Shogun Landing Page Builder

Page Editor to Design Blogs, Product & Landing Pages

Free plan available

RevGenetics

According to SEMRUSH, the Shogun pages use uncompressed JavaScript and CSS files, and it also uses unminified JavaScript and CSS files. To beat WordPress apps, they must abide by Google page-speed demands and compress and minify their JavaScript and CSS files. We use it for a couple of pages, but I honestly can't add any more pages, as each additional page dings our pagespeed and SEMRUSH scores, so until they fix this issue... I will probably never pay for anything except the basic plan and use it for a few pages. Get this fixed, and I'll give it at least 4 stars. Make it as malleable as "Thrive Architect" for Wordpress or Convertri.com (stand-alone non-shopify app), and you will definitely deserve 5 stars. Until then... I can only give you 2 stars.

August 8, 2022

Hey there, Anthony! Thank you so much for leaving us a review and sharing your feedback.

We are sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you've had with Shogun. I can understand the concerns around the unminified JavaScript and CSS files. This is something our team has been working on and we do want to ensure that there are no efficiency issues. Your honest feedback means a lot to us as it helps to continue improving the app for you.

My colleague, Max has reached out to you via email to discuss this further and we'd really appreciate it if you could reply back to us. If it helps, we can also discuss this over the phone if you could provide us with the best contact number and day/time.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 🙂

Sweetan | Manager | Support
Shogun Page Builder

Scent Fill

Do be aware there is NO ANALYTICS for the first two PAID plans. We found this out after we built pages. Think about this - publishing pages blind to your data as an intentional feature by the app developer. This important fact is not in their pricing information when you select a plan which seems misleading in a effort to upgrade you plan after doing the work and putting up pages

December 8, 2021

Hi there!

Joe here from Shogun Client Services. I wanted to thank you for taking time out to leave valued feedback for us.

I understand you have some concerns regarding our analytics feature and wanted you to know that I reached out a few moments ago via phone to get a few more details about your Shogun experience, and left a voicemail being that I wasn’t able to connect with you.

While we agree that Shogun analytics provides additional value to your Shogun experience, most of these analytics can be found within Shopify's Analytics feature. This does depend on the plan that you're subscribed to with Shopify, however, If you find that the Measure plans price is a bit hard to justify, we would also suggest Google Analytics as a working alternative.

Would love to discuss this further on a call. Please let me know if there is a best number to reach you at and when and we'll do our best to reach out in that timeframe!

King regards,
Joe

Hire Yourself Academy

I tried, but I just couldn't get over the fact that this cost me more than my Shopify subscription itself. It's easier to use than Pagefly but I didn't try Gem Pages, so i can't speak to how it compares there. It's less expensive than enterprise level apps like Unbounce and Instapages and it's the same price as LeadPages, but you'd be better off using another drag and drop website builder and making it a subdomain of your existing site in my opinion. Unless you're specifically trying to edit your product pages layout, in which case, maybe just pay for a premium theme one time vs getting a recurring subscription at this price tier. Good luck out there!

September 3, 2020

Hey Angelyn,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience. We can certainly understand your concerns regarding the price. We know that now more than ever, business costs have to be a consideration and we can certainly appreciate the need to cut back on the price of business operations.

It sounds like you found Shogun relatively easy to use, it's really just the price that caused your experience to be less than stellar. In case you were not aware, the subscription cost is only necessary as long as you need to maintain your pages while using Shogun Page Builder. If you were to build up a few pages and you felt that you no longer needed to change them for an extended period of time, you could uninstall Shogun and those pages would remain. The only exception to this rule would be if you've added form boxes to your pages. We cannot continue to send form data per Shopify's GDPR guidelines.

We have reached out to you via email and are also willing to jump on a call if we an help at all :)

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kurafuchi

Location France

*** Oct 10 update *** Edited to add a star because I received a full refund, but the developer’s reply is misleading. I can certify that the page format gets lost as soon as you remove the app, without having touched the page at all after uninstalling. I simply refreshed the live page on my site and saw it lose all the formatting at once.
Still do not recommend the app, even though the support seems reactive. The price is ridiculously high and the plan is to get people stuck paying forever for something that could be done as a one-shot for the price of a single month charge. Unless you create new pages very often, it’s not worth it.
----

Here’s the only important thing you should know : if you create any content using this app, you will be stuck paying 40$ or more each month, FOREVER.

If you delete the app, you'll lose all the formatting because it has its own coding format which only works as long as you’re paying. That is, of course, not made clear at all in the app info nor the Help pages.

October 7, 2019

Hello Sarah- sorry to hear about the frustration. I reached out via phone and Jana emailed you. You do get to keep your pages, even when you uninstall Shogun. However, if you make a change to the page in Shopify's editor, their editor overrides Shogun, and this can break the page. Unfortunately we have no control over this. If you leave the page as it, it will stay live, forever. You can reinstall anytime to edit. Happy to issue a full refund for your inconvenience. We also reset your free trial period. If you login and re-publish your page, it will fix it. Hope you had a good weekend. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Cognitive Surplus

This quote is from Shogun's shopify FAQ page:

"Although there is not yet a way to "apply to all", and set this new page layout as your Shopify product page layout for all your pages, this helps you edit your existing Shopify product pages for custom page layouts."

read this as, if you want to use shogun to edit your product's page layout -- you need to edit each product, one at a time. This also includes category pages etc. This app treats your store as a huge array of individual pages that you need to edit individually. Great tool for making custom one off pages. Terrible if you are hoping to use this to build a custom theme. -4 Stars because they got my hopes up. +1 star because of the free trial.

July 2, 2019

Hey Geoff- sorry to hear you had a bad experience here. We called and emailed to explain. For clarification, we actually built this feature in the way you want (making the product page a "master page template") - but the only way to engineer it leaves a heavy footprint on the theme files. We always prioritize minimal impact on code so that (1) there are less opportunities for code conflicts and (2) in case you ever want to part ways with us, your theme files are clean. Happy to issue a refund here since we didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for being considerate. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)