Recensies (3.285)

• 1% recensies zijn 3 sterren
  • 1% recensies zijn 2 sterren
  • 2% recensies zijn 1 sterren
19 maart 2024

Once you use Shogun you're locked in. They have repeatedly changed features and changed their pricing which results in broken pages, missing features that we once had, and difficulties site wide. Customer support is slow to respond. You guys suck.

EVELO
Bijna 4 jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 21 maart 2024

Hi there!

Thanks for leaving your feedback with us. While we change our plans' pricing and add new features, necessitating shuffling features to different plans, we never take features off of users, nor do we force you onto new plans.

Once the app is persistently installed, you've always got to keep the feature set you are familiar with. Pages, therefore, will not spontaneously break. As I understand, the features that were missing were found to be still available, only slightly moved in the UI with the editor design refresh.

Customer support is available 24/7 through email, where we aim to respond to every email within 24 hours, and live chat, where we can be reached most hours within a couple of minutes.

I know we were chatting recently about this, and if you have any specific queries not addressed in our more recent interaction, please reply to that same thread or reach out to our team, and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

21 maart 2024

Unexpected HUGE charge

Trying this app is not advised… I was shocked to see that I was automatically charged almost $400 (with taxes) after trying this for a day. My $1 / month trial Shopify account just set me up to get taken advantage of. If I automatically was charged $39 like it shows is the price then I would understand but this is 10x that.
I only used for a few hours and didn’t find Shogun to be intuitive unfortunately.

My Store
Ongeveer een maand gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 28 maart 2024

---Update - April 5, 2024---

Hi there, Jay, I appreciate you writing back, however, it looks like we have not heard back from you again. Could you check the email and reply back with the store details so that we can assist you further?

Thanks.
---------------------------------------

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your feedback here.

I am not able to locate your account or a support conversation about the same as the store name- My Store seems to be very generic.

However, I would like to let you know that app charges or subscription charges work based on billing cycles in Shopify. We offer 10 days of free trial and if the app is not required we recommend uninstalling the app before the trial period is over. If the app is not uninstalled, the recurring subscription starts automatically, that is how subscriptions work.

I see you suggested you tried the app for a day, but if the app was not uninstalled before the free cutoff period, you will be charged which is expected behavior. And, you will be charged based on the plan you selected while you uninstalled and started the trial.

If you reached out to our support team about this previously, could you reply back to us on that thread?

Having said that, as I am not able to locate your store details I wanted to check if you can reach out to our support team at support@getshogun.com?

Our support team will be happy to analyze the account and share further information to clear any doubts or misunderstandings here. And, we'll be happy to help with the charge.

We'll look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks for your understanding.

24 januari 2024

charged me 99$ when i had uninstalled a long time ago, get back to me to refund my money please

BEFORETHEFALL
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Ongeveer een maand gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 25 januari 2024

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback.

We noted your request for a refund yesterday, and my colleague, Sweetan of the Billing team, replied to say that he had processed your refund and that the amount would be back with you in the next 5-10 days as per normal process.

It looks like our email reply may not have been received and we suspect the email address you used to reach out to us had a slight typo. If there are any outstanding action items, could you please write back to us or reply to the same email thread? We'll be happy to assist you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

22 november 2023

Being forced up upgrade to a $100 plan is ridiculous. I laterally just need to update 1 page but rather than pay the original $40, i'll be paying $0 and going someplace else.

Exxtended Image Hair Co
Meer dan 2 jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 23 november 2023

Thanks for taking the time and leaving us a review here, Jenae.

We appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you felt you were forced to upgrade. I wanted to share some details here.

Looking at the account I see Shogun was uninstalled on July 25, 2023. This is when your account was subscribed to our old plan. That old plan was a legacy plan that had been deprecated a long time ago. As the app was uninstalled, this legacy plan got canceled as well.

You reinstalled Shogun again on November 16, 2023 and our pick-a-plan page displayed the new plans that can be activated which would be the expected behavior.

I could not locate a recent support conversation about the questions you may have had with respect to the plans, but I have reached out to you via email to share more information.

I'll look forward to hearing back from you.

7 december 2023

Don't use this app. Find something else.

The app worked fine until they moved all the standard features to only be available in higher plans.

Image quality is an issue now on the main plan.

They want you to jump from $39/month to $99/month.

Embarassing for a SaaS company to act this way. I hope a lot of people cancel and move to more affordable competitors.

Good Wave
Ongeveer een jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 14 december 2023

Hi there Aaron! Thanks for taking the time to log your feedback with us.

I am sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been a positive one.

I had a look to double-check and found that Image Quality Settings haven't historically been available on the Build plan and weren't moved up when we implemented the current plans. This hasn't been specifically raised as an issue before; still, we're taking this feedback and are looking at retroactively granting the capability to the current 'Build' plan, given the new price point.

Regarding the price increases - a big part of this is related to significant changes to our product and company. We were a “page builder” for a long time; however, we’ve expanded our offering to include core optimization features, including AB Testing, Targeted Experiences (personalize content to audience), SEO tools for keyword discovery, AI-assisted blog generation, and page performance monitoring.

While the entry plan has increased, we’ve also added features, including our AI page designer, AI text generation features, and grid-based editing. We also increased the page limit on our entry plan to 50 pages and removed page limits for any plan higher than entry.

