Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Editor to Design Blogs, Landing, Collections & Product Pages

Bubble Boost

Lack of functionality. App is simply not good based upon other page builders ive used. It just doesnt have the features nor freedom

June 4, 2021

Hey there,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience hasn't been a positive one.

We appreciate the feedback and we'd love to assist you further. We would like to learn more about the issues you are facing while using the app or the features you are looking to use.

My colleague, Andre has reached out to you via email and we hope to hear back from you.

Iwashimizu Kosei

立ち上がらない事が多い。
一見良さそうなアプリだが、ぜんぜん良くない。 立ち上がらないなど、本来の目的を邪魔するアプリです。 早く他のアプリが出ないかと待ち望んでいます。
///////////////

May 28, 2021

Hi there!

Thanks for your review. I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are facing some issues with Shogun that led to a negative experience.

I have reached out to you via email in order to learn more about the issues you are facing with Shogun. We are looking forward to hearing back from you, and hope that we can help resolve them for you hopefully turn your experience around.

letmebefrankDESIGN

I just really wish they were upfront and direct with accurate information pertaining to the product offering. I suggested review of mis directed information and found myself to be the QC instead of the customer. Leading to the idea that I would forever be the Project QC manager and that is not the role I am to play. I now have to undo all the code (which also was never suggested by the developer to duplicate the theme prior to installation) There was just a push to install and setup. I did wait on parts of this as I was finding their disinterest in recognizing the standing issues in their software. I hope they take the programming and feedback more serious in the future. I would love to see a change in the final updated product when it is out of beta release as well as a better attitude towards the people providing research to the errors in their programming instead of them stating they do not exist.

May 28, 2021

Hey there, Frank!

I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience wasn't a positive one. We can certainly understand the concerns.

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and I do want to mention that the issue you were facing has been elevated so that we can resolve it at the earliest.

Shogun makes very small additions to the Shopify theme on installation - https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/3638504-what-additions-does-shogun-make-to-the-theme

However, we'll be happy to assist you further if you would like us to remove this.

I have also reached out to you via email so that if you have any further questions or issues, we can look into them for you.

Goosch

No live chat, a lot of missing features, more expensive. Gempages is a LOOT better, i really mean it, a LOT better. sometimes you align an image and it deosn't get aligned, issues here and there, no product page templates, only standard homepages ones..

May 25, 2021

Hey, Anass!

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun.

We have live chat on certain plans along with email support and our support team is available 24/7. We are there for you no matter the time of day.

I see that you've been in touch with a colleague of mine to help resolve the issues you've been facing.

I have sent an email your way and look forward to hearing back from you so that we can assist you further and hopefully turn your experience around.

Modami

The most unintuitive website builder tool i ever used. in terms of formatting, it's more worse than Word.

May 20, 2021

Hi, Theresia!

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Shogun.

I've asked our Success team to reach out to you to discuss the issues that you have been having, and hopefully help you have a better experience with Shogun. We'd love to hear what went wrong so that we can pass this feedback onto our teams for future consideration for Page Builder - we log all feedback that we get from customers because we think it's the best way for us to grow and provide the best experience possible to customers like yourself.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you, and really hope that we can help you achieve what you are hoping to with Page Builder.

Thank you again, and please do not hesitate to reach out.

Karl
Team Lead | Technical Support

Hey Harper Shop NL

Terrible experience and non-reliable. For the second time in 3 weeks the shogun app is down - we cannot open. And our homepage that is built on shogun is completely broken! I've been left without any answer from customer support.

May 12, 2021

Hey Cate,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I know that a reliable page builder is essential to keeping your business running smoothly.

We believe that this could be occurring because you may be logged into multiple Shopify stores at the same time. This would explain the issues that are being experienced. This can be confirmed by opening Shogun within that store on a fresh browser or an incognito window.

Charles from our support team has reached out via email and we're committed to working with you until we make this right :)

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

Misfits Health

Terrible app to use, functionality in-app v poor. Pages do not load quickly and holding pages have no exit option. Do not use.

May 7, 2021

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your review and for taking my call earlier - I'll follow up with you next week, as discussed.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun and we hope that we can help you turn that around - I do see that you recently wrote in regarding landing page templates, a colleague of mine was in the process of replying to this as your review came in and will get back to you.

I would really appreciate it if you could get back to my colleague so that we can be sure to set you in the right direction and hopefully turn your experience around.

Update: unfortunately we have tried to get in touch with you numerous times to help you resolve the issues that you are having but you were unresponsive to our team - we would love to help you out if you have a chance to get back to our team. :)

Saint Oral Care

Beware of the rating, a lot of false positive reviews! By far the worst experience we've had with any App on shopify.
We spent a lot of money and time on creating our product pages with Shogun, and Shogun later completely removed ALL the pages from our website!
And the customer support has been of no help other than assuring me "they can't do anything and they're really sorry".

May 3, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your review - I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience that you have had with Shogun.

When a store uninstalls Shogun we receive a request from Shopify to remove data that we store about the store - this is a requirement from Shopify to comply with GDPR data processing laws. We notify stores when this process is started to let them know that this process has begun and that their data will be removed in 14 days.

We have since rolled back on some of the data that is removed during the redaction process as we are aware of the inconvenience that this caused our customers who uninstalled during the period of first implementation and revision of this process (27th October 2020).

To restore these pages, you can reimport them into Shogun using the search bar at the top of your Shogun dashboard - provided they have not been deleted from Shopify manually.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Aura Locks

it made setting up the site easier but after that you are locked into shogun. if i delete this and then try to make any edits on the site the entire thing breaks.

April 27, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your review today!

Our team have tried to give you a call but it appears that the phone number that we have on file for you is invalid. We have also sent you a follow-up email to clear up the confusion.

When pages are edited outside of Shogun, Shopify does strip some Shogun code out of the page - this is not something that we have control over as it is up to Shopify themselves. Re-publishing the page via Shogun will resolve any issues that you have with this.

If you want to edit your page via Shopify, we would recommend using the "revert page" option that is available through the dashboard.

I would ask that you reply to the email that was sent your way so that we can help you with your issues.

Purifid

WARNING: Zero uninstall instructions and it's broken my website. Do not recommend. No response from support.

March 1, 2021

Hi Dylan,

I've taken a look at all of the communication that you have had with our team and can see that my colleague Joseph responded to your email within 15 minutes (your email did come in an hour and a half before this review). My colleague Andre also reached out directly after this review was posted.

In terms of the issue that you are facing regarding your broken pages: I can see that you had imported a Product Page into Shogun, but then deleted it before uninstalling Shogun. Editing this page outside of Shogun will cause issues as Shopify's editor will strip out the Shogun code, causing styling issues - we are constantly seeking ways to prevent Shopify from doing this but this is out of our control. We do have documentation available on how to revert the import of a page to its pre-Shogun state: https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/1972008-how-do-i-undo-a-page-import

We also have documentation available on uninstalling Shogun: https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/3978903-what-happens-to-my-pages-if-i-uninstall-shogun-on-shopify

Since you have already uninstalled without using the "revert" option, it is a little more complex to remove the Shogun code from the page. To resolve the issues that you are facing on the "Sleep by Purifid" page:
1. Navigate to the Product Page within Shopify
2. Copy the content that is in the "description" field
3. Switch the "description" field to the HTML view using the "Show HTML" button
4. Delete all HTML code from this section
5. Switch the "description" field back using the "show editor" button
6. Paste the description back in
I've recorded a video of this process: https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQunEq5o

I would recommend reaching out to support@getshogun.com if you have any questions. We'd love to help you turn this negative experience into a positive one.

Previous 1 3 4