Shoelace: Retargeting Journeys

Shoelace: Retargeting Journeys

by Shoelace

Create memorable brand experiences and grow sales

Viv and Ollie

Can't install, I'd love to give it try. Hope they address some of the issues they are having. Seems like a great concept.

August 8, 2019

Hi there,

We'd love to get you started with Shoelace! We tried to connect with you directly but can’t find you in our system. Please reach out to us anytime at support@shoelace.com. We'd be happy to do a screenshare to help you get fully onboarded. We look forward to working with you :)

Team Shoelace

Brand Corner

My 14 day free trial started today after I authorised an ad. Which Shoelace promptly emailed me saying my free trial will also end today. No one I can get hold of on customer support, email facebook. So I'm leaving this review in the hopes I get a response to extend my free trial to actually test the app.

July 30, 2019

Hi there 👋,

Apologies for your experience when you first installed the app - we certainly didn't intend for that to happen! Please note, the auto-email that you received with the trial start and end dates matching was indeed a glitch, and our developers are working to resolve this issue. Your full 14-day free trial in fact began once your first campaign was launched, as this error was in the email only.

It looks like you had originally contacted our us outside of our operating hours, but we're very happy to let you know our customer success team were able to reach back out to you within two hours of your initial request, sharing details about the email error as well as informing you about our extra extension of your trial. 😊

It looks like you’ve since set a campaign live (congrats! 🙌), so please do let us know if you have any questions at all on this or anything else by emailing us at support@shoelace.com.

Happy retargeting,
Team Shoelace

MakeupObsession

they make you sign up and ask a lot of questions and in the end the only choice they give you is paying between 75 and 1500$. At least for me it was impossible to get a trial or a demo before choosing to pay. >Very poor customer experience. I am happy to pay for a great product that creates value but that is what you should show me first... Fortunately most competitors have a much better mindset...

June 16, 2019

Hi There 👋
Sorry to hear about your experience with us so far. Please note that our Automations ($79/mo) & Journey ($499/mo) plans both come with a 14-days free trial, allowing you to test Shoelace risk-free. We do ask for a credit card during sign up but you'll not be charged if you decide not to stay with Shoelace after the trial period. We'd be happy to show you a demo. Please email us at support@shoelace.com to put something on the calendar 😊 Talk soon.

Krystal Whitten

Have used since early 2018. I thought this app was working well for me until the last month when there were no sales "reported" on their app analytics. I reached out for help changing my ad and didn't get a response back for a week. Then when someone did respond, they asked how much traffic my site gets monthly. When I replied 4k-6k, again I got no response. I noticed they no longer offer the $49/mo plan that I'm on. So I went and checked my Google analytics, and the data there does not mirror what the Shoelace app reports. Not even close. Shoelace says my sales through them have been $4000+ but Google says less than $400. I've wasted my money. I'm cancelling my account and looking for something else.

May 1, 2019

Hi Krystal - I'm very sorry for this experience. It does look like our messaging system directed your question to the wrong team which resulted in delayed replies. However, these responses were still outside our usual window and after this was brought to my attention (thank you!) I've spoken with the team to try and identify these cases daily and direct to the appropriate team. I've sent you an email for a few specific recommendations regarding your ads, if you could please check your inbox :).

We believe in full transparency which is why we offer our services in user's own Facebook ad accounts - results are pulled directly from Facebook. With that said, we know Facebook and Google tend to report different results. We have a help article available to explain why this occurs and how to work with both platforms to get a fuller picture of attribution (generally the reason a visitor converts is the result of multiple ads from multiple sources): https://help.shoelace.com/results/google-analytics-results-that-are-different-than-facebook - hope this helps clarify!

As you noticed, we have recently launched a new version of our app with additional features and have grandfathered our old plans. Users are welcome to stay on if they do not yet have a need for the additional features!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns (you can reply to the email I sent your way or at support@shoelace.com) and we would be happy to help!

Taula Pte Ltd

The biggest problem with the app is how it hijacks your FB ad account. The second we installed it on our Shopify store with our FB pixel ID, it somehow demoted the admin access rights for us as the owner and we lost control of our ability to manage our ad campaigns, costing us $3K above and beyond our preliminary $1K ad budget. Facebook would keep rejecting our ad change publishing, saying we do not have sufficient access rights. That is just ridiculous for an app to circumvent control. It took us a while to realize what was going on, initially thinking it was some bug. This is the second time that we've had problems with Shoelace. Before it ran it's own Pixel ID and that caused us to lose all Google tracking data of site visitors. Be very careful before you install this app and realize that it's goal is to take complete control upon installation.

AYARA

We feel like we got insulted from the customer service. Even though this app was explained in this advertisement that "if your store is still just getting started, we know what it takes to help get you there!", Luke answered my email saying that "Shoelace works best for customers with over $3,000 in monthly sales and over 1,000 tracked visitors every week..... Is your store currently at this size?" So if you just started and willing to pay for all the marketing tools, this app is definitely NOT the one for you.

root + spring

I'll be honest. They change their app all the time without telling their customers and ignore their older clients. I have no idea if the app is even working on my platform anymore (and they don't care to notify you) because I haven't seen a bill in months and when I email them they tell me that they don't have the plan I'm on anymore. No notice on this whatsoever. I'm moving apps.

Lucky Straps

Wow this is bad. Destroyed my existing facebook integration so my product catalogue disappeared from my facebook store and the ads that were actually working. The advanced 'journeys' that they advertise are not even possible, it's way to automated and dumbed down. Lost me thousands in sales and still can't fix facebook integration, thanks for nothing.....

Gold Blvd

Really Bad Experience! Did not like at all! I installed the App one week ago and the application never worked. You can't even control your ads. I don't recommend!

Insportaus

Got my ad account banned by using this App, wished we never used it to begin with. Ads are generic and bland and are likely to be flagged by facebook.
Stay away!