Shogun Landing Page Builder

Page Editor to Design Blogs, Product & Landing Pages

Free plan available

Wuffes

Shambolic - terrible service. The AB testing tool does not work at all and their excuses as to why were laughable. Stay away.

April 7, 2022

Hey Josh,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry that you were experiencing issues with our AB Testing tool, our engineering team are aware of this issue and have successfully identified the issue. They are currently investigating solutions to this and hope to have a resolution soon. I totally understand the frustration when a feature is not working as expected.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to turn your negative experience around.

www.MarineVinylFabric.com

Time spent using app Over 1 year

If you care about ranking on the search engines do not use this product. The code slows down your site to a crawl. I was ranking #1 on Google on all 4 of my target keywords. After a few weeks of adding the code to my site the rankings dropped off completely. This product cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales. It took me a while to figure out what was the cause, but I had my developer remove the ShoGun code and I started ranking again within a week or two. DO NOT USE THIS APP. It's great for A/B testing and making quick website changes, but it will kill your chances of ranking in organic search. I repeat stay away. I asked their developers and they said it was SEO friendly, but it clearly was not.

March 2, 2022

Hey David,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this experience with Shogun Page Builder. We know that SEO, search ranking, and site speed are important metrics in growing your business. Given what you've said about what changed on your website, I too would have questions.

We would be thrilled to have the opportunity to make things right. We don't have a full understanding of the issue just yet, but we would appreciate the chance to jump on the phone and learn more.

We've sent an email your way and I spoke with Leslie on the phone and left a number I can be reached at directly. Feel free to give me a call anytime. Would love to hear from you.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

Maddie's American Pet Products

Time spent using app About 2 months

Was looking for an app to update my product pages. However I have a pretty large catalog and the page limit makes this useless. If you just need a landing page I am sure this would work fine (have used it in the past). Just think they have gotten greedy with pricing, $39 a month should be plenty.

February 23, 2022

Hey there, Adam! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with Shogun.

It looks like there may have been some frustration with our current plans and the features that we offer. I apologize if you felt that we've gotten greedy with pricing. We make plan experiments based on the feedback we receive. Our plans with page limits have been active for over a year now. All our plans offer different features based on the requirements.

I have reached out to you via email and I would greatly appreciate it if you can follow up with me there. We'll do our best to ensure that we can turn your negative experience into a positive one.

Hoping to hear back from you soon.

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

CARBO Electric Bike

Time spent using app About 2 years

Soo many bugs, it's been really troublesome to get shogun up and running. No chat support is available. If you use Shogun expect a lot of issues and errors to arise. From newsletters submission forms to theme errors, to page settings. I do not recommend it at all! Pagefly seems to be a way better option, as it has 24/hours support. I am quite disappointed as we have been users of shogun for the past 2-3 years.

November 15, 2021

Hi, Lyne!

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am sorry to see that you have had a negative experience with Shogun. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Shogun, thank you!

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing. A member of our team will be reaching out to get more information about these issues and reviewing any prior communications that you have had with the team to ensure that any outstanding issues are resolved as efficiently as possible.

We do currently have a 24/7 support team who are always on hand to offer support. While chat support is not available on all plans, we strive to have a fast response time of fewer than 4 hours, though this is often much faster but depends on volume.

We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you to make your experience with Shogun a better one and appreciate your cooperation in working through the issues that you have been experiencing.

Natuurlijk Presteren

Location Netherlands
Time spent using app About 2 months

Code is hard to remove from store. Shogun support doesn't help you if you deleted their app. PageFly is MUCH MUCH better and user friendly.

November 10, 2021

Hi, Jochum.

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with Shogun.

I've reviewed this case and can see that you got in contact with us on Nov 5th at 7.47am (GMT), and our team did get back to you about a minute later. Unfortunately, we did make a mistake with the information that we sent in this email, providing details on removing code from your theme rather than your product pages - I apologise on behalf of the team for this. We didn't hear back from you but would love the opportunity to make this right with you.

Shogun will not remove code from your product pages when you uninstall the app from your store - we believe that you should be able to continue to benefit from using your pages even when you do not have an active subscription to Shogun. We offer the ability to "revert" the import of your pages that will remove Shogun code from your pages, but we wouldn't do this automatically so you don't lose your work.

My colleague is following up with you by email at the moment with instructions on how to remove the Shogun code from your product pages with Shogun uninstalled on the store. We would be happy to aid in the removal of this code, too, please just let us know if you would like us to do so.

Thank you - we look forward to hearing back from you and hope to make this a better experience!

