Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Theme design page editor for blog, product pages & contact us

Zen Den Candles

(Have update my review from 3 stars to 4 - based on the Developer's prompt and promising reply to this review - hopefully can update again in future) I would really love to give this app 5 stars. The look & feel and overall potential are awesome. Unfortunately, on installing the app, we found that the feature to preview Templates is not functioning(?) This means we are not able to see what a template might look like, without using it to create a page - thereby using up one of the 25 pages that we are allowed by the pricing plan - every time. The developer is aware of the situation and working to correct it. Unfortunately, this means we have spent far more time trying to get around this problem than should be required. Customer support has been VERY helpful & responsive - but the app is not as advertised and has not lived up to expectations. While promising a fix to the problem, they cannot provide a time frame. I will update this review as things change. Meanwhile, I find myself using up my 10 day free trial and 25 pages - with a growing temptation to replace it with a different app.

January 29, 2021

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review - I'm so sorry to hear that this bug is affecting your experience with Page Builder. As you said, our engineering team are aware of this issue and are actively working on investigating, testing and implementing a resolution for this issue. We always test bug fixes quite vigorously to ensure that it does not introduce other issues.

We generally do not give a timeframe for resolution of an issue as occasionally a ticket may end up requiring a more complex fix than originally expected - this can add to development time and to the time required for testing by our Quality Assurance team.

I've asked one of my team to reach out to you via email with a temporary workaround that should help you take full advantage of your 10-day free trial and the 25 page limit of your plan while we wait for a fix for this issue that you are experiencing.

I hope that our workaround helps for the time being. I would encourage you to get back to my colleague when you receive the email from them, and if you have questions, please let us know. If you'd like to speak with me via email, please let me know via the response and I'm more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

Bonito Jewelry

The team has been super helpful in helping us accomplish our goal which is to create on brand and dynamic blog pages. Still new to the platform - but super promising!

January 21, 2021

Thank you for your kind words! Really appreciate them! Let us know if you ever need assistance!

Springfield MA

Incredibly great app...I think any and everybody will love it. However, I have to give it a 4 stars because the lowest plan is a little on the expensive side.

January 19, 2021

Thank you for your review, and for your feedback! I'll be sure to pass that along to the relevant team. Please feel free to pass on any other feedback to support@getshogun.com and we will get it to the right place. :)

Cookies for Kids' Cancer

It can be complicated if you don't use it all the time but the support team is awesome and answers your questions right away - live chat! Once you get used to it shogun is very powerful and allows way more creativity than standard templates.

January 14, 2021

Glad to hear that the team were there when you needed them! Thank you for leaving us a review. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with!

American Licorice Company

Despite occasional frustrations with user-friendliness of this app, I'd like to compliment Andre from the Shogun support team. He provided excellent/prompt support on a somewhat major issue I was experiencing. I would suggest having patience with the app, and would recommend submitting a support ticket when issues arise.

December 11, 2020

Thank you for your honest review! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Andre. I'm sorry to hear that you faced issues with the user-experience side of things - please do feel free to send on any feedback to support@getshogun.com and we will make sure that it gets to the right team!

Quikflip Apparel

I have been pretty happy with this application and their support. Honestly, I went quite a few months not having used the application after installing it - and wasted some money - but once I started putting to into use I found it very easy to use and helpful in creating tailored shopping experiences for our customers. I did recently run into an issue where reviews from Okendo would not display using their built in widgets, but I sent an email and their support team helped me out right away. I have no major complaints. It is a solid app.

December 11, 2020

Glad to hear that Shogun helped you tailor your shopping experiences! Thank you for your great review!

Fineapple Vegan

We had an issue with the product reviews plugin within Shogun which we reported where we had hundreds of reviews but the plugin only displayed the last 5. This started to negatively impact our conversions. We reached out to support, were told it would be escalated but the issue still continued. I originally left a 3 star review because I felt this complaint was ignored which is unfortunate for such a pricey solution. I received a direct phone call from tech support resolving the issue within hours of leaving my review which was surprising. I appreciate the quick response and have bumped the rating from 3 stars to 4 stars. I would love to give it a 5 star rating except I still feel the price is a bit steep for it what it really offers. Don't get me wrong it works great outside of the reported issue, but it is a bit pricey as a monthly recurring page builder. If you aren't cranking out pages at an ongoing rate it's hard to justify the expense. It was great getting a fast response after my initial review, however, tech issues should be responded to without the need of going public to get a resolution.

December 11, 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the feedback and apologise for the negative experience you had - glad that we could work with you to turn this around to a more positive experience.

I can assure you that no issues are ignored by our engineering team - this particular issue came due to a change made within Shopify itself, our engineering team needed to take the time to investigate the issue and deploy a fix to resolve the issues that you, and others, were experiencing. This was, unfortunately, a Shogun-wide issue that's now resolved.

Thank you for your patience during the process!

Sym Optic

The app allows you to create pages very easily! Whenever I faced a proble, I contacted the Shogun customer service, I got a reply very quickly every time and they have been very helpful :)

November 24, 2020

Glad to hear that you're finding Shogun helpful in creating your pages! Thank you for your review, please feel free to send along any feedback that you have that lost us a star to support@getshogun.com and we would be happy to log this and get it to the right team!

Better Furniture

Using Shogun has enabled us to change our website pages quickly & fairly easily. It helps to have some knowledge of web graphics, but if you have a problem, Shogun's support is really great!

November 19, 2020

Thank you for your review - awesome to hear that Shogun enabled you to make quick work of your website content. We would love to hear of any suggestions that you have that had us miss out on that 5th star! Please feel free to send over any feedback to support@getshogun.com and we can make sure to get it to the right team.

EunoiaNails

Duplicating a custom page to all products (save time and hassle) would be helpful! The customer service is really helpful if you upgrade to the premium plan.

September 30, 2020

Thank you for your review and your feedback! It really helps us build a better product for everyone!