facebook. It definitely wasn’t our intention to remove the social proof from the Shoelace campaign, and we always seek client approval prior to making creative changes on your behalf.

We’d be happy to support you in getting your Shoelace retargeting back up and running! Please reach out to support@shoelace.com and we’d be happy to get you started again :)

We look forward to hearing from you!
Team Shoelace

Brand Corner

My 14 day free trial started today after I authorised an ad. Which Shoelace promptly emailed me saying my free trial will also end today. No one I can get hold of on customer support, email facebook. So I'm leaving this review in the hopes I get a response to extend my free trial to actually test the app.

July 30, 2019

Hi there 👋,

Apologies for your experience when you first installed the app - we certainly didn't intend for that to happen! Please note, the auto-email that you received with the trial start and end dates matching was indeed a glitch, and our developers are working to resolve this issue. Your full 14-day free trial in fact began once your first campaign was launched, as this error was in the email only.

It looks like you had originally contacted our us outside of our operating hours, but we're very happy to let you know our customer success team were able to reach back out to you within two hours of your initial request, sharing details about the email error as well as informing you about our extra extension of your trial. 😊

It looks like you’ve since set a campaign live (congrats! 🙌), so please do let us know if you have any questions at all on this or anything else by emailing us at support@shoelace.com.

Happy retargeting,
Team Shoelace

One Tree Planted

We're seeing some great results with the Shoelace journeys plan so far. The customer support team has been exceptional in getting us onboarded and troubleshooting some pesky Facebook issues in the beginning, and now we're on a roll. Retargeting is an essential component of our marketing strategy and Shoelace provides a great way to share intuitive content that resonates with our audience.

mini mioche

Super easy to use, simple integration and with a great support team from setting up/integration to launch. It's definitely made managing our ads a lot more streamlined (especially as a small team) and have enabled us to focus on other channels with confidence that our FB/IG ads are performing efficiently and effectively.

MakeupObsession

they make you sign up and ask a lot of questions and in the end the only choice they give you is paying between 75 and 1500$. At least for me it was impossible to get a trial or a demo before choosing to pay. >Very poor customer experience. I am happy to pay for a great product that creates value but that is what you should show me first... Fortunately most competitors have a much better mindset...

June 16, 2019

Hi There 👋
Sorry to hear about your experience with us so far. Please note that our Automations ($79/mo) & Journey ($499/mo) plans both come with a 14-days free trial, allowing you to test Shoelace risk-free. We do ask for a credit card during sign up but you'll not be charged if you decide not to stay with Shoelace after the trial period. We'd be happy to show you a demo. Please email us at support@shoelace.com to put something on the calendar 😊 Talk soon.

Budgy Smuggler AU

Huge fan.
It's made the retargeting of our website visitors so easy.
The creative process is also super simple and very effective.

ESTHER & CO.

Shoelace is a super effective app that is not only easy to use, but has all the features to help you achieve amazing results. Since working with Shoelace we have had amazing results almost instantly. The team behind the app have also been extremely helpful when assisting us set up campaigns.

Krystal Whitten

UPDATED 9/4/19: Shoelace was quick to contact me about the problems I was having - some of them were my own fault and some were technical things on my website. Their customer service was impressive and after having a short break from running ads, I'm ready to use their service again.
----------
ORIGINAL POST: Have used since early 2018. I thought this app was working well for me until the last month when there were no sales "reported" on their app analytics. I reached out for help changing my ad and didn't get a response back for a week. Then when someone did respond, they asked how much traffic my site gets monthly. When I replied 4k-6k, again I got no response. I noticed they no longer offer the $49/mo plan that I'm on. So I went and checked my Google analytics, and the data there does not mirror what the Shoelace app reports. Not even close. Shoelace says my sales through them have been $4000+ but Google says less than $400. I've wasted my money. I'm cancelling my account and looking for something else.

May 1, 2019

Hi Krystal - I'm very sorry for this experience. It does look like our messaging system directed your question to the wrong team which resulted in delayed replies. However, these responses were still outside our usual window and after this was brought to my attention (thank you!) I've spoken with the team to try and identify these cases daily and direct to the appropriate team. I've sent you an email for a few specific recommendations regarding your ads, if you could please check your inbox :).

We believe in full transparency which is why we offer our services in user's own Facebook ad accounts - results are pulled directly from Facebook. With that said, we know Facebook and Google tend to report different results. We have a help article available to explain why this occurs and how to work with both platforms to get a fuller picture of attribution (generally the reason a visitor converts is the result of multiple ads from multiple sources): https://help.shoelace.com/results/google-analytics-results-that-are-different-than-facebook - hope this helps clarify!

As you noticed, we have recently launched a new version of our app with additional features and have grandfathered our old plans. Users are welcome to stay on if they do not yet have a need for the additional features!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns (you can reply to the email I sent your way or at support@shoelace.com) and we would be happy to help!

Always Fits

Invaluable support team. We signed up on the highest level, because we needed the hand holding and support. They were exceptionally knowledgeable. Great return on all of the campaigns they set up for us. A great value.

Dermacol SF

Shoelace is a great additional to our team. I’ve been working with Serra and Juan and couldn’t be any happier. Looking forward to working with them.