While there are cheaper alternatives, if you’re looking to build and optimize your shopping experience, we are still quite budget-conscious compared to most AB testing, personalization, and SEO software providers.

Lastly, you can contact us any time at support@getshogun.com, and we will do our best to help.

Shogun A/B Testing & CRO

Bewerkt 6 oktober 2020

Very bad Customer Support. Making a fool of us for last 1 month. Neither doing anything nor admitting that they cannot resolve the problem. Really sad. We are very old user of this app. Earlier we had good experience with the customer support, dont know what happened to them now.

Saurabh Mittal
India
Meer dan 7 jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 6 oktober 2020

Hey Saurabh,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with support over the last month. I've reviewed your support interactions and I can see that you've been eagerly awaiting a fix for an issue over the last 30 days. We are so sorry that this is still impacting your account and we can certainly understand your frustration.

The engineering team has been made aware of your concerns and we have escalated the priority so that this can be resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much for your continued patience and we will be in touch the moment we have an update.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do in the mean time.

We'll be in touch soon.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

13 november 2023

I'd give 0 stars if I could

Shogun is slow and you have to update a page manually one at a time. It's extremely painful to make any changes, let alone make a single small change across all pages.

The app has decided to double its costs recently, making it completely prohibitive for any business trying to scale.

SUMMARY: SAVE YOUR MONEY, HIRE A DEV, OR USE ANOTHER APP. You will simply get no value in this app

Deltora
Meer dan 2 jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 15 november 2023

Hey there, Eric. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been a positive one.

I wasn't able to locate a conversation with respect to the slowness you were facing, but our features such as bulk publishing, theme sections, and global snippets are used by our users to make changes across multiple pages.

Having said that, we do change and update the pricing for our plans, which is normal behavior. Your account was subscribed to our legacy plan and that plan is no longer offered. We don't force our users to move away from their grandfathered legacy plans. However, if you uninstall or reinstall the app, the legacy plan will be lost. This is something our support team explained further via email. There isn't a way to activate that deprecated plan again.

I see you have since uninstalled the app, however, I also see you had been installed for a while with us and I apologize if you felt there was no value.

I also see you are in touch with our team to get some further assistance and our team, as always is more than happy to help you.

Bewerkt 4 augustus 2023

After changing the price plan I can`t update my already published pages anymore. Sorry, but this is behaviour is truly unacceptable...

Schreib Und Stil
Duitsland
Bijna 6 jaar gebruiken de app
Bewerkt 14 maart 2022

I've used this app for about 5 years, and I've gone from my original 5-star review, to a 3-star review, to a 1-star review. The quality has deteriorated for this app as they've added features, creating new glitches, without improving the fundamental core features that you actually need in an app like this. The support is fast and friendly, but this company needs to just focus on the fundamentals and make a better user experience while actually using the page builder.

Ifoodequipment Com Inc
Meer dan 5 jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 14 maart 2022

Hey Sean,

Thanks so much for your feedback regarding the drag and drop functionality of Shogun Page Builder. You have fair criticisms and I'm glad we have the opportunity to address those head on.

I'm passing along your comments regarding the quality of fundamental core features to the product team for consideration. We certainly want to strike a healthy balance between releasing new features and maintaining functionality.

That's very kind of you to acknowledge the positive experience you've had with our support team. I hope that we can help to turn around your experience moving forwards :-)

I've sent you an email and attempted to reach out to you on the phone as well. Please let us know if you have a preferred contact channel and we can be sure to followup with you there.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

Bewerkt 24 april 2024

UPDATE 2024 - although the product is good. The price has unfortunately increased 300-500% ($69 pm to $250-500) to which is beyond excessive. Locked in as have pages built here. Expensive lesson to learn, would avoid.

-----

Shogun is easy to use and we created most pages with it. The service is very good. When we have any questions we always receive support and an friendly answer even on the same day. In many cases, an employee from shogun fixed the problem for us and explained how we could deal with it the next time.

Sometimes, the layout of the preview at shogun looks different then the published page (desktop and mobile). In addition to that, it is not that easy to create a page that looks good on every smartphone.

All in all, Shogun is a very good program for people who would like to create pages very easily. I really recommend it!

Stand4socks
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Ongeveer 5 jaar gebruiken de app
Shogun Labs, Inc. heeft geantwoord 26 april 2024

Hi there, Josh. Thanks for sharing your feedback in the form of this review.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the pricing changes we have had. However, this price changes have been in effect for a while now.

I see your account was installed on our legacy plan that would have stayed if the app was installed. Having said that, when I look at your account I see that Shogun was uninstalled on December 15, 2023 and that removed the legacy plan. Our old plans were deprecated a long time ago and we don't have a way to move you back to them again.

With respect to the price increase, a big part of this is related to significant changes to our product and company. We were a “page builder” for a long time; however, we’ve expanded our offering to include core optimization features, including AB Testing, Targeted Experiences (personalize content to audience), SEO tools for keyword discovery, AI-assisted blog generation, and page performance monitoring.

We have removed page limits for any plan higher than the new Build plan and we have removed the user seat limits which means there are unlimited seats and there are unlimited sections as well.

However, we appreciate your feedback and I am happy to share the same with the team. I see you are in conversation with my colleague and if you have any further questions please do let us know. We'll be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks for your support.