PrayFashion

Time spent using app About 2 months

Do not install unless you want to lose money. We installed the app, took time to set up a bunch of split tests, and the app was not tracking visitors and conversions accurately. Numbers were all out of whack. Many times the pages not loading for visitors. Very Buggy app. We contacted their support multiple times and all they said is you are right if should be working correctly we are sending to development team and weeks passed without issues being resolved and not even a courtesy follow up and then they have the audacity to still charge a premium for their non working app. Save your self time, money and headaches.

October 13, 2021

Hello Carlos,
Our sincere apologies for the inconsistencies you've encountered with your analytics results. Our engineering team has been actively investigating the root cause of this issue. We'd love to continue working with you to provide a resolution and a positive experience. Our support team has reached out to you directly via email. We look forward to hearing back from you and continuing the conversation.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,
Jill N., Director of Client Services

Cruz Label Store

I really tried to like it but it was not working properly. Images would not show and little bugs here and there. Maybe I have the wrong theme for this to work.

October 1, 2021

Hi there! My name is Joe from the Shogun Customer Support team.

I can definitely understand your frustration about this and really want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. I attempted to reach out to you via phone but wasn’t able to get ahold of you. I’ve sent you an email as well and look forward to hearing back :)

It's quite possible that the theme you've chosen to use in Shopify uses Javascript to display parts of the page. Having said that, the Shogun editor does not load Javascript by default since it can sometimes cause issues in the editor. This is very likely what was causing the loading issue that you were seeing.

I’m confident that we can solve this from our end, but please keep in mind that we can only troubleshoot active accounts. I noticed that you've already uninstalled Shogun, but if you decide to give it another shot, we're more than happy to re-enable your trial once you reinstall the app (without having to choose a plan).

We hope to have you back on the team soon and my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused! Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any other questions or concerns, and have a great weekend. :-)

Joseph | Support Specialist

Car Dealz

Location Australia

If you don't want people to use a free plan just say it directly. After I install your App, it just directed me to the Payment option...LOL I have spent lots of time with your Live Chat assistant or a sale keep persuading me to purchase your plan. BUT I keep mentioning if I don't get to use your App in the firsthand, how can I decide to upgrade or not? Still waiting for your team to give me a resolution but not keep selling me plans that I don't know how to use your App yet Such disappointed and not recommend anyone to install.

July 25, 2021

Hello, Stanley!

We thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. I apologize for the inconvenience and for the confusion.

Our free plan is currently, only available to new users and this is also noted on our app store page. However, we understand the frustration if this was missed. We have shared the feedback with our team.

Shogun was first installed in your store a couple of years ago. However, I could see our support team reached out to you via email and also spoke to you and shared information on how we can help you to give Shogun a try again.

Please don't hesitate to reply back to us so that we can ensure you have a positive experience with Shogun. 🙂

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

letmebefrankDESIGN

I just really wish they were upfront and direct with accurate information pertaining to the product offering. I suggested review of mis directed information and found myself to be the QC instead of the customer. Leading to the idea that I would forever be the Project QC manager and that is not the role I am to play. I now have to undo all the code (which also was never suggested by the developer to duplicate the theme prior to installation) There was just a push to install and setup. I did wait on parts of this as I was finding their disinterest in recognizing the standing issues in their software. I hope they take the programming and feedback more serious in the future. I would love to see a change in the final updated product when it is out of beta release as well as a better attitude towards the people providing research to the errors in their programming instead of them stating they do not exist.

May 28, 2021

Hey there, Frank!

I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience wasn't a positive one. We can certainly understand the concerns.

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and I do want to mention that the issue you were facing has been elevated so that we can resolve it at the earliest.

Shogun makes very small additions to the Shopify theme on installation - https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/3638504-what-additions-does-shogun-make-to-the-theme

However, we'll be happy to assist you further if you would like us to remove this.

I have also reached out to you via email so that if you have any further questions or issues, we can look into them for you.

Sweetan | Team Lead, Support

Modami

Location Germany

The most unintuitive website builder tool i ever used. in terms of formatting, it's more worse than Word.

May 20, 2021

Hi, Theresia!

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Shogun.

I've asked our Success team to reach out to you to discuss the issues that you have been having, and hopefully help you have a better experience with Shogun. We'd love to hear what went wrong so that we can pass this feedback onto our teams for future consideration for Page Builder - we log all feedback that we get from customers because we think it's the best way for us to grow and provide the best experience possible to customers like yourself.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you, and really hope that we can help you achieve what you are hoping to with Page Builder.

Thank you again, and please do not hesitate to reach out.

Karl