Digital Marketing by Shoelace

Digital Marketing by Shoelace

by Shoelace

Tech-enabled paid media buying with white-glove support

Haji Gallery

I wish I had consider the negative reviews to not even bother myself installing this app, I just need my money back. No one helped with anything and the ad was never running, in fact, you are all alone with no help

bombvendors

SCAM! Literally two seconds after my ads started running my ad account was DISABLED by facebook & I have to send info to facebook to get it verified! How ever Shoelace goes into your ad account & sets your ads up triggers something in the facebook system to shut your ad account down! Beware! I went from being 2 steps ahead to being 10 steps backwards!

April 5, 2021

Hi there,

We'd like to start off by apologizing for any inconvenience you've faced. We want to assure you that Shoelace has no connection to Facebook accounts getting banned as this is something FB does independently.

We have worked with our Facebook rep to have your account unbanned and have now refunded your subscription fee. I hope this has resolved these issues to your satisfaction and we would really appreciate it if you could update your review to reflect your experience with us.

If we can help with anything else, please reach out to us and have a wonderful day!

Regards,

Simply Me Boutique

So very disappointed with Shoelace ads. After years of using them for retargeting ads, we upgraded to the very expensive prospecting service. It was a joke. Store owners, please feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to share my experience and numbers. Also, I just removed their app and they deleted all of my history! We paid for them to run these ads, also for the ads and audiences themselves. This information should be ours to keep. amy@shopsimplyme.com

December 18, 2020

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been both frustrating and underwhelming. We really pride ourselves in providing great results and service to all our clients - which we are sorry to hear has fallen short of expectations.

We want to thank you again for your time with us and perhaps, there will be another opportunity down the line to give us another try and we can deliver a better outcome.

Shoelace Team

Adeline

I would not waste your money or time. I worked with Shoelace from July 2020-Sept 25th 2020. They ran several ad campaigns for me. I was spending around $1000/month on ads plus their monthly fee of $929 with an initial onboarding fee of $500. First off, my campaign manager was difficult to get in touch with, even though it says they will take one business day to respond. She would go missing for several days. This did improve when I emailed her manager to get a response. This happened several times. Secondly, it was difficult to get reports from her. I would ask how we are doing or what is our ROI and she wouldn't respond. We were barely getting any online sales. When I ran reports on how I was doing running my own ads compared to them running my ads...I was doing better on my own. My online sales while using shoelace were down 25%. When I emailed them about this and asked them for improvement on their part they replied with this ....."Over these past 3 months, a lot has been tried in terms of testing new and existing audiences, ad types, creatives etc. but there has been little success. The direct-to-consumer apparel industry is incredibly competitive, and competing with the big names in the e-commerce space has been getting tougher as everyone is moving towards online businesses and the busy holiday season is coming up." Then she asked if I would like to cancel and I did. This is not a company that showed me they cared about me as a client and my success as a company.

September 29, 2020

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been both frustrating and underwhelming. We really pride ourselves (or team) in providing great results and service to all our clients - which we are sorry to hear has fallen short of expectations.

Looking at your account, we can see that we implemented ongoing tests with campaigns and optimizations, which needed time to run and learn, especially on a small budget. We understand that ongoing communication was also an issue and we want to clarify that it is our policy to reply to emails within 24 hours for all clients. In terms of reports, those are typically sent on a monthly basis or to align with the last 30 days since this provides a clearer picture based on Facebook's attribution window. Our goal is to always do what's best for your business, care about your success, and align our efforts towards meeting your goals. We understand that while we provided some insights about your industry and potential next steps, we can see how it may have landed in an ineffective way. Please rest assured, we continuously keep our ears to the ground for any insights or learnings we can share with our clients and will take your feedback as learning to ensure it is communicated better going forward.

Shoelace Team

Ponoma

unfortunately,
spent about $300 to get $774 of turnover during 2 months (used as retargeting and added to cart together) - no interest,
so it was deleted like waste app

March 18, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback! I can see that you were installed on our self-serve plan, and while we do not provide account management on this plan, our team is readily available to share tips and best practices to help get the best value from your ads! If you would like to give Shoelace another try at any time, please get in touch at support@shoelace.com, and we can help you get started again with some tips on audiences and durations that may work better for your store.

Talk soon!

Fair Shade

This would be a good app if I can get someone to call me back or fix the issue of not being able to log in. I was referred to this app but am wondering if I need to look into others. They never seem to respond.

November 12, 2019

Hey there,

Thank you for considering using Shoelace! Our team replies within 1 business day to external requests. We were able to get in touch with you during this time frame and were also able to help you log in. Please let us know if there's anything else we could assist you with at support@shoelace.com.

Amekanaafrica

Support is TERRIBLE!!! They do not answer your questions or help but are very quick to debit $80 from your account. Save your money and try a better retargeting app like RECART.

October 17, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for being a valued Shoelace customer. We're sorry for the poor experience you had with us while attempting to register your second store with us. To clarify, your new account was not charged and has not been charged. We’re committed to working with you to resolve the billing misunderstanding and have reached out to you.

We pride ourselves on a response time of one business day and our customers' happiness is our #1 priority. Please reach out to support@shoelace.com if you have any other questions or concerns.

Barney Bed

I have been a customer since we started our store at the beginning of 2109. I was shocked to get a rude message from them threatening to delete all my campaigns because my credit card had not been updated - with 12 hours notice. This was the first I was aware of it and I immediately updated my card on file but when they have access to our Facebook account it makes me think they can not be trusted. Unless they respond I will be reporting this threat to Facebook as I am certain it is against the policies of facebook to do that. It seems they can get very nasty very quickly. I am strongly considering leaving because of this.

August 23, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for being a valued Shoelace customer. We're sorry for the poor experience you had with us and the miscommunications regarding your billing. We were unable to reach you with the email we had on file. We’re committed to working with you to resolve this and have reached out to you.

Transparency into your own campaigns and results is one of our top priorities, which is why our users can use their own Ad Accounts with Shoelace. We don't delete any campaigns from your account, but we do stop providing our product catalogue services upon uninstall or nonpayment.

Again, we apologize for this miscommunication and we’d be more than happy to make this right.

Viv and Ollie

Can't install, I'd love to give it try. Hope they address some of the issues they are having. Seems like a great concept.

August 8, 2019

Hi there,

We'd love to get you started with Shoelace! We tried to connect with you directly but can’t find you in our system. Please reach out to us anytime at support@shoelace.com. We'd be happy to do a screenshare to help you get fully onboarded. We look forward to working with you :)

Brand Corner

My 14 day free trial started today after I authorised an ad. Which Shoelace promptly emailed me saying my free trial will also end today. No one I can get hold of on customer support, email facebook. So I'm leaving this review in the hopes I get a response to extend my free trial to actually test the app.

July 30, 2019

Hi there 👋,

Apologies for your experience when you first installed the app - we certainly didn't intend for that to happen! Please note, the auto-email that you received with the trial start and end dates matching was indeed a glitch, and our developers are working to resolve this issue. Your full 14-day free trial in fact began once your first campaign was launched, as this error was in the email only.

It looks like you had originally contacted our us outside of our operating hours, but we're very happy to let you know our customer success team were able to reach back out to you within two hours of your initial request, sharing details about the email error as well as informing you about our extra extension of your trial. 😊

It looks like you’ve since set a campaign live (congrats! 🙌), so please do let us know if you have any questions at all on this or anything else by emailing us at support@shoelace.com.

Happy retargeting,