Page Editor to Design Blogs, Product & Landing Pages

From $39/month. 10-day free trial.

Katie Miranda

I played with this app for 5 minutes on an existing product page. I didn't get the results I wanted and I went to delete the page in Shogun so I could start over. It ended up unpublishing the product page in my site and there is no option in the Shopify backend to republish it even though it is listed as Active. I had to call Shopify support who told me that there is Shogun code in the product page that the developer will have to delete and that there is nothing she can do to help me. Horrible experience. Apps should add functionality to your site, not ruin it.

August 24, 2021

Hey Katie,

So sorry that you had this experience with Shogun Page Builder. I'm glad that we could get this all sorted over the phone. We can certainly learn and improve from this experience. I will speak with my team and we will brainstorm some ideas for making product imports and reverts more natural for new users. If you have any other questions or if anything strange occurs, please let us know. We have 24/7 support here to help you.

Thanks so much for your understanding :)

Car Dealz

Location Australia

If you don't want people to use a free plan just say it directly. After I install your App, it just directed me to the Payment option...LOL I have spent lots of time with your Live Chat assistant or a sale keep persuading me to purchase your plan. BUT I keep mentioning if I don't get to use your App in the firsthand, how can I decide to upgrade or not? Still waiting for your team to give me a resolution but not keep selling me plans that I don't know how to use your App yet Such disappointed and not recommend anyone to install.

July 25, 2021

Hello, Stanley!

We thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. I apologize for the inconvenience and for the confusion.

Our free plan is currently, only available to new users and this is also noted on our app store page. However, we understand the frustration if this was missed. We have shared the feedback with our team.

Shogun was first installed in your store a couple of years ago. However, I could see our support team reached out to you via email and also spoke to you and shared information on how we can help you to give Shogun a try again.

Please don't hesitate to reply back to us so that we can ensure you have a positive experience with Shogun. 🙂

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

Linen Salvage Et Cie

Time spent using app About 1 hour

Unable to create a page, user support was delayed, app not intuitive, ok for pro designers only. Do not recommend, installed twice, spent time creating a page, very slow , difficult and finally gave up.

June 22, 2021

Hey Andrea,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some troubles while using Shogun Page Builder. We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to make Shogun as intuitive as possible. In instances where something doesn't make sense to new users, we have a help center with articles tons of information on common questions.

We also have webinars with walkthroughs on how to get started and use common features.

I can see that you contacted us through chat. Our goal is to respond to each client within 5 minutes through this support channel. I can see that we did respond within 5 minutes to your request. Was there a different expectation as to how quickly we would get to you?

I'll be reaching out to you directly to see if we can provide any further assistance.

Bubble Boost

Time spent using app About 1 hour

Lack of functionality. App is simply not good based upon other page builders ive used. It just doesnt have the features nor freedom

June 4, 2021

Hey there,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience hasn't been a positive one.

We appreciate the feedback and we'd love to assist you further. We would like to learn more about the issues you are facing while using the app or the features you are looking to use.

My colleague, Andre has reached out to you via email and we hope to hear back from you.

Iwashimizu Kosei

Location Japan

立ち上がらない事が多い。
一見良さそうなアプリだが、ぜんぜん良くない。 立ち上がらないなど、本来の目的を邪魔するアプリです。 早く他のアプリが出ないかと待ち望んでいます。
///////////////

May 28, 2021

Hi there!

Thanks for your review. I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are facing some issues with Shogun that led to a negative experience.

I have reached out to you via email in order to learn more about the issues you are facing with Shogun. We are looking forward to hearing back from you, and hope that we can help resolve them for you hopefully turn your experience around.

letmebefrankDESIGN

I just really wish they were upfront and direct with accurate information pertaining to the product offering. I suggested review of mis directed information and found myself to be the QC instead of the customer. Leading to the idea that I would forever be the Project QC manager and that is not the role I am to play. I now have to undo all the code (which also was never suggested by the developer to duplicate the theme prior to installation) There was just a push to install and setup. I did wait on parts of this as I was finding their disinterest in recognizing the standing issues in their software. I hope they take the programming and feedback more serious in the future. I would love to see a change in the final updated product when it is out of beta release as well as a better attitude towards the people providing research to the errors in their programming instead of them stating they do not exist.

May 28, 2021

Hey there, Frank!

I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience wasn't a positive one. We can certainly understand the concerns.

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and I do want to mention that the issue you were facing has been elevated so that we can resolve it at the earliest.

Shogun makes very small additions to the Shopify theme on installation - https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/3638504-what-additions-does-shogun-make-to-the-theme

However, we'll be happy to assist you further if you would like us to remove this.

I have also reached out to you via email so that if you have any further questions or issues, we can look into them for you.

Goosch

Location Morocco

No live chat, a lot of missing features, more expensive. Gempages is a LOOT better, i really mean it, a LOT better. sometimes you align an image and it deosn't get aligned, issues here and there, no product page templates, only standard homepages ones..

May 25, 2021

Hey, Anass!

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun.

We have live chat on certain plans along with email support and our support team is available 24/7. We are there for you no matter the time of day.

I see that you've been in touch with a colleague of mine to help resolve the issues you've been facing.

I have sent an email your way and look forward to hearing back from you so that we can assist you further and hopefully turn your experience around.

Modami

Location Germany

The most unintuitive website builder tool i ever used. in terms of formatting, it's more worse than Word.

May 20, 2021

Hi, Theresia!

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Shogun.

I've asked our Success team to reach out to you to discuss the issues that you have been having, and hopefully help you have a better experience with Shogun. We'd love to hear what went wrong so that we can pass this feedback onto our teams for future consideration for Page Builder - we log all feedback that we get from customers because we think it's the best way for us to grow and provide the best experience possible to customers like yourself.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you, and really hope that we can help you achieve what you are hoping to with Page Builder.

Thank you again, and please do not hesitate to reach out.

Karl
Team Lead | Technical Support

Hey Harper Shop NL

Location Germany

Terrible experience and non-reliable. For the second time in 3 weeks the shogun app is down - we cannot open. And our homepage that is built on shogun is completely broken! I've been left without any answer from customer support.

May 12, 2021

Hey Cate,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I know that a reliable page builder is essential to keeping your business running smoothly.

We believe that this could be occurring because you may be logged into multiple Shopify stores at the same time. This would explain the issues that are being experienced. This can be confirmed by opening Shogun within that store on a fresh browser or an incognito window.

Charles from our support team has reached out via email and we're committed to working with you until we make this right :)

Misfits Health

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Terrible app to use, functionality in-app v poor. Pages do not load quickly and holding pages have no exit option. Do not use.

May 7, 2021

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your review and for taking my call earlier - I'll follow up with you next week, as discussed.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun and we hope that we can help you turn that around - I do see that you recently wrote in regarding landing page templates, a colleague of mine was in the process of replying to this as your review came in and will get back to you.

I would really appreciate it if you could get back to my colleague so that we can be sure to set you in the right direction and hopefully turn your experience around.

Update: unfortunately we have tried to get in touch with you numerous times to help you resolve the issues that you are having but you were unresponsive to our team - we would love to help you out if you have a chance to get back to our team. :)

Karl | Team Lead, Technical Support