Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Build Custom Product Pages, Blog Posts, FAQ Pages & Funnels.

NOUVEAU LASHES Schweiz

Nice app, but extreme expensive. We hav had Shogun for a long, very long time and was deciding to remove all the content from the platform. Customers should not be a milk cow at all. Sorry to be so clear, but we was a customer since almost the beginning.

October 26, 2020

Hi Hanspeter, thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review with your honest feedback - we appreciate the honest feedback as it helps us know where we might be going in the right direction and course correct.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that our prices are quite high - just a note, these prices have only increased slightly over the three years that you have been with Shogun - you were on one of our deprecated plans at $79/mo, we are happy to honour this price on our Measure plan which is currently $99/mo.

I understand that you are unhappy regarding the inability for support to copy your pages - however, while we did deprecate our old, unreliable page copying service in favour of a much better self-serve system called Sync that's available on our Measure plan. Our support team do not have the ability to use the manual page copying feature anymore. Once your stores are on the correct plans, you will be able to sync content between the stores whenever you wish.

Again I would like to thank you for the feedback that you have provided for us and look forward to helping resolve this negative experience with my colleague James. We do really appreciate your loyalty with Shogun and hope that we can resolve this in a manner that works for you.

Karl | Team Lead, Technical Support

Dick Johnson

1. Don´t work with Re-charge.
2. Don´t work with Ajax carts.
3. Cost same than Shopify even 299€
4. Good for building basic pages like FAQ pages.

September 23, 2020

Hi Leevi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun. My colleague Charles has reached out with some information regarding all of the issues that you are experiencing and we will be sure to log these appropriately. Feedback is super important to us and helps us grow.

In terms of the features that are missing - these are both on our radar for future development as we know these are features that our customers want.

I can see you are on the Build plan at $39/month - $299/month is the price of our Team plan, which is our highest plan.

Thank you for giving Shogun a try, we really appreciate it. Charles will continue to work with you in order to hopefully turn this experience around for you.

Let us know if you have any further feedback

Karl | Team Lead, Technical Support

Hire Yourself Academy

I tried, but I just couldn't get over the fact that this cost me more than my Shopify subscription itself. It's easier to use than Pagefly but I didn't try Gem Pages, so i can't speak to how it compares there. It's less expensive than enterprise level apps like Unbounce and Instapages and it's the same price as LeadPages, but you'd be better off using another drag and drop website builder and making it a subdomain of your existing site in my opinion. Unless you're specifically trying to edit your product pages layout, in which case, maybe just pay for a premium theme one time vs getting a recurring subscription at this price tier. Good luck out there!

September 3, 2020

Hey Angelyn,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience. We can certainly understand your concerns regarding the price. We know that now more than ever, business costs have to be a consideration and we can certainly appreciate the need to cut back on the price of business operations.

It sounds like you found Shogun relatively easy to use, it's really just the price that caused your experience to be less than stellar. In case you were not aware, the subscription cost is only necessary as long as you need to maintain your pages while using Shogun Page Builder. If you were to build up a few pages and you felt that you no longer needed to change them for an extended period of time, you could uninstall Shogun and those pages would remain. The only exception to this rule would be if you've added form boxes to your pages. We cannot continue to send form data per Shopify's GDPR guidelines.

We have reached out to you via email and are also willing to jump on a call if we an help at all :)

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Stack Bulb

not so user friendly platform , doesnt have 24/7 customer support chat like shopify so i usually have to wait a while for the email to get back . appreciate the effort nonetheless

Kurafuchi

*** Oct 10 update *** Edited to add a star because I received a full refund, but the developer’s reply is misleading. I can certify that the page format gets lost as soon as you remove the app, without having touched the page at all after uninstalling. I simply refreshed the live page on my site and saw it lose all the formatting at once.
Still do not recommend the app, even though the support seems reactive. The price is ridiculously high and the plan is to get people stuck paying forever for something that could be done as a one-shot for the price of a single month charge. Unless you create new pages very often, it’s not worth it.
----

Here’s the only important thing you should know : if you create any content using this app, you will be stuck paying 40$ or more each month, FOREVER.

If you delete the app, you'll lose all the formatting because it has its own coding format which only works as long as you’re paying. That is, of course, not made clear at all in the app info nor the Help pages.

October 7, 2019

Hello Sarah- sorry to hear about the frustration. I reached out via phone and Jana emailed you. You do get to keep your pages, even when you uninstall Shogun. However, if you make a change to the page in Shopify's editor, their editor overrides Shogun, and this can break the page. Unfortunately we have no control over this. If you leave the page as it, it will stay live, forever. You can reinstall anytime to edit. Happy to issue a full refund for your inconvenience. We also reset your free trial period. If you login and re-publish your page, it will fix it. Hope you had a good weekend. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Lugatte

Definitely doesn't deserve its money. Their monthly subscription fee is so expensive. I even don't pay that much money to Shopify! I don't recommend...

September 2, 2019

Hello Berke! Sorry to see this review, and wish you had a better experience. Looks like you built 50 pages in our software while only 7 days into your 10 day free trial. Keep in mind that we let you keep your pages (live), even after you uninstall, so the cost to you was $0. Pretty surprised to hear that this was a negative experience, but we do want to make sure that you are satisfied. A member of our support team reached out to offer an extended free trial, as well as our support. Wishing you best of luck. -Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Cognitive Surplus

This quote is from Shogun's shopify FAQ page:

"Although there is not yet a way to "apply to all", and set this new page layout as your Shopify product page layout for all your pages, this helps you edit your existing Shopify product pages for custom page layouts."

read this as, if you want to use shogun to edit your product's page layout -- you need to edit each product, one at a time. This also includes category pages etc. This app treats your store as a huge array of individual pages that you need to edit individually. Great tool for making custom one off pages. Terrible if you are hoping to use this to build a custom theme. -4 Stars because they got my hopes up. +1 star because of the free trial.

July 2, 2019

Hey Geoff- sorry to hear you had a bad experience here. We called and emailed to explain. For clarification, we actually built this feature in the way you want (making the product page a "master page template") - but the only way to engineer it leaves a heavy footprint on the theme files. We always prioritize minimal impact on code so that (1) there are less opportunities for code conflicts and (2) in case you ever want to part ways with us, your theme files are clean. Happy to issue a refund here since we didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for being considerate. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Dazio Floral

Sucks for product page editing. You can't move existing elements like product description.

Might work for something else but its no good for product page editing.

March 22, 2019

Hey there! We reached out and got in touch with Heather, but still trying to get in touch with you. You can actually make completely custom page layouts for product pages; when you're in the product page editing flow, choose the "Custom Layout" option instead of the "Existing Layout" option. The latter is restricted to your theme layout, the former allows you to put the product fields wherever you like. Reply to us at support@getshogun.com if you have any questions. Our team would be happy to walk you through it. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

SooSmooth

I tried to use this app, but it definitely disappointed me. Very bad drag and drop tool that i've used for a couple of hours without finishing a single element as i'd like...

March 18, 2019

Hello Viktor- Very sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing. We reached out immediately after this, and you refused to accept our help. If you change your mind, please feel free to reach back out to support@getshogun.com . We have a 24/7 support team based in USA, UK, India, Australia and Jamaica. Thank you. - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)

Icon Days

So far this is a really clunky ugly builder compared to PageFly AND more expensive. I tried to move away from PageFly due to the bugs, but this is painful to use.

Any planned UI upgrades?

March 18, 2019

Hey Ben- I think a member of our support team (Charles) reached out to you immediately after this to schedule a call to see where you feel we can improve. I'm not intimately familiar with PageFly, but we always like to hear feedback. Please do take us up on our offer to chat, and we can also help you with a free re-trial. I think once you explore our software a bit more you'll have a different perspective. Support@getshogun.com is always here to help. Thank you for your consideration. - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)

Previous 1