Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Design product pages, sales funnels, blog, product description

Kurafuchi

*** Oct 10 update *** Edited to add a star because I received a full refund, but the developer’s reply is misleading. I can certify that the page format gets lost as soon as you remove the app, without having touched the page at all after uninstalling. I simply refreshed the live page on my site and saw it lose all the formatting at once.
Still do not recommend the app, even though the support seems reactive. The price is ridiculously high and the plan is to get people stuck paying forever for something that could be done as a one-shot for the price of a single month charge. Unless you create new pages very often, it’s not worth it.
----

Here’s the only important thing you should know : if you create any content using this app, you will be stuck paying 40$ or more each month, FOREVER.

If you delete the app, you'll lose all the formatting because it has its own coding format which only works as long as you’re paying. That is, of course, not made clear at all in the app info nor the Help pages.

October 7, 2019

Hello Sarah- sorry to hear about the frustration. I reached out via phone and Jana emailed you. You do get to keep your pages, even when you uninstall Shogun. However, if you make a change to the page in Shopify's editor, their editor overrides Shogun, and this can break the page. Unfortunately we have no control over this. If you leave the page as it, it will stay live, forever. You can reinstall anytime to edit. Happy to issue a full refund for your inconvenience. We also reset your free trial period. If you login and re-publish your page, it will fix it. Hope you had a good weekend. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Topaz & Pearl

I've had nothing but problems with this app. It's easy to use but the functionality glitches often. My live pages look nothing like the design because of errors. The support team is nice but they don't have live help, you have to wait for an email. Wish I could just talk to a human. I have to keep the app installed until I finish my project but I can't wait to delete this. When it works successfully, it's a great tool but I am pretty frustrated quite often with this app.

September 23, 2019

Hi Julia! Sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing. It sounds like you may have been experiencing parity issues with Shogun. There is not parity between Shogun and Shopify's editors at this time. If a small change was made within Shopify to your page this could have caused the issue. Republishing the page should fix the issue. While we do not generally offer phone support we'd be happy to make an exception to help you work through this issue and help resolve any problems you're having. We do offer live chat support on our Measure and Optimize plans as well. Charles from our tech support team reached out to you via email earlier today. Looking forward to getting this resolved :) Thank you. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Lugatte

Definitely doesn't deserve its money. Their monthly subscription fee is so expensive. I even don't pay that much money to Shopify! I don't recommend...

September 2, 2019

Hello Berke! Sorry to see this review, and wish you had a better experience. Looks like you built 50 pages in our software while only 7 days into your 10 day free trial. Keep in mind that we let you keep your pages (live), even after you uninstall, so the cost to you was $0. Pretty surprised to hear that this was a negative experience, but we do want to make sure that you are satisfied. A member of our support team reached out to offer an extended free trial, as well as our support. Wishing you best of luck. -Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Cognitive Surplus

This quote is from Shogun's shopify FAQ page:

"Although there is not yet a way to "apply to all", and set this new page layout as your Shopify product page layout for all your pages, this helps you edit your existing Shopify product pages for custom page layouts."

read this as, if you want to use shogun to edit your product's page layout -- you need to edit each product, one at a time. This also includes category pages etc. This app treats your store as a huge array of individual pages that you need to edit individually. Great tool for making custom one off pages. Terrible if you are hoping to use this to build a custom theme. -4 Stars because they got my hopes up. +1 star because of the free trial.

July 2, 2019

Hey Geoff- sorry to hear you had a bad experience here. We called and emailed to explain. For clarification, we actually built this feature in the way you want (making the product page a "master page template") - but the only way to engineer it leaves a heavy footprint on the theme files. We always prioritize minimal impact on code so that (1) there are less opportunities for code conflicts and (2) in case you ever want to part ways with us, your theme files are clean. Happy to issue a refund here since we didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for being considerate. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Dazio Floral

Sucks for product page editing. You can't move existing elements like product description.

Might work for something else but its no good for product page editing.

March 22, 2019

Hey there! We reached out and got in touch with Heather, but still trying to get in touch with you. You can actually make completely custom page layouts for product pages; when you're in the product page editing flow, choose the "Custom Layout" option instead of the "Existing Layout" option. The latter is restricted to your theme layout, the former allows you to put the product fields wherever you like. Reply to us at support@getshogun.com if you have any questions. Our team would be happy to walk you through it. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

SooSmooth

I tried to use this app, but it definitely disappointed me. Very bad drag and drop tool that i've used for a couple of hours without finishing a single element as i'd like...

March 18, 2019

Hello Viktor- Very sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing. We reached out immediately after this, and you refused to accept our help. If you change your mind, please feel free to reach back out to support@getshogun.com . We have a 24/7 support team based in USA, UK, India, Australia and Jamaica. Thank you. - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)

Icon Days

So far this is a really clunky ugly builder compared to PageFly AND more expensive. I tried to move away from PageFly due to the bugs, but this is painful to use.

Any planned UI upgrades?

March 18, 2019

Hey Ben- I think a member of our support team (Charles) reached out to you immediately after this to schedule a call to see where you feel we can improve. I'm not intimately familiar with PageFly, but we always like to hear feedback. Please do take us up on our offer to chat, and we can also help you with a free re-trial. I think once you explore our software a bit more you'll have a different perspective. Support@getshogun.com is always here to help. Thank you for your consideration. - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)

The Wrap Life

I dont understand all the high praises for this app. If you're designing something for mobile and desktop, it's very difficult to use. There no logic or way of knowing if you do one thing, it'll impact the layout of another on a different screen. Spent hours fumbling around hoping to get lucky. Nothing seemed to work. Deleted it.

March 18, 2019

Nnenna- hope all has been well. We reached out a few times, but I think we ultimately weren't able to get in touch. I TOTALLY feel your pain here. The screen settings feature in Shogun is helpful for creating experiences unique to screen size, but we need more powerful screen specific controls. Happy to say that we are working on that now, and it will be out soon. You can reach out to support@getshogun.com for a free re-trial. Ping us anytime if you need help. Thank you - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)

Hammer Department

It works but Its got a lot glitches, half the time you can't change the color of text or font style or size. It erased the page I was working on, 2 hours of work when I published the page down the drain it erased half the page. And when you link product URL to shop button it bounces you off the page and onto product page in store, then when you go back it freezes what your working on then I have close & reopen just get it to work.

March 18, 2019

Hi James- sorry for the trouble here. We did reach out to you about this, but were unable to get a response. We were unable to replicate these errors, but would love your help documenting them so we can make sure they are resolved. Happy to issue a free re-trial so we can check it out. Please do email us at support@getshogun.com and we'll jump on it. Thank you. - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)