Shogun Landing Page Builder

Developer
Shogun Labs, Inc.
4.8
Edited August 7, 2022

According to SEMRUSH, the Shogun pages use uncompressed JavaScript and CSS files, and it also uses unminified JavaScript and CSS files. To beat WordPress apps, they must abide by Google page-speed demands and compress and minify their JavaScript and CSS files. We use it for a couple of pages, but I honestly can't add any more pages, as each additional page dings our pagespeed and SEMRUSH scores, so until they fix this issue... I will probably never pay for anything except the basic plan and use it for a few pages. Get this fixed, and I'll give it at least 4 stars. Make it as malleable as "Thrive Architect" for Wordpress or Convertri.com (stand-alone non-shopify app), and you will definitely deserve 5 stars. Until then... I can only give you 2 stars.

RevGenetics
Time spent using app: 26 days
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied August 8, 2022

Hey there, Anthony! Thank you so much for leaving us a review and sharing your feedback.

We are sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you've had with Shogun. I can understand the concerns around the unminified JavaScript and CSS files. This is something our team has been working on and we do want to ensure that there are no efficiency issues. Your honest feedback means a lot to us as it helps to continue improving the app for you.

My colleague, Max has reached out to you via email to discuss this further and we'd really appreciate it if you could reply back to us. If it helps, we can also discuss this over the phone if you could provide us with the best contact number and day/time.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 🙂

Sweetan | Manager | Support

April 25, 2022

Overall it's great for what it does. What's not so great is relying on them when shit hits the fan. Something happened with their backend that kept us from updating our pages. Took them around a month to figure out what was wrong and fix it. Provided zero compensation for the issue even though I'm paying $$ each month. Hard to say how reliable they will be in the long run.

The MeatStick
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied April 25, 2022

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and leaving us a review.

I'm glad to read that you find Shogun great, however, I am extremely sorry about the not-so-good experience you had. We strive to ensure that you have a good experience with our app and the support team.

I'll be happy to look into this further and would be reaching out via email. I'd appreciate it if you could follow up with me there.

Thanks! We appreciate your support.

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

Edited March 7, 2022

Tried this app / did not love it. Particularly, larger font sizes were hard to make look symmetrical on mobile devices (was messy in that regard). Making different versions of a page for different screen sizes (as their tech support suggested) seems like an unnecessary effort. By comparison, Hypervisual is now working better for us... displays nicely on all screen sizes — and overall it's simpler to work with.

ExcellentSupply.com
Time spent using app: 22 days
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied March 7, 2022

Edit:
I'm glad to see that you have received our messages and suggestions, we'd love to work with you on this if you would like to reach out to our team. We understand that you are happy with using Hypervisual and we respect that, but we would love to have a chance to correct your past experiences with Shogun, should you ever choose to come back and give us a try again!

Hey there! Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with Shogun and I'd be happy to discuss the issues with you so that we can assist you better.

I understand you were facing some issues with the font sizes on the mobile view, however, I wasn't able to locate a previous conversation with our support team with respect to the issues. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We have a couple of options to ensure you can go ahead and adjust the font sizes as per your preferences on specific device views (for example, mobile) so that the text and the font work nicely across all devices.

I tried calling you, but I wasn't able to speak to you, however, I have also reached out to you via email and I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply back to us so that we can help you further.

Hoping to hear back from you soon.

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

January 27, 2022

Very user friendly but the app lags big time and I'm not talking about the speed of loading a page within the store. Its the dreadful speed of publishing and previewing a page that sucks

Embellished Kinks Hair Collection
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied January 27, 2022

Hi Jenae,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review today to leave us feedback.

I'm happy to hear that you find Shogun user-friendly, however, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed of certain functions of the app. We really appreciate you raising this concern with us.

Page publishing and previewing require that we build the pages on your store, which involves creating all the required files based on the design that you have created on the store. Larger pages with a lot of content may sometimes take a bit more time than smaller pages, though looking at your account I can see that your pages are not too large. This also includes the time that it takes to publish your page to Shopify.

With all that being said, we are always investigating ways that we can improve this experience and make these features speedier.

My colleague Justine has reached out to you with some further information, I would very much appreciate if you could let her know roughly the average delay you are seeing on your side so that we can continue to investigate.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you so we can help.

Karl | Manager, Technical Support

Edited December 8, 2021

Do be aware there is NO ANALYTICS for the first two PAID plans. We found this out after we built pages. Think about this - publishing pages blind to your data as an intentional feature by the app developer. This important fact is not in their pricing information when you select a plan which seems misleading in a effort to upgrade you plan after doing the work and putting up pages

Scent Fill
Time spent using app: 19 days
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied December 8, 2021

Hi there!

Joe here from Shogun Client Services. I wanted to thank you for taking time out to leave valued feedback for us.

I understand you have some concerns regarding our analytics feature and wanted you to know that I reached out a few moments ago via phone to get a few more details about your Shogun experience, and left a voicemail being that I wasn’t able to connect with you.

While we agree that Shogun analytics provides additional value to your Shogun experience, most of these analytics can be found within Shopify's Analytics feature. This does depend on the plan that you're subscribed to with Shopify, however, If you find that the Measure plans price is a bit hard to justify, we would also suggest Google Analytics as a working alternative.

Would love to discuss this further on a call. Please let me know if there is a best number to reach you at and when and we'll do our best to reach out in that timeframe!

King regards,