Digital Marketing by Shoelace

Digital Marketing by Shoelace

by Shoelace

Tech-enabled paid media buying with white-glove support

Krystal Whitten

UPDATED 9/4/19: Shoelace was quick to contact me about the problems I was having - some of them were my own fault and some were technical things on my website. Their customer service was impressive and after having a short break from running ads, I'm ready to use their service again.
----------
ORIGINAL POST: Have used since early 2018. I thought this app was working well for me until the last month when there were no sales "reported" on their app analytics. I reached out for help changing my ad and didn't get a response back for a week. Then when someone did respond, they asked how much traffic my site gets monthly. When I replied 4k-6k, again I got no response. I noticed they no longer offer the $49/mo plan that I'm on. So I went and checked my Google analytics, and the data there does not mirror what the Shoelace app reports. Not even close. Shoelace says my sales through them have been $4000+ but Google says less than $400. I've wasted my money. I'm cancelling my account and looking for something else.

May 1, 2019

Hi Krystal - I'm very sorry for this experience. It does look like our messaging system directed your question to the wrong team which resulted in delayed replies. However, these responses were still outside our usual window and after this was brought to my attention (thank you!) I've spoken with the team to try and identify these cases daily and direct to the appropriate team. I've sent you an email for a few specific recommendations regarding your ads, if you could please check your inbox :).

We believe in full transparency which is why we offer our services in user's own Facebook ad accounts - results are pulled directly from Facebook. With that said, we know Facebook and Google tend to report different results. We have a help article available to explain why this occurs and how to work with both platforms to get a fuller picture of attribution (generally the reason a visitor converts is the result of multiple ads from multiple sources): https://help.shoelace.com/results/google-analytics-results-that-are-different-than-facebook - hope this helps clarify!

As you noticed, we have recently launched a new version of our app with additional features and have grandfathered our old plans. Users are welcome to stay on if they do not yet have a need for the additional features!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns (you can reply to the email I sent your way or at support@shoelace.com) and we would be happy to help!

Always Fits

Invaluable support team. We signed up on the highest level, because we needed the hand holding and support. They were exceptionally knowledgeable. Great return on all of the campaigns they set up for us. A great value.

Dermacol SF

Shoelace is a great additional to our team. I’ve been working with Serra and Juan and couldn’t be any happier. Looking forward to working with them.

RV SnapPad

So far so good! The Shoelace team is knowledgable and helpful when it comes to setting up effective FB campaigns. Would highly recommend!

De Wine Spot | Curated Whiskey, Small-Batch Wines and Sakes

So far so good. Still early in evaluation period, but have seen a bump in orders. Responsiveness of the team is what sets them apart. Looking forward to see what our collaboration could bring to the business

PARKWAY FASHION

Really good app but super good people working on it. 100% recommended. Fast answer and really solutions all the time, I really love it.

Riot Society Clothing

Shoelace is a great app and the people working behind the accounts have been extremely helpful. From small to big stores, they have all the resources to help you get results. No other retargeting app operates on the level they do with a hybrid between automation and in-house.

If you want great results with more time spent in other places of your business, Shoelace is the way to go.

SKINGRAFT

Great set it and forget it tool for your native platform retargeting needs. Response time and access to account managers is top notch. Excellent resource for Shopify merchants who don't have the budget for digital agencies.

Taula Pte Ltd

The biggest problem with the app is how it hijacks your FB ad account. The second we installed it on our Shopify store with our FB pixel ID, it somehow demoted the admin access rights for us as the owner and we lost control of our ability to manage our ad campaigns, costing us $3K above and beyond our preliminary $1K ad budget. Facebook would keep rejecting our ad change publishing, saying we do not have sufficient access rights. That is just ridiculous for an app to circumvent control. It took us a while to realize what was going on, initially thinking it was some bug. This is the second time that we've had problems with Shoelace. Before it ran it's own Pixel ID and that caused us to lose all Google tracking data of site visitors. Be very careful before you install this app and realize that it's goal is to take complete control upon installation.

STIVALI

Recently got it. For what I have seen it seems like a great app; although, there is not much to say yet objectively as I have not used it fully yet.