Page Editor to Design Blogs, Product & Landing Pages

From $39/month. 10-day free trial.

The MeatStick

Overall it's great for what it does. What's not so great is relying on them when shit hits the fan. Something happened with their backend that kept us from updating our pages. Took them around a month to figure out what was wrong and fix it. Provided zero compensation for the issue even though I'm paying $$ each month. Hard to say how reliable they will be in the long run.

April 25, 2022

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and leaving us a review.

I'm glad to read that you find Shogun great, however, I am extremely sorry about the not-so-good experience you had. We strive to ensure that you have a good experience with our app and the support team.

I'll be happy to look into this further and would be reaching out via email. I'd appreciate it if you could follow up with me there.

Thanks! We appreciate your support.

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

ExcellentSupply.com

Tried this app / did not love it. Particularly, larger font sizes were hard to make look symmetrical on mobile devices (was messy in that regard). Making different versions of a page for different screen sizes (as their tech support suggested) seems like an unnecessary effort. By comparison, Hypervisual is now working better for us... displays nicely on all screen sizes — and overall it's simpler to work with.

March 7, 2022

Edit:
I'm glad to see that you have received our messages and suggestions, we'd love to work with you on this if you would like to reach out to our team. We understand that you are happy with using Hypervisual and we respect that, but we would love to have a chance to correct your past experiences with Shogun, should you ever choose to come back and give us a try again!

Hey there! Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with Shogun and I'd be happy to discuss the issues with you so that we can assist you better.

I understand you were facing some issues with the font sizes on the mobile view, however, I wasn't able to locate a previous conversation with our support team with respect to the issues. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We have a couple of options to ensure you can go ahead and adjust the font sizes as per your preferences on specific device views (for example, mobile) so that the text and the font work nicely across all devices.

I tried calling you, but I wasn't able to speak to you, however, I have also reached out to you via email and I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply back to us so that we can help you further.

Hoping to hear back from you soon.

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

Embellished Kinks Hair Collection

Very user friendly but the app lags big time and I'm not talking about the speed of loading a page within the store. Its the dreadful speed of publishing and previewing a page that sucks

January 27, 2022

Hi Jenae,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review today to leave us feedback.

I'm happy to hear that you find Shogun user-friendly, however, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed of certain functions of the app. We really appreciate you raising this concern with us.

Page publishing and previewing require that we build the pages on your store, which involves creating all the required files based on the design that you have created on the store. Larger pages with a lot of content may sometimes take a bit more time than smaller pages, though looking at your account I can see that your pages are not too large. This also includes the time that it takes to publish your page to Shopify.

With all that being said, we are always investigating ways that we can improve this experience and make these features speedier.

My colleague Justine has reached out to you with some further information, I would very much appreciate if you could let her know roughly the average delay you are seeing on your side so that we can continue to investigate.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you so we can help.

Karl | Manager, Technical Support

Scent Fill

Do be aware there is NO ANALYTICS for the first two PAID plans. We found this out after we built pages. Think about this - publishing pages blind to your data as an intentional feature by the app developer. This important fact is not in their pricing information when you select a plan which seems misleading in a effort to upgrade you plan after doing the work and putting up pages

December 8, 2021

Hi there!

Joe here from Shogun Client Services. I wanted to thank you for taking time out to leave valued feedback for us.

I understand you have some concerns regarding our analytics feature and wanted you to know that I reached out a few moments ago via phone to get a few more details about your Shogun experience, and left a voicemail being that I wasn’t able to connect with you.

While we agree that Shogun analytics provides additional value to your Shogun experience, most of these analytics can be found within Shopify's Analytics feature. This does depend on the plan that you're subscribed to with Shopify, however, If you find that the Measure plans price is a bit hard to justify, we would also suggest Google Analytics as a working alternative.

Would love to discuss this further on a call. Please let me know if there is a best number to reach you at and when and we'll do our best to reach out in that timeframe!

King regards,
Joe

rootine

Saving and publishing feature is so slow. Saving a page takes 10 seconds and sometimes up to a minute. Publishing is about the same. Very annoying, especially when you risk loosing all your work given there's no auto save.

August 2, 2021

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing longer than usual waits when saving or publishing a page. I would absolutely like to take a closer look into this issue to see if we can help resolve this. I fully understand that this can be very frustrating, especially when saving/publishing content is crucial for designing your pages.

I've reached out to you via email/phone and hope to hear back from you. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

UberBackpacks

This is a good app and makes developing a page much easier and much quicker but it is really expensive for what it is and after the page is set it, I need to keep paying forever. Can't remove shogun after the page is set up since it breaks everything

April 8, 2021

Hey Brian,

We appreciate the kind words. I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience wasn't entirely positive. We can certainly understand your concerns regarding the cost.

I believe there may be a misunderstanding of how Shogun can be used with your site. Shogun is not required to be installed to keep your pages live. Shogun can be uninstalled without losing any pages created within the app. The only caveat is that the pages created within Shogun cannot be modified unless Page Builder is installed.

Charles from the support team tried to reach out to you via phone but was unable to get through. We've sent an email to you instead and we hope to hear back from you!

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

NOUVEAU LASHES Schweiz

Nice app, but extreme expensive. We hav had Shogun for a long, very long time and was deciding to remove all the content from the platform. Customers should not be a milk cow at all. Sorry to be so clear, but we was a customer since almost the beginning.

October 26, 2020

Hi Hanspeter, thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review with your honest feedback - we appreciate the honest feedback as it helps us know where we might be going in the right direction and course correct.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that our prices are quite high - just a note, these prices have only increased slightly over the three years that you have been with Shogun - you were on one of our deprecated plans at $79/mo, we are happy to honour this price on our Measure plan which is currently $99/mo.

I understand that you are unhappy regarding the inability for support to copy your pages - however, while we did deprecate our old, unreliable page copying service in favour of a much better self-serve system called Sync that's available on our Measure plan. Our support team do not have the ability to use the manual page copying feature anymore. Once your stores are on the correct plans, you will be able to sync content between the stores whenever you wish.

Again I would like to thank you for the feedback that you have provided for us and look forward to helping resolve this negative experience with my colleague James. We do really appreciate your loyalty with Shogun and hope that we can resolve this in a manner that works for you.

Dick Johnson

1. Don´t work with Re-charge.
2. Don´t work with Ajax carts.
3. Cost same than Shopify even 299€
4. Good for building basic pages like FAQ pages.

September 23, 2020

Hi Leevi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun. My colleague Charles has reached out with some information regarding all of the issues that you are experiencing and we will be sure to log these appropriately. Feedback is super important to us and helps us grow.

In terms of the features that are missing - these are both on our radar for future development as we know these are features that our customers want.

I can see you are on the Build plan at $39/month - $299/month is the price of our Team plan, which is our highest plan.

Thank you for giving Shogun a try, we really appreciate it. Charles will continue to work with you in order to hopefully turn this experience around for you.

Let us know if you have any further feedback

Hire Yourself Academy

I tried, but I just couldn't get over the fact that this cost me more than my Shopify subscription itself. It's easier to use than Pagefly but I didn't try Gem Pages, so i can't speak to how it compares there. It's less expensive than enterprise level apps like Unbounce and Instapages and it's the same price as LeadPages, but you'd be better off using another drag and drop website builder and making it a subdomain of your existing site in my opinion. Unless you're specifically trying to edit your product pages layout, in which case, maybe just pay for a premium theme one time vs getting a recurring subscription at this price tier. Good luck out there!

September 3, 2020

Hey Angelyn,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience. We can certainly understand your concerns regarding the price. We know that now more than ever, business costs have to be a consideration and we can certainly appreciate the need to cut back on the price of business operations.

It sounds like you found Shogun relatively easy to use, it's really just the price that caused your experience to be less than stellar. In case you were not aware, the subscription cost is only necessary as long as you need to maintain your pages while using Shogun Page Builder. If you were to build up a few pages and you felt that you no longer needed to change them for an extended period of time, you could uninstall Shogun and those pages would remain. The only exception to this rule would be if you've added form boxes to your pages. We cannot continue to send form data per Shopify's GDPR guidelines.

We have reached out to you via email and are also willing to jump on a call if we an help at all :)

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

ShredLights

Good for VERY basic web development. If you are looking to make an About Us page with some more customization than Shopify offers this app is great. If you are looking to use Shogun to work with product pages then expect extremely slow page load times, very slow editing speeds if you have a moderate amount of elements on one page, and many random errors that are just glitches from the system. The A/B testing feature would be great if it actually worked but it hasn't been useful at all in seeing which pages result in higher sales. This app is almost good but after spending 100+ hours working with it I am searching for a more robust solution as I'm sick of dealing with the shortcomings of Shogun.

September 3, 2020

Hi Drew & Team,

Thank you for your review and your feedback - I'm sorry to hear that your positive experience has turned into a negative experience with Shogun. I hope that we can help you resolve any issues that you are having with the app. My colleague Justine has also reached out to you via email.

I do want to start off by thanking you for your kind words about the app. I'm glad to hear that you found Shogun useful in that sense.

Regarding your issues - in relation to the slow page load times, there are a lot of factors that go into this. Shogun is a small part of the overall loading of your page, this would include your theme components, other third-party apps and any custom code that you have. Similar to creating a page without Shogun, the more content you add to a page the longer the page will take to load - Justine has reached out with some tips and information. We take measures to improve page load speed, such as deferring scripts and lazy loading your images.

Inside the editor, there may also be slowness if there are a large number of elements as the editor must keep track of all of these elements, as well as additional information regarding their state and changes. We are aware that we have room to improve there and hope to do so in the future.

We would love to hear more about the errors that you are experiencing. Would you mind sharing more information on these? The team should be able to help resolve anything that you are experiencing with the app.

Finally, regarding the issues that A/B testing is giving you - would you mind sending us over feedback about that too? Would love to see if we can resolve these issues for you and help you understand the data better.

We really appreciate any feedback that you can give us regarding the issues that you are having so that we can help you, and we can pass on feedback to the appropriate teams for future improvement. We welcome all feedback that you may have about the app.

If you could respond to Justine, or reach out directly at support@getshogun.com we would love to help.

Previous 1