Shoelace: Retargeting Journeys

Shoelace: Retargeting Journeys

by Shoelace

Create memorable brand experiences and grow sales

Soleil Blue

Update, I've been working with one of their team experts. She has been very helpful and checks in with me weekly with updates and ideas to improve my ad performance. My experience has improved a lot since my last review.

I installed the app a few months ago. I have not had much success with it and I really question their reporting of the retargeting sales results. I recently asked their team to make a bid adjustment to my ads. They wrote me back: "I would suggest upgrading to our Pro plan as we've discontinued the Standard plan and are only offering very minimal support to our customers who have chosen to stay on it."

This is the first time I have asked them for any assistance since installing the app. I had no idea that my plan was discontinued or that I was no longer eligible for basic customer support. Why do they think it's okay to discontinue support for a service that I have been paying for every month? Doesn't make sense to me. They must have so many customers - they don't even care if they lose our business. Not impressed at all. Poor communication. Uninstalling it this month.

437 SWIMWEAR

Shopify is great for getting started with retargeting. The team was very helpful setting up and running successful campaigns for us!

The Design Edit

Shoelace is a fantastic app for stores wanting to engage in retargeting for the first time - it's super easy to set up and the service we received was top notch! We didn't quite receive the return that we were hoping for, but in all fairness to Shoelace, our products require more considered decisions and are not impulse buys. We've now decided to bring our Facebook retargeting inhouse, but it took a little while to set up - I would definitely recommend Shoelace for anyone starting out and who doesn't have the knowledge or time to build retargeting campaigns themselves from scratch. Thanks guys!

HardCases.ca

Shoelace is a great app if you need help getting going with your Facebook ads.

Their service is top notch and you can be sure that they will treat you with respect.

What I liked about it was that they do everything for you and then send you a demo to approve.

They also get back to you every month or so and adjust bids or campaigns so that you get the most for your money.

It might not be for everyone.

I personally don't get a lot of traffic but I also target very specific customers who have high order value.

That means Facebook is not the best place to convert into a sale for me.
It's cold traffic that needs to be nurtured on a long journey through more than Facebook ads.

The cost for the basic plan is fine for most businesses.
But I think their upgraded plan gets a bit expensive at 150$ a month when most of the work is automated.

I've used Shoelace for more than a year and got results.
But on the second level plan, I was paying more in monthly fees than if I had integrated the automated campaigns myself in Facebook (if you have the knowledge).

I also wish they had better statistics.
I found the dashboard a bit too simple and it didn't really sell me into thinking the value was there (once I got to the higher tier plan).

It would also be nice if they had more integrations.

Their Instagram integration is through an expensive app and would have been worth it if they were through a cheaper Instagram one (Which I had suggested twice to their team but they never got to it).

Overall, I do recommend them if you want to get started quickly advertising Facebook and want to focus on other important tasks in your business.

Rockittots

Good app. Have been using for many months and definitely brings in more business.

Stevethebartender

We've had a 3.9x return on ad spend (not taking into account the Shoelace fees)...

See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/s3UBt9PC

I've been using the app for months - would be great to see more ads, variations and journeys (it's been the same since I started using the app)....

Rct Labs

Sadly during using Shoelace my ad account was suspended via facebook. This was most likely an issue caused by our ad copy which we submitted and I do feel Shoelace should have picked this up, however, they have been incredibly helpful in trying to assist us getting the account unblocked. The customer service is brilliant.

Crowndesigners

Appears effective, I'll update review in a few weeks.

Camille Beckman

This company stands behind there product, and the ease of use, and customer support reflect that.

Thefowndry 2

Works really well - great ROI. Only drawback is that it's slow to load and that impacts on site loading speeds. Not sure if a fix is on the way but that's the only caveat really.

Previous